• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Yawnier

Banned
The Marlies are on fire, holy shit.
They're like the Anti-Laffs. They have one of the best records in all of professional hockey iirc
I saw the Leafs rebrand mentioned earlier, and wanted to comment.

While I'm excited to see what they do, I'm also worried. I love the Leafs' jerseys as is, and don't think that they need to change. In fact, I still want to buy all 3 of them at some point. But $200 a piece is a lot of money for jerseys I'll be too afraid to wear and will leave in a closet.

Maybe with the rebrand, these jerseys will go on clearance, but then they'll be outdated.
I'm not expecting a major jersey change tbh. The changes they make are probably gonna be fairly conservative while giving a throwback (in a few ways) to the old jerseys
Damn, it's been forever since I've seen that. This one is another good mystery, and the 2nd season is so worth all the answers.

I got up to episode 22 of higurashi last night. I didn't think it would be as gory and disturbing as it was lol. Holy shit

They're like the Anti-Laffs. They have one of the best records in all of professional hockey iirc

Myrtle keeps saying they're going to end up having the best record in AHL history.

Can we just take a quick second and appreciate how much our prospect pool has improved in the last calendar year?

division beta update. got to level 7, took a group of 4 into the dark zone, looted a bunchve shit, extracted it on a helicopter. Another group shows up as we are leaving, asking if we're cool. We say yes. A group of rogues is heading our way and we offer to help kill them for the new groups extraction. We kill the rogues. 10 seconds until helicopter, we turn and kill the guys we defended. extract their stuff

good times

Yawnier

Banned
Myrtle keeps saying they're going to end up having the best record in AHL history.

Can we just take a quick second and appreciate how much our prospect pool has improved in the last calendar year?

Here is more: They also reached 70 points in the standings before any other team in the AHL reached 60 points, while being one of the youngest teams in the league

I don't give all 100% of the credit to Kyle Dubas for turning the marlies around, but I give a lot of it to him.

imBask

Banned
Have you been playing the beta?

nah, watched a whole bunch of it, it really looks like a better version of Destiny... but you know, Ubisoft. That beta might be like 50% of what that game is for all we know

Oh shit, the new Leafs logo is going to be unveiled on TUESDAY!

Nordiques%20jersey.jpg

division beta update. got to level 7, took a group of 4 into the dark zone, looted a bunchve shit, extracted it on a helicopter. Another group shows up as we are leaving, asking if we're cool. We say yes. A group of rogues is heading our way and we offer to help kill them for the new groups extraction. We kill the rogues. 10 seconds until helicopter, we turn and kill the guys we defended. extract their stuff

good times

:lol you dicks

I can see a lot of rage quitting from people though. Man I like the cutthroatness of it but I feel like if you aren't gonna be there from the beginning you are gonna be screwed kind of thing.

:lol you dicks

I can see a lot of rage quitting from people though. Man I like the cutthroatness of it but I feel like if you aren't gonna be there from the beginning you are gonna be screwed kind of thing.
the game is level based, so I think u will actually be ok starting late. I think a level 20 cant go and gank level 5's, or even if they could there is no reason to because u are just stealing level 5 gear

Cake Boss

Banned

good times

Do you have an extra code? Really want to try this.

zroid

Banned
Apparently PK Subban was the only redeeming thing about whatever the fuck the NHL did last night to "replace" the fantasy draft

sounds about right

the game is level based, so I think u will actually be ok starting late. I think a level 20 cant go and gank level 5's, or even if they could there is no reason to because u are just stealing level 5 gear

If that is the case then that would be great. Since I will be one of those later adopters more than likely. But overall I am glad to hear the game is fun

How big is the map in the beta?

good times

That is such a dick move.

I am excite for this game.

Quick

Banned
Oh shit, the new Leafs logo is going to be unveiled on TUESDAY!

I'm excited and nervous for this. It's really a good time to introduce a new logo, with the 100th anniversary and all, but the current logo set is perfect.

But I can understand wanting to completely bury the Ballard era and the stink that's clung onto the logo afterwards with all the failures of the franchise.

With the team making a legitimate effort into a rebuild, I hope a new logo brings some good luck. It'll definitely bring in more money though. :lol

Sportslogos has a screencap from The Leaf: Blueprint Episode 5 teaser:

leafs-tease.jpg

Arched "Toronto" wordmark is a good start so far.

Quick

Banned
On The Division beta: Glad some of you guys are in and seem to be having some fun. I couldn't get the website working when I gave out codes here, so I didn't get to register for it. But it's all good though.

Oh is that the new expansion team?

Torontwo Purple Leafs. Already copyrighted it.

Dater thinks we're going to trade Bigras for Drouin :looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Yeah I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't like the idea one bit. We need Bigras and Zadorov over Drouin, though our prospect pool for wingers is rather weak (Rantanen and no one else).

And don't even joke about trading Barrie for Drouin.

zroid

Banned
lol Bishop

"I think the goalies are getting bigger every year. You look at the guys coming up, they're all big guys," Bishop said. "It's not like you have these small goalies trying to look bigger; if anything, these bigger guys are trying to wear less and be more mobile. The game is evolving; everybody is getting bigger. I don't think the equipment is going to make that much of a difference over time."

So then, how to solve the problem of decreasing offense?

"I think if they want more goals, they're going to have to make the nets bigger," Bishop said. "I know nobody wants to do that, but I think that's the only real way to get the goals up."

Bigger nets? And a goalie said that?

"Well, he's a little bigger than the rest of us. He can say that," Holtby said, smiling, referring to the 6-7 Bishop.

"I would probably do whatever I could to not let that happen," Schneider said Friday regarding bigger nets. "Ben might fit pretty well though. He's a big guy, so he could probably still be just fine."

Top Bottom