• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Alucard

Banned
This team has gone to the Shitter.

Wish I could find my post from October/November talking about this scenario. Habs fans in Montreal were all puffing out their chests then...wondered what the reaction would be once they lost a few in a row or had to go through a rough patch. Most in here seem level-headed about it at least.

Booing Subban? Jeez.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did I read right? Habs fans booed Subban tonight? @_@

I didn't hear anything when I was watching that was specifically directed at him. I know they booed when they couldn't enter the offensive zone on the power play and he happened to have the puck at that point.

They didn't boo when he assisted on AGally's goal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wish I could find my post from October/November talking about this scenario. Habs fans in Montreal were all puffing out their chests then...wondered what the reaction would be once they lost a few in a row or had to go through a rough patch. Most in here seem level-headed about it at least.

Booing Subban? Jeez.

Best team of the last 40 years, go back to your fucking closet

Galchenyuk, I think is coming out of his shell. He finally found his confidence and it's showing.

have-a-pint-wait-for-it-to-all-blow-over-sean-of-the-dead-1381534834C.gif

Helps having a winger that can make plays and has the speed to keep up with him. I'm expecting Andrighetto to stay and Eller to be shipped out for a left winger now.

he was dynamite, positioned himself where he needed to be, had a nose for the net, and finished. In one week he jumped from like 12th in team scoring to 5th, and he'll leapfrog Gallagher and Subban any day.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I welcome all Leaf gloating. It's karma.

And for the record, Ghetto should never have been sent down.

Red_Man

Apparently this new goalie is total shit.

I bet Pickard is total shit tomorrow and we lose that worse than this one.
We lost to the 3rd string goalie of the worst team in the league. Twice. On back to back nights.

We can't be beat at sucking, begun the tank wars have.

Yawnier

Banned
I can't believe Granberg is playing

Do the Perds seriously not have anyone better they can call up?

Shitty former Leaf stay-at-home defensemen Korbinian Holzer and Petter Granberg are both going to tear up the NHL

Better watch out, western conference

Red_Man

“In P.K.’s case, he needs to concentrate a bit more on not giving the puck away like he did on the third and fourth goal against,” said Therrien in French. “Those are plays you expect your No. 1 defenceman to execute.

“We have to move the puck a lot quicker. I think our defencemen — they know.”
When is the last time a coach who has 5 wins in his last 24 games called out his best player and still kept his job? Unreal.

A part of me would love to see Winnipeg all of a sudden go on a huge hot streak and make the playoffs. Though at this point we're probably better off just tanking for the rest of the season and hope the Jets get their shit together and that the Central division isn't as strong next year. So that said uh... dammit, we won.

Apparently we got a goalie controversy brewing for real in Philly. As of now it is pure speculation but I guess we will find out here pretty soon.

iLLmAtlc

Do you guys use ear buds in public?

It's been a while for me and I forgot how awful it was. I couldn't hear anything without turning it up to 20-40% and my ears hurt after. It wasn't even a loud place either, just a quiet study area with little talking.

I'll stick to listening at home with over the ear headphones. Better sound quality too.

It's been a while for me and I forgot how awful it was. I couldn't hear anything without turning it up to 20-40% and my ears hurt after. It wasn't even a loud place either, just a quiet study area with little talking.

I'll stick to listening at home with over the ear headphones. Better sound quality too.

I just bought a pair of cheapish ones to use with my work laptop. Tried them out with my tablet and :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

The good thing is I don't have to have them too loud - my work is fairly quiet most of the time.

I don't really like using over the ear ones (outside of home) so hopefully I get used to these.

Line_HTX

When is the last time a coach who has 5 wins in his last 24 games called out his best player and still kept his job? Unreal.

I don't understand how there isn't an outcry to oust him. Like seriously, what is preventing management from firing him?

Apparently we got a goalie controversy brewing for real in Philly. As of now it is pure speculation but I guess we will find out here pretty soon.

The controversy will boil over in full display tomorrow night, heh heh heh...

Yeah. I use them a ton.

When I walk from class to class or waiting for class to begin or if I am at the library or something. I guess I have gotten used to it but I have some great in ears I use on campus and have Sennheisers at home.

There are also sound proof in ears. I used to use a really cheap pair of sony in ears that blocked sound worked well. I mean the in-ears I have now are better but they still don't compare to mine at home. But I would rather not walk around with my nice over the ear ones out in public.

The controversy will boil over in full display tomorrow night, heh heh heh...

Honesly with what I am hearing/reading that very well may be true.

Or of course it could just being the media being... well the media.

zroid

Banned
I don't understand how there isn't an outcry to oust him. Like seriously, what is preventing management from firing him?

Regardless of what Bergevin said I think he has seriously considered it. If I had to guess, they just don't think there's a suitable replacement right now. I feel that if the Habs miss the playoffs or flame out in the first round, Guy Boucher is getting a phone call.

Top Bottom