• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

krae_man

Just saw the Wideman cross-checking the ref... looked totally intentional to me. The hit he took prior to him hitting the ref didn't look that bad at ALL, at least not enough where he wouldn't know what was going on.

He wasn't even ejected from the game after cross checking the ref? Is there a different angle of the hit Wideman took?

Well he could have been concussed before the game started for all we know.

Looked like some combination of he was concussed and didn't know what he was doing and he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, saw a body in front of him and decided to hit it instead of avoiding the collision or figuring out who it was in front of him before deciding what to do.

The no ejection is baffling.

ColdPizza

Banned
it's probably the least crazy conspiracy, Bergevin said "he couldn't tell us why he had to make that trade" and that article he wrote is pretty much saying that too

Yah, just a sad and infuriating situation all around. I hope his mates set him up for 10+ goals or something.

imBask

Banned
so who's making the February thread?

here's my suggestions:

NHL February 2016 |OT| Ow Canada
NHL February 2016 |OT| Habs sells, but who's buying
NHL February 2016 |OT| I wanna get off Yzerman's wild ride

so who's making the February thread?

here's my suggestions:

NHL February 2016 |OT| Ow Canada
NHL February 2016 |OT| Habs sells, but who's buying
NHL February 2016 |OT| I wanna get off Yzerman's wild ride

NHL February 2016 |OT| The Montreal Canadiens are the most disappointing thing since my Son.

Or NHL February 2016 |OT| Fuck You its Habruary

Cake Boss

Banned
NHL February 2016 |OT| He hit my ref! I demand vengeance. I want vengeance.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Play like poo for Mathew

NHL February 2016 |OT| Best thread since the 1990s threads.

RC

Banned
NHL February 2016 |OT| It was a tank all along
NHL February 2016 |OT| John Scott appreciation month
NHL February 2016 |OT| Hab-itual dissapointment

Line_HTX

So the League suspended Wideman indefinitely until their hearings, but have they said anything about what they might do to Lucic who punched a ref in the mouth?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So the League suspended Wideman indefinitely until their hearings, but have they said anything about what they might do to Lucic who punched a ref in the mouth?

If they suspended Lucic every time he randomly punched something he'd never get a chance to play again.

Update on the Varlamov case http://bsndenver.com/star-studded-t...explosive-day-in-semyon-varlamov-civil-trial/

Senova’s testimony began by saying she initially met Vavrinyuk on October 28, 2013 as she had received a text from Vavrinyuk seeking Senova’s services for makeup. Senova arrived at the apartment shared by Vavrinyuk and Varlamov, who were both present at the time along with a third person, Jay Khaletsky, at approximately 5:00 p.m. and was there approximately one hour as she did Vavrinyuk’s makeup. Senova then departed for the evening.

Vavrinyuk would then call Senova the next afternoon, telling her she been beaten up and, in a second phone call a few hours later, stated she had been thrown out by Varlamov and needed a place to go. Senova went to pick her up, took her to her Abrams’ law office to consult with Abrams about what to do. Vavrinyuk told Abrams the story and then signed a contract with Abrams stating she intended to sue Varlamo. According to Senova, Vavrinyuk explicitly stated she wanted to sue Varlamov, a contradiction to her own testimony.

Vavrinyuk then accompanied Senova back to her house, which she shared with Abrams, and began her approximate one month stay with the couple. When they began discussing going to the police on October 30, Vavrinyuk initially told Senova she had hit Varlamov first, to which Senova advised Vavrinyuk not to tell police that part. She would also confirm portions of Varlamov’s version of events, such as her initiating physical contact, her chasing him through the kitchen, and Varlamov locking himself in the second bedroom to get away from her.

In another contradiction to Vavrinyuk’s testimony, Senova testified Vavrinyuk was not hesitant to do media interviews and, due to having no money of her own, was very eager to receive payment for the appearances. In conversations about Varlamov, Senova says Vavrinyuk told her she was interested in receiving “a couple million bucks” and wanted to see him put in jail because “he was horrible.”

Senova said she quickly began questioning Vavrinyuk’s motives and character as Vavrinyuk settled into living with Senova and Abrams and began partying regularly, staying out until as late as 4 a.m. and drinking large amounts of wine while at the house.

Feeling weary of her house guest, Senova went to police in early December to talk to the District Attorney and tell the truth about everything she had seen and heard. Senova initially called the district attorney on December 6, 2013, to “unburden her soul”, met with the DA in person on December 10, and the case was summarily dismissed on December 13.

Senova was dismissed and Yevgeniy “Jay” Khaletskiy, a masseuse who occasionally helped the Avalanche with player massages during busy times, was called to the stand as the final witness of the day. Up to this point, Khaletskiy has only been referred to as “Jay the masseuse” on numerous occasions.

The beginning of Khaletskiy’s testimony focuses on a series of Avalanche games he attended and brought wine to Vavrinyuk in the days leading up to the incident on the morning of October 29, 2013. During the second of these games, on October 27, Vavrinyuk struck up a conversation with Khaletskiy in which she asked him to talk to Varlamov about how women behave while on their periods. Khaletskiy agreed, and later drove Vavrinyuk home from the game. During that drive, Vavrinyuk expressed frustration to Khaletskiy about her relationship with Varlamov, going so far as to say she could do things that would make Varlamov “not a star”.

Khaletskiy’s story about the conversation with Vavrinyuk about women’s behavior while on their periods was something he had told Patrick Roy shortly after learning of the criminal charges filed against Varlamov. Roy had mentioned this same story in his testimony earlier in the day.

Khaletskiy then went on to reveal that in February of 2013, Varlamov had terminated the relationship with Vavrinyuk, sending her back to Russia. The night Varlamov ended things, Vavrinyuk had dinner with Khaletskiy and his family and talked at length about her complicated relationship with Varlamov, adding she wished to get revenge on Varlamov, saying “I’m going to ruin his life.”

CZ6Ix4sXEAAsZlC.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Good, they should have teamed up with a local brewery like Kitchissippi for maximum localness, Bran Morray would have had a heart attack.

Top Bottom