• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Toronto Blue Jays Spring Training hat:

CZ0wU-WWAAAWrDl.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
I have legit no hope with this franchise anymore. Legit emo about it now. I got nothing to look forward to for this franchise anymore. All I see is more of the same for the next 5 years until we lose Norrisson. 😕

I have legit no hope with this franchise anymore. Legit emo about it now. I got nothing to look forward to for this franchise anymore. All I see is more of the same for the next 5 years until we lose Norrisson. 😕

You still have The Hamburgler and Curtis Lazar

Not all Hope is lost.

Or maybe you guys will get lucky at the draft.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

me want

HE'S THEEEERE

Still hope he scores and rips open his short to reveal an IceCaps jersey.

ALSO that Scott Player's tribune article is fucking fantastic. He missed his first call-up because he forgot his passport and they wouldn't let him board the plane. lol. That's just... wow.

ZeroGravity

From Bob McKenzie's coach's poll:
Here are the results of the poll:

Projected Stanley Cup Finalists
EAST: Washington 25 votes; Tampa Bay 2 votes
Amazing that there are two coaches who think we can get to the final again after the season the Lightning have had so far. The east is garbage.

Quick

Banned
What's the best solution for me if I have two 3.5" drives that I want to use as external storage?

I initially thought about getting two external enclosures, but now I'm wondering if there are better options.

zroid

Banned
What's the best solution for me if I have two 3.5" drives that I want to use as external storage?

I initially thought about getting two external enclosures, but now I'm wondering if there are better options.

Well if you don't need to use both at the same time, you could get a dock. I have like 4 drives which I interchange as needed on my dock.

alternatively you could get an enclosure that supports multiple drives in an array

Quick

Banned
Scouts for tonight's game:

CZ2s-r9UAAA_fEs.jpg

Well if you don't need to use both at the same time, you could get a dock. I have like 4 drives which I interchange as needed on my dock.

alternatively you could get an enclosure that supports multiple drives in an array

A dock might be a good idea. I have another external drive that I was thinking of taking out of its case and use with a dock.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
...what are you afraid of?
Not sure how anyone is going to find out who you are based on a high school name alone
It's not that alone, I just don't post any personal info online. Especially after seeing what lengths some of the weird people that post on this forum go to, to find out someones personal information. Don't need Gaf zeroing in on my location once I do my account suicide thread.

fpaqCZM.png

the search for that elusive top 6 forward continues
He said in an interview he felt the Hawks style of play fit him more. Therrien strikes again.

Hey fellas, I got a general non-hockey related question for you.

In weddings you all have been to, how common is it for the wedding party to pay for lodging/hotels/whatever for all guests?

I'm getting married in August and a friend of mine is having a fit that he has to pay for his own place. After I had a place arranged for him to stay for free, that he refused. This is our first argument in years and the entitlement he is feeling is quite frankly pissing me off. He claims it is incredibly common and is the norm. I've never even heard of a wedding that included hotels for everybody.

zroid

Banned

In weddings you all have been to, how common is it for the wedding party to pay for lodging/hotels/whatever for all guests?

I'm getting married in August and a friend of mine is having a fit that he has to pay for his own place. After I had a place arranged for him to stay for free, that he refused. This is our first argument in years and the entitlement he is feeling is quite frankly pissing me off. He claims it is incredibly common and is the norm. I've never even heard of a wedding that included hotels for everybody.

I have been to a few weddings where they pay for lodging, but it's definitely not the "norm". Norm for wealthy people, maybe. :lol

My brother and his wife paid for all the groomsmen and bridesmaids arrangements when they got married.

But there isn't really a set rule. I think if you let them know ahead of time it shouldn't be a problem.

wait are you talking about the wedding party as in bridesmaids/groomsmen or everyone invited? If it is everyone invited then Smelly has got it right

For all guests? That's crazy.

At most they should pay for the wedding party as they were chosen for the role. Maybe pay for close family if they're coming from far. even that's a stretch, weddings are expensive and most people realize you're spending money already on the landing, venue, decor, food, drinks, etc.

For weddings I usually go to, people that come from far don't even have to bring a gift/money because they know the trip was a large expense.

Read the John Scott article, really good read. Going to root for him now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

What I personally have had the most common is that bride&groom will make an arrangement with the hotel to have x rooms reserved at a cheaper price that every guest can then book. But not paid for by the wedding couple.

Fubes:

1) Congratulations! I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary, and it's been a fantastic experience.

2) For my wedding there was a 'preferred' rate offered to all guests. That seems to be the norm at least as far as my experience goes; the paid for rooms have only been a feature of remote/destination weddings, where guests would have to spend a lot just to attend.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone else playing The Division Beta? So good. This is everything I've wanted from a next gen game.

Thanks Quick <3

Top Bottom