• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

zroid

Banned
I wonder what's the most current and former captains of a team that have ever been on its roster at the same time

the Shorks' 3 has to be up there

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Arizona is even worse at handegg than hockey

I had to look up the score to see what you meant.

So the Broncos and Panthers in the SuperBore.

tumblr_l2ys14gJQP1qc073co1_r2_400.gif

Would the new X-Files be good for me to watch if I never saw the original series? Or should I watch the original then the new series?

Also speaking of old shows being revived I hope the new Twin Peaks is good.. Please Please Please

calder

That X-Flies Episode wasn't great... Hoo boy

Haven't watched it yet (thanks Fox, you assholes, for starting it late) as I'll have to download it, but I am expecting this based on most TV critic chatter.

Daniel Fienberg
@TheFienPrint
So the first half of the “X-File” resurrection goes Ep1: Awful, Ep2: Bit Better Than Ep1, Ep3: Genuinely Good. #TheXFiles

I thought it was fine. Covered all the bases, reestablished the characters. Felt like a typical pilot episode.

Yeah, I guess but something about it didn't gel.

Damn I still think of Scully as Hannibal's Psychologist in Hannibal.

I heard Joel McHale was an Alex Jones parody?

It was Hilarious.

You idiots at Fox brought back the wrong show. Should've been Millennium instead or at least bring The Main Character back for an episode

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
They got too much fringe in my X-files. WTF was with the constant jump cuts too? Is all modern TV like that? It was hard to watch at some points. Like during their conspiracy rants. It's something I'd expect from a youtube crazy person not a professional production.

They got too much fringe in my X-files. WTF was with the constant jump cuts too? Is all modern TV like that? It was hard to watch at some points. Like during their conspiracy rants. It's something I'd expect from a youtube crazy person not a professional production.

Family Guy is to blame even if it's not. (I haven't seen the episode.)

Socreges

Banned
Speaking of X-Files...

I've been tempted to get into the original series. Watched the rare episode on occasion back in the day, but never really got into it. I've seen the Simpsons X-Files episode more often. Does the show hold up? Are there seasons I should skip? Should I just watch select episodes or are there enough continuous storylines (ie, that connect the episodes together) that I'd have to watch them consecutively to really appreciate what's going on?

I just started the series after seeing maybe 8-10 eps back in the 90s (and the movie). So far I'm in the middle of season 2 and I'd say the best moments are in the 'monster of the week' eps. The overarching story ones feel particularly dated and weak. So I'd pick and choose based upon the descriptions. One of my faves is the logging-camp one.

iLLmAtlc

sorry i have to rant about school. i have to take a mandatory philosophy course and a fellow named joseph raz is probably the worst writer i've ever seen.

If anything has value then things can exist which are of value in themselves. For it is of the nature of whatever is of value but not valuable in itself that its value presupposes that it can be good for, or of value to, something else, and ultimately to what is of value in itself.

ZUsMKN5.gif

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of X-Files...

I've been tempted to get into the original series. Watched the rare episode on occasion back in the day, but never really got into it. I've seen the Simpsons X-Files episode more often. Does the show hold up? Are there seasons I should skip? Should I just watch select episodes or are there enough continuous storylines (ie, that connect the episodes together) that I'd have to watch them consecutively to really appreciate what's going on?

It absolutely holds up. There's an overarching alien conspiracy plot(mytharc) that sort of ends in season 6 then other stuff gets added on to it. Some ppl say to skip seasons 8 and/or 9 but see how it goes if you get that far. The show changes a bit in s6 with the move to LA and s7 is mixed and Mulder is gone for most of season 8 & 9 but overall it's still one of the best shows ever.

sorry i have to rant about school. i have to take a mandatory philosophy course and a fellow named joseph raz is probably the worst writer i've ever seen.

ZUsMKN5.gif

:lol I love philosophy but a lot of the time I just find myself rolling my eyes. Especially towards students in said classes...

Socreges

Banned
You need a team to be invested in before you can really get into the game. At least that's how it was with me.
Yeah. And with sports generally. I don't necessarily need a team with football but I need to pick a side to really get invested.

That said, if the game isn't competitive and if there's no tension, I don't find it to be a good spectator sport at all.

Marvie_3

Banned
You need a team to be invested in before you can really get into the game. At least that's how it was with me.
Im just the opposite with baseball now. I dont care about any particular team anymore. It actually makes me like watching baseball more when I can just watch whichever game I want and not care about who wins.

imBask

Banned
Greatest Scam in Kickstarter History.

Like I feel there's something going on behind the scenes with this game and when it comes out it won't be the game we wanted

Kickstarter is a decent idea, but vultures are always on point when it comes to scams. Hit nostalgia on the head with a nice video presentation -> collect money -> buy an island

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kickstarter is a decent idea, but vultures are always on point when it comes to scams. Hit nostalgia on the head with a nice video presentation -> collect money -> buy an island

Kickstarter is a brilliant idea for fleecing financial illiterates. All of these companies are now getting their seed money without giving up anything at all in return. It's basically a massive Shark Tank pitch, except instead of trading operating cash for equity, people are trading it just for the ability to purchase the product itself. Brilliant.

imBask

Banned
Kickstarter is a brilliant idea for fleecing financial illiterates. All of these companies are now getting their seed money without giving up anything at all in return. It's basically a massive Shark Tank pitch, except instead of trading operating cash for equity, people are trading it just for the ability to purchase the product itself. Brilliant.

tVBA15y.gif

O'leary would be proud

Yep. I will never back anything on kickstarter. If a game comes out and it is good, and there have obviously been some successes, I will buy it but I feel like it is rare for a kickstarted game to come out and actually meets expectations

Top Bottom