• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

CZX0HXIWAAAZAto.jpg

So is anyone else being boring on a friday night? I am just sitting around adding gifs to my collection putting off college stuff that I really should be working on.

Oh yeah if any of you Habs gaffers are actually fluent in french ( I am not sure if all of you are directly from Quebec or how much french you speak) and would be willing to help me from time to time that would be awesome. If not it's cool :lol

Erdrick

So is anyone else being boring on a friday night? I am just sitting around adding gifs to my collection putting off college stuff that I really should be working on.

Oh yeah if any of you Habs gaffers are actually fluent in french ( I am not sure if all of you are directly from Quebec or how much french you speak) and would be willing to help me from time to time that would be awesome. If not it's cool :lol

I'm out at a local bar having a few cold beers to match the lousy weather conditions outside. Some college hockey game is on. Denver and... Not too sure. The Australian Open is on the other set of TV's. Had to get out of the house. Been playing Yakuza 5 religiously in my free time at home. Phenomenal addition to the series. Absolutely love it. The Jets don't play till tomorrow night, so I'm not too concerned with the games tonight.

Probably gonna hit a few more bars tonight. In a social mood.

I'm not from Montreal or anything, but I was in French immersion in school for a decade, so I'm fairly fluent, if a little rusty.

I'm out at a local bar having a few cold beers to match the lousy weather conditions outside. Some college hockey game is on. Denver and... Not too sure. The Australian Open is on the other set of TV's. Had to get out of the house. Been playing Yakuza 5 religiously in my free time at home. Phenomenal addition to the series. Absolutely love it. The Jets don't play till tomorrow night, so I'm not too concerned with the games tonight.

I'm not from Montreal or anything, but I was in French immersion in school for a decade, so I'm fairly fluent, if a little rusty.

Oh man that sounds pretty fun. I gave up drinking until I am off my current anxiety meds. I miss it but at least this has taught me some sort of moderation. Yakuza 5 is awesome! PLayed all i could back when it first came out a couple months back! Quite an incredible game.

But okay cool! I bet it is still a lot better than mine. I can read french pretty well, but I should know a lot more than I do for this being my 4th semester taking it. I had a lot of enthusiasm at the beginning but it waned quickly and now it is survival at this point, especially since french won't be part of any of my jobs. But yeah any help would be appreciated. I won't bother people too much about it but any help would be awesome.

Marvie_3

Banned

Denver and UMD would be fun to watch. They're both ranked in the top 20.

Erdrick

Oh man that sounds pretty fun. I gave up drinking until I am off my current anxiety meds. I miss it but at least this has taught me some sort of moderation. Yakuza 5 is awesome! PLayed all i could back when it first came out a couple months back! Quite an incredible game.

But okay cool! I bet it is still a lot better than mine. I can read french pretty well, but I should know a lot more than I do for this being my 4th semester taking it. I had a lot of enthusiasm at the beginning but it waned quickly and now it is survival at this point, especially since french won't be part of any of my jobs. But yeah any help would be appreciated. I won't bother people too much about it but any help would be awesome.

Yeah, I read about your abstaining from alcohol. A good plan if you're on meds of any kind, or if it is negatively affecting your life in any way. Every once in a while, I fill my huge mug of beer (1 Litre) with some nice German beer, cook up some steaks and/or burgers and enjoy whatever Jets game is on. (Not so much this season, but hey, it ain't over yet.) In Canada, we're kind of encouraged to be bilingual, and I'm actually all for it. Diversity in culture and understanding is a beautiful thing. As for Yakuza 5, I've been with this series since the original came out in North America in the fall of 2006, so the advancements in gameplay and visuals, plus design, have been stellar. I've got a launch model 60 gig ps3, so I could barely fit it on the HDD, but it was worth the ages it took to download. 60 hours in and I'm only starting chapter 3.

You're a Flyers fan, right? You happy with their play as of late? I don't hear too much of them since we're not really in the same division or anything. Got a buddy who's a lifelong fan though, so I occasionally get updates from him.

Yeah, I read about your abstaining from alcohol. A good plan if you're on meds of any kind, or if it is negatively affecting your life in any way. Every once in a while, I fill my huge mug of beer (1 Litre) with some nice German beer, cook up some steaks and/or burgers and enjoy whatever Jets game is on. (Not so much this season, but hey, it ain't over yet.) In Canada, we're kind of encouraged to be bilingual, and I'm actually all for it. Diversity in culture and understanding is a beautiful thing. As for Yakuza 5, I've been with this series since the original came out in North America in the fall of 2006, so the advancements in gameplay and visuals, plus design, have been stellar. I've got a launch model 60 gig ps3, so I could barely fit it on the HDD, but it was worth the ages it took to download. 60 hours in and I'm only starting chapter 3.

You're a Flyers fan, right? You happy with their play as of late? I don't hear too much of them since we're not really in the same division or anything. Got a buddy who's a lifelong fan though, so I occasionally get updates from him.

Yeah well I had a hard lesson for me to stop drinking since after a night of some really heavy drinking I was ready to go to bed and a panic attack hit me causing me to stay up until 7am since I didn't want to risk it due to CNS depression.

But yeah I should have taken Spanish probably but after 13 years of taking it I was over it. Also I didn't learn that much since my Spanish teachers much through elementary and middle school taught us the same thing over and over and never really advanced past that. But even in Winnipeg they encourage learning French? I know they are damn serious about it in Montreal.

And yes I am a Flyers fan. We were playing well until this week. Lost to the Laffs and the Pens... I was getting hopeful for the playoffs and we still are well within a grasp of nabbing a spot but I am not expecting a cup so at this point I just kinda want to cut our ties on the season since we are looking at 2018 to be really competitive though. We have some incredible prospects coming soon. We mainly need to get better defensively, get rid of a couple bad contracts left and figure out our 3rd and 4th lines. We are finally not having goaltending problems.

How are your Jets doing? Mostly what I hear are just the Buff trade rumors and the stuff about Kane.

Erdrick

UMDs were so shitty. What a terrible idea. Fuck you Sony.

The sad thing is, I've got a few movies. It was kinda novel watching Terminator 2 on the go back in 2004 or whenever I bought it. But yeah, not a good format. The system itself was nice though. I was floored playing Ridge Racer on it. Couldn't believe that was on a handheld. Made the DS look archaic in comparison. Of course, time has been more kind to the DS, and I enjoy both equally. Still have never bought a Vita. I put in so many hours into my PSP with Peace Walker and even more into my DS with DQ9. That was a great summer for portable games.

Revenant

This is what Her is really about

fucking :lol

that DOA thread is THIRSTY. (late to the party on this I know but daaaamn.)

UMDs were so shitty. What a terrible idea. Fuck you Sony.

Truly horrible. I think I have a umd movie somewhere in my room since it came with my PSP! (I bet it wasn't a very good movie either).

Portable gaming has some wonderful clusterfucks in it's history. Was it Nokia that made the NGAGE?

Marvie_3

Banned
The sad thing is, I've got a few movies. It was kinda novel watching Terminator 2 on the go back in 2004 or whenever I bought it. But yeah, not a good format. The system itself was nice though. I was floored playing Ridge Racer on it. Couldn't believe that was on a handheld. Made the DS look archaic in comparison. Of course, time has been more kind to the DS, and I enjoy both equally. Still have never bought a Vita. I put in so many hours into my PSP with Peace Walker and even more into my DS with DQ9. That was a great summer for portable games.

I had a PSP for about 2 years and almost all of the gaming I did on it was emulation. I used it mostly for music and movies that I ripped onto the memory stick things. I liked the system, I just never really got into the games for it.

I have no interest in a Vita either. I really only need 1 handheld and my 3DS has more than enough to keep me busy until the NX handheld comes out.

Truly horrible. I think I have a umd movie somewhere in my room since it came with my PSP! (I bet it wasn't a very good movie either).

Portable gaming has some wonderful clusterfucks in it's history. Was it Nokia that made the NGAGE?
Yeah that was Nokia. The 2nd model (can't remember what it was called) was actually not that bad of a phone. I got one for free and used it for awhile. :lol

Erdrick

Yeah well I had a hard lesson for me to stop drinking since after a night of some really heavy drinking I was ready to go to bed and a panic attack hit me causing me to stay up until 7am since I didn't want to risk it due to CNS depression.

But yeah I should have taken Spanish probably but after 13 years of taking it I was over it. Also I didn't learn that much since my Spanish teachers much through elementary and middle school taught us the same thing over and over and never really advanced past that. But even in Winnipeg they encourage learning French? I know they are damn serious about it in Montreal.

And yes I am a Flyers fan. We were playing well until this week. Lost to the Laffs and the Pens... I was getting hopeful for the playoffs and we still are well within a grasp of nabbing a spot but I am not expecting a cup so at this point I just kinda want to cut our ties on the season since we are looking at 2018 to be really competitive though. We have some incredible prospects coming soon. We mainly need to get better defensively, get rid of a couple bad contracts left and figure out our 3rd and 4th lines. We are finally not having goaltending problems.

How are your Jets doing? Mostly what I hear are just the Buff trade rumors and the stuff about Kane.

I've sadly got a high tolerance for booze. At my staff party a few weeks ago, I had 20 drinks and didin't even feel it. (I had a headache in the morning, but that was pretty much it.) Best not to let alcohol control you though. Just enjoy in moderation and know when to stop.

Canada has French as it's second language, and I believe that outside of Quebec, Manitoba has the largest french-speaking population in the country. It's handy for me at work sometimes when I need to translate for people.

The Jets have been mediocre so far this year. They've regressed and there is massive clouds over Ladd and Byfuglien as to whether or not they will be here past the deadline. I've not gone to too many games this year, since work had been slow, and I'm not really inclined to spend 140 bucks, especially after I am beat from work and have like... 2 hours to get to the game, and then have to work in the am again. Would sooner stay home or go out and watch it with friends at a pub. Don't think I'll pass my record of 23 games like I did last year. They have yet to win three games in a row this year, I believe, so... Not gonna get anywhere in the NHL with those stats. For the record, I'd sooner they keep Byfuglien than Ladd. I'd prefer they keep both, but that's probably not possible. Kane... He never wanted to be here, and he attracted so much unwanted drama, I'm very pleased with that trade from last year. We're better off without him. He hasn't lived up to his mouth, but I still think he could be an elite player one day once he grows up. Myers, Stafford and Armia, Not to mention Jack Raslovic (Draft pick we got from them) and even more exciting to me, Brendan Lemieux, more than make up for anything that Kane has done so far. Miss Bogosian though. He was a solid defenceman.

I've been a fan of hockey ever since I was a kid with the original Jets. I'm glad that they're appreciated by some fans down south (CosmicQueso) so it lessens the sting of losing them.

Revenant

The same could be said about many of these NHL threads.

And there was a time, where late at night, after some sort of vaguely defined hour, that things got reeeeeeeeeeeeeal weird here.

now it's just weird because I don't recognize half the posters i've seen here the past few days

that one is pretty good, the gif ones are all entertaining. The gif with Vince Mcmahon's reaction faces cut in may be my favorite, but that's mostly because those facial expressions are amazing. Wrestling is dumb carny shit, but there was a time when it was amazingly fun dumb carny shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
And there was a time, where late at night, after some sort of vaguely defined hour, that things got reeeeeeeeeeeeeal weird here.

now it's just weird because I don't recognize half the posters i've seen here the past few days

Those nights were fun though because each new post brought a new form of horror.....especially the banners.

Don't feel bad. I'm in here a lot and even I don't recognize half of the people in here.

Top Bottom