• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's my birthday today. So Ducks winning was pretty cool.

Tomorrow it will be Marvie's birthday like it is everyday

m7jMhVD.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARVIE SMACK!

giphy.gif

Anyone have an idea where to get a jersey online? Ice Jerseys lacks stock for the Avs alternate. NHL.com has the shitty ironed on numbers. Also I really want to get a Barrie jersey, but I'm worried about negotiations this summer, mostly because every time I get a jersey the player leaves, my last two jerseys were Anderson and Stastny. :(

Anyone have an idea where to get a jersey online? Ice Jerseys lacks stock for the Avs alternate. NHL.com has the shitty ironed on numbers. Also I really want to get a Barrie jersey, but I'm worried about negotiations this summer, mostly because every time I get a jersey the player leaves, my last two jerseys were Anderson and Stastny. :(
So take a few hits for the team and get Berra and Guenin

Razorskin

----- ------

I'm sure the negotiations will be fine.

Unless he has Subban's agent, then you're fucked.

There we go, the subtle jab at my city. Took longer than usual. Minnesota, Chicago, Edmonton, Calgary... They'd be the ones that really come to mind. Except I respect their teams. (Well... Not Edmonton. But that just dates back to them crushing us in the 80's)

It's weird, I've never seen you make a post about one of those teams. The opposite of 'love' isn't 'hate', Erdrick, it's 'indifference'.

Yawnier

Banned
Connor Brown is back! :D

Imo, he could have challenged for a NHL spot after the TDL if he didn't get hurt and was out for almost 3 months. He was our best forward prospect in training camp and pre season, after Snizzbone of course.

I guess we'll see

zroid

Banned
I think both Stuart Percy and Scott Harrington will be waiver-eligible next year

if Zaitsev signs, Leafs D corps for 2016-17 projects as:

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Phaneuf
Marincin-Harrington

Corrado
Percy
Zaitsev
Robidas (lol)

obviously some decisions to make...

I think Percy MIGHT squeak through waivers, but he's a former 1st rd pick, it's likely someone would claim him. I like Marincin and think he deserves a bigger role, but it doesn't really look like the organization agrees. He's probably gone.

Even though Zaitsev is supposedly NHL-ready, he might get sent down just because he'll be waiver exempt. But I have a feeling there's an understanding between him and the org that he'll start in the NHL. That's probably why he's planning to sign with us in the first place.

Samyy

I think both Stuart Percy and Scott Harrington will be waiver-eligible next year

if Zaitsev signs, Leafs D corps for 2016-17 projects as:

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Phaneuf
Marincin-Harrington

Corrado
Percy
Zaitsev
Robidas (lol)

obviously some decisions to make...

I think Percy MIGHT squeak through waivers, but he's a former 1st rd pick, it's likely someone would claim him. I like Marincin and think he deserves a bigger role, but it doesn't really look like the organization agrees. He's probably gone.

Even though Zaitsev is supposedly NHL-ready, he might get sent down just because he'll be waiver exempt. But I have a feeling there's an understanding between him and the org that he'll start in the NHL. That's probably why he's planning to sign with us in the first place.

We need to get rid of Hunwick D: fuckkkkkk

Yawnier

Banned
I don't think Percy would squeak through waivers.

Not when someone like Granberg was claimed by another team, lol. Percy is 10x the defenseman that Granberg is

damn that's a lowball for sure

he won't accept that

I think Yzerman is betting on him getting around 7x10M elsewhere, which is about the same total value as 8x8.5M. But he would still opt for free agency in this case.

I think Stamkos could easily get 12 though. Probably overpaying but maybe not since he still is only 25. But I just don't see him staying in Tampa.

zroid

Banned
I don't think Percy would squeak through waivers.

Not when someone like Granberg was claimed by another team, lol. Percy is 10x the defenseman that Granberg is

Yeah that's probably true. Although i'm still shocked Granberg was claimed :lol

Granberg though was sent down mid-season which is a little more risky than in pre-season when everybody is still trying to figure out their rosters. Percy may have a chance to slip through just because he has so little NHL experience. Any team that claims him would be taking a flier.

Ricker

Habs won...? damn ;)

I have this huge one page Calendar of the Habs schedule,it was in the Journal de Montreal,and at the start of the season,I was writing the scores of each game,with a little V or P(lost) besides each tile...stopped doing it around December 3rd lol... ;)

imBask

Banned
why sign for 8.5 when Toronto has a 12M contract already prepared for you?

outside of the fact that the medias will drive you insane over there

ZeroGravity

I'm aware of how they work :lol

Still that is too low of a start IMO
Not at all. That is exactly how much Stamkos is actually worth based on his play, and is a reasonable offer. Of course it won't be accepted, but you HAVE to start that low, or else "the middle" where they end up meeting is raised higher.

Quick

Banned
This is how contract negotiations work. Stamkos asks for more than he's worth, and Yzerman offers what he's actually worth. They meet somewhere in the middle.

Yep, Negotiations 101 basically. One side lowballs, the other makes a high counter offer.

Stamkos knows he's going to get more through Free Agency, but he's probably hoping the Lightning play along and win the game.

Not at all. That is exactly how much Stamkos is actually worth based on his play, and is a reasonable offer. Of course it won't be accepted, but you HAVE to start that low, or else "the middle" where they end up meeting is raised higher.

True. I guess where I feel that it is too low, even though I have nothing to base this off, is that there is easily an 11-12 AAV waiting for him in FA.

Top Bottom