• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Man, fucking cancer... My dog has not received chemotherapy in quite a while and everything was going so so damn right...until today when I noticed her ganglions are (greatly) Inflamed again...

Fuck

Sorry about your dog Pikma. Hoping that she pulls though.

CZ0sYM_WEAE1KWN.jpg

Did they actually photoshop out the Yotes logos lol

ZeroGravity

What a fucking joke. The players should all boycott the all star game so it gets permanently cancelled and we never have to deal with this waste of time anymore.
I've always been a fan of the all-star game but even my patience with it has run dry. Changing the format AGAIN this year, coupled with the whole John Scott fiasco, did away with my last ounce of care.

The worst thing is the NHL will likely double down next year and start suspending players multiple games for skipping it.

Merguson

Banned
The players are allowed to skip participating in All-Star events if they show up at the weekend but not participate in it.

Since they aren't going to the All-Star events at all, they get suspended.

Quick

Banned
So ... How does the league not suspend Wideman for that?

Craig Button broke it down before he choked on his own breathing on That's Hockey Tonight, saying that since there was no penalty called against Wideman on the hit, the issue wasn't escalated.

But yeah, that would generally be an automatic 10-game suspension.

Foggy

I used to like listening to Marek v Wyshynski but they've become insufferable. One time Wyshynski went on this absurd tirade about some hockey show sucks because the producer whose show was getting cancelled had bailed on the interview. Some real petulant shit. And now their bullshit with John Scott sealed it.

So ... How does the league not suspend Wideman for that?

I think there are two options:

1. Wideman was concussed and didn't see the linesmen. His punishment could be more lenient, but then eyes turn towards the Flames medical and coaching staff, and the concussion spotters. Wideman wasn't taken to a quiet room and stayed on the bench.
2. Wideman knew exactly what he was doing and the league should throw the book at him. But then the PA could appeal by arguing concussion, and we'd get #1 again.

23qwerty

lol that famous person went to your high school thread. the only one I know of is Glen Metropolit. Dude was fast as hell in NHL 11 or whatever.

If the Avs actually held the puck in the offensive zone they would destroy teams. That'd be too easy though, they have to make everything difficult.

Chris R

If the Avs actually held the puck in the offensive zone they would destroy teams. That'd be too easy though, they have to make everything difficult.

Getting the puck into the offensive zone without turning it over seems to be the current challenge.

Hopefully Roy has the team doing passing drills during the break...

Getting the puck into the offensive zone without turning it over seems to be the current challenge.

Hopefully Roy has the team doing passing drills during the break...

That and breaking out of the defensive zone, which was a lot better with Bigras and Z, imagine having Barrie Bigras, Johnson and Zadorov all at once next season.

zroid

Banned
The only hockey player I know went to my high school is Jeff Skinner

there's probably others since it's old af, been around since the 50s I think

Top Bottom