• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Yawnier

Banned
Yeah that's probably true. Although i'm still shocked Granberg was claimed :lol

Granberg though was sent down mid-season which is a little more risky than in pre-season when everybody is still trying to figure out their rosters. Percy may have a chance to slip through just because he has so little NHL experience. Any team that claims him would be taking a flier.

The latter is def true because of how many players all go on waivers at once early in the season. It still wouldn't shock me if he would get picked up by another rebuilding team, like how the laffs picked Corrado off waivers from Vancouver late last year.

But then again maybe I'm a bit biased since Percy is probably my second favorite D prospect. He plays a game that fits the NHL well, but he needs to stay healthy

why sign for 8.5 when Toronto has a 12M contract already prepared for you?

outside of the fact that the medias will drive you insane over there

12M? Hah yeah right, as if the leafs will have that kind of cap space.

Quick

Banned
12M? Hah yeah right, as if the leafs will have that kind of cap space.

c6a49a47984ab04a0e8ac8c576083291.gif

dp: #FreeCorrado

He will overcome.

Quick

Banned
Not with Loophole Lou around we're not.

LL: "Stamkos, why must you disrespect me with this contract offer? I offer you a chance to play for your home team, and you spit in my face with a $12 million AAV counter offer?"

Stamkos:"Lou, it's just business."

LL: "Tell you what: I'll offer you $5 million, and we'll work out some other details to earn you more, if you wanna just step inside this freezer with me..."

*20 minutes later*

LL: "So, that'll be $3 million a year, and you get to see your family again."

godfather_lou-640x360.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you're signing him to anything, it will be ridiculous.

9.1 million in Toronto is definitely more than 9.1 million in Tampa with the extra money he can make here. He'd instantly be the face of the franchise and likely be the most popular and I wouldn't be surprised to see him plastered all over.

Marvie_3

Banned
9.1 million in Toronto is definitely more than 9.1 million in Tampa with the extra money he can make here. He'd instantly be the face of the franchise and likely be the most popular and I wouldn't be surprised to see him plastered all over.
Taxes are a lot less in Tampa though.

Sign for huge $ in Canada, way over previous market value because of currency and tax.

Wait for Canadian dollar to rebound once the oil supplies are constrained again.

Profit.

Tabris

Sign for huge $ in Canada, way over previous market value because of currency and tax.

Wait for Canadian dollar to rebound once the oil supplies are constrained again.

Profit.

How would he profit then? They get paid in USD. He would lose money when Canadian dollar rebounded back to parity.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zuccarello-Brassard-Fast
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Paille

McIlrath still scratched. What exactly does Boyle (you know, the guy who has played something like 24 straight games who we were supposed to be having take frequent rests) have to do to be taken out of the lineup if quitting on a play that leads to a goal doesn't do it?

Also:
Staring Contest with Henrik Lundqvist

EDIT: Oh, ok, this explains it. This will be Dan Boyle's final regular season game in his hometown of Ottawa, given that he's mentioned retiring after this season numerous times. Alright, I'll let this one slide, AV.

zroid

Banned
Brown scored again and it's 4-0 :lol

Utica changed goalies

edit: apparently Percy took a head shot and he's slow to get up :\ fuck

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
All Senators in this period until the last 3 minutes when the Rangers got a power play and started getting going. Had been a pretty dominating performance by Ottawa up to that point.

Still 0-0, though.

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure what happened, but got damn this London/Sarnia game got out of hand. Players are brawling all over the ice and they're so salty that some are punching the referees standing between them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Second period was much better for the Rangers, but they give up a messy goal to Bobby Ryan with under 20 seconds to go.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This game has been so easy for Anderson.

EDIT: Pageau won't get many easier shorthanded goals than that one. That puts this one away.

Top Bottom