• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

I have been to a few weddings where they pay for lodging, but it's definitely not the "norm". Norm for wealthy people, maybe. :lol

See that's what I thought. We definitely aren't wealthy. I joke a lot about my sugar momma fiancee, but I mean the entire budget for our wedding is like $3000 or so. Some weddings spend more on that on the bride's dress.

My brother and his wife paid for all the groomsmen and bridesmaids arrangements when they got married.

But there isn't really a set rule. I think if you let them know ahead of time it shouldn't be a problem.

wait are you talking about the wedding party as in bridesmaids/groomsmen or everyone invited? If it is everyone invited then Smelly has got it right

I was planning on paying for at least my best man and the guy I'm having preside over the wedding, who is a friend who is ordained or whatever. I might not have the upfront cash but I was at least planning on reimbursing them for everything.

I've only been to one but AFAIK the bride/groom didn't pay for anyone.

Good to know I'm not entirely crazy.

For all guests? That's crazy.

At most they should pay for the wedding party as they were chosen for the role. Maybe pay for close family if they're coming from far. even that's a stretch, weddings are expensive and most people realize you're spending money already on the landing, venue, decor, food, drinks, etc.

For weddings I usually go to, people that come from far don't even have to bring a gift/money because they know the trip was a large expense.

This is a good idea. I'll probably float this to most people. The issue I have is that my entire side of the family is driving 6 hours at best, flying for 6 hours at worst. For hers they are either in town or have to drive 6 hours.

We're at a shitty balance between a close wedding and a destination wedding. Kind of frustrating. But the place is beautiful and we both love it.

What I personally have had the most common is that bride&groom will make an arrangement with the hotel to have x rooms reserved at a cheaper price that every guest can then book. But not paid for by the wedding couple.

I probably should have said, for him and many others, they have to drive ~7 hours or so to get there. No flights or anything like that. I am planning on hitting up one of the three hotels in town to try and get a nice rate, but I'm not sure how discounted that will be. There are a few houses available for rent that come out to about $30 a person or so, but apparently that is still an issue. For two nights.

Fubes:

1) Congratulations! I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary, and it's been a fantastic experience.

2) For my wedding there was a 'preferred' rate offered to all guests. That seems to be the norm at least as far as my experience goes; the paid for rooms have only been a feature of remote/destination weddings, where guests would have to spend a lot just to attend.

Thanks for the congratulations guys. I appreciate it.

My fiancee is handling pretty much everything and I'm supposed to handle where everybody is staying and making sure everybody is comfortable, and my one job is a whole lot harder than it should be :lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey fellas, I got a general non-hockey related question for you.

In weddings you all have been to, how common is it for the wedding party to pay for lodging/hotels/whatever for all guests?

I'm getting married in August and a friend of mine is having a fit that he has to pay for his own place. After I had a place arranged for him to stay for free, that he refused. This is our first argument in years and the entitlement he is feeling is quite frankly pissing me off. He claims it is incredibly common and is the norm. I've never even heard of a wedding that included hotels for everybody.

I've never heard of this ever happening. If a friend suggested that to me I'd tell them to eat shit.

What does happen a lot is that the people throwing the wedding will get a deal on rooms through a hotel, and let guests pay less due to the fact that a lot of rooms are going to be booked together. That's nowhere near the same thing.

CZ3Hv8AWIAAU6Gt.jpg

6bl4fZU.gif

Samyy

In weddings you all have been to, how common is it for the wedding party to pay for lodging/hotels/whatever for all guests?

I'm getting married in August and a friend of mine is having a fit that he has to pay for his own place. After I had a place arranged for him to stay for free, that he refused. This is our first argument in years and the entitlement he is feeling is quite frankly pissing me off. He claims it is incredibly common and is the norm. I've never even heard of a wedding that included hotels for everybody.

When my cousin got married his bride was from a very wealthy family and they put the entire wedding party up in an amazing five star hotel, but that was obviously because they're rich as hell, it's definitely not the norm.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Didnt even realize it was Fubar himself

CONGRATZ ON THE NO MORE SEX

Or so.

Naaaaah. Is GAF invited? I'll fly out! :p

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

For all guests? No, unless you are incredibly wealthy. Other than that, you could see if th hotel would offer a discounted rate for wedding guests.

Pikma

Banned
Please tell me you're joking

If that's real this is even more amazing than the actual wiki article
That edit was real lol, it didn't show up as an edit because I did like half a minute after I posted it, as soon as I scrolled up to read the rest of the posts.

There's no one on the whole internet as fucking delusional about his team as King Broly :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
That edit was real lol, it didn't show up as an edit because I did like half a minute after I posted it, as soon as I scrolled up to read the rest of the posts.

There's no one on the whole internet as fucking delusional about his team as King Broly :lol
Except that one guy......

imBask

Banned
We should give him one more run. Why Not? He might be able to help Galchenyuk. I've always liked Kovalev. The dude still has that amazing skill, I've watched him in the Legends Winter Classic. He looked like he could still play another season. Same with Jose Theodore.

because he's an old fart, and Galchenyuk already has the "Kovalev streak" disease, bringing him back wouldn't help him get rid of it

:(

in the league's defence, apparently it was the PA who lobbied to ditch that. word is the players all hated it.

I thought it was a cooperative thing between PA leadership and the NHL, who didn't like the public seeing all their stars piss drunk. Players, aside from whoever got picked last, liked it I thought?

Which, btw, is bullshit. They are making millions of dollars and have the knowledge that they are in the top 1% of the world in their profession. Get picked last suck it up.

Futureman

Just saw the Wideman cross-checking the ref... looked totally intentional to me. The hit he took prior to him hitting the ref didn't look that bad at ALL, at least not enough where he wouldn't know what was going on.

He wasn't even ejected from the game after cross checking the ref? Is there a different angle of the hit Wideman took?

zroid

Banned
I thought it was a cooperative thing between PA leadership and the NHL, who didn't like the public seeing all their stars piss drunk. Players, aside from whoever got picked last, liked it I thought?

Which, btw, is bullshit. They are making millions of dollars and have the knowledge that they are in the top 1% of the world in their profession. Get picked last suck it up.

From what I heard, the players just didn't like having to be entertainers, since for most of them it's a lot of pressure. I'd be surprised if getting picked last was actually a big issue, seems kind of petty.

Top Bottom