• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Not a Kings fan, but he seems like a classic example of a player who tears up the CHL and AHL, but can't put it together in the big leagues.

He was never given a proper chance in the NHL. I hope he gets his shot in Philly. Hextall should be very familiar with him as he was assistant GM while Weal was coming up through the system.

zroid

Banned
Hopefully Weal gets a good opportunity in Philly, I always like to see fringey players on one team given a legit shot after being traded

Cake Boss

Banned
: According to Portzline's updated article, Jones could be part of trade discussions, along with Hartnell and Tyutin.

Seth Jones for Ray Jo?

Also apparently Poile was scheduled to do a radio interview but the assistant GM had to take it because apparently Poile was 'busy'

Flood gates could be open.

NEED MOAR TRADES

Quick

Banned
RayJo for Seth Jones ain't bad at all, if the CBJ/NSH discussions involve a massive deal.

It's incredible how Hextall has been able to somehow get rid of those contracts going to the Pronger one.

Hextall's got dirt on every GM in the league.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
RayJo for Seth Jones ain't bad at all, if the CBJ/NSH discussions involve a massive deal.

Hextall's got dirt on every GM in the league.
Or he slashed all of them...

I'd laugh if it was Jones for Drouin if it didn't work out.

But it does make a lot of sense for both. At this point, Weber will be there forever.

Quick

Banned
I'd be cool with the Stars getting a Cup, same with the Panthers.

Imagine a Finals of Stars vs. Panthers.

brb gonna bless this real quick.

Quick

Banned
He probably threatens to kick their ass

Also plausible. Hexkaku is real.

Or he slashed all of them...

I'd laugh if it was Jones for Drouin if it didn't work out.

But it does make a lot of sense for both. At this point, Weber will be there forever.

Weber's stuck in Nashville for the forseeable future. Not until he's 35 and maybe lost power and accuracy on his shot.

Jones could really thrive in Columbus or Tampa Bay.

What a strange trade for the Kings. Is Schenn going to slot into their Top-4? Lecavalier is depth. I thought they would go for someone bigger at the deadline but they didn't give up much. With the Pacific being terrible they're pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot anyway.

Muzzin-Doughty
Schenn-Martinez
McNabb-Ehrhoff

Jones for Johansen is risky for both teams, and Nashville is desperate enough to do it. I don't know what their window is like, but Rinne is 33 and Weber is 30.

Richards contract is good for both parties. Caps get some veteran centre depth and Richards gets a chance to revive his career on a contender.

Pikma

Banned
I'd be ok with a canadian team winning the cup as long as it's not the Flames, the Oilers, the Canucks, the Jets, the Sens nor the Yotes

Yawnier

Banned
What a strange trade for the Kings. Is Schenn going to slot into their Top-4? Lecavalier is depth. I thought they would go for someone bigger at the deadline but they didn't give up much. With the Pacific being terrible they're pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot anyway.

Muzzin-Doughty
Schenn-Martinez
McNabb-Ehrhoff

Jones for Johansen is risky for both teams, and Nashville is desperate enough to do it. I don't know what their window is like, but Rinne is 33 and Weber is 30.

Richards contract is good for both parties. Caps get some veteran centre depth and Richards gets a chance to revive his career on a contender.

Schenn is probably gonna play on the bottom pairing with Ehrhoff

Quick

Banned
I'd be ok with a canadian team winning the cup as long as it's not the Flames, the Oilers, the Canucks, the Jets, the Sens nor the Yotes

bd595c455d671ebc5f532e4e6cfc7600.gif

zroid

Banned
Since November, the Ducks and Leafs are two of the hotter teams in the league, 15-8-5 and 14-7-5 respectively

battle of the giants

Muzzin-Doughty
Schenn-Martinez
McNabb-Ehrhoff

I really think they want to get Martinez back on the left side, so a Martinez-Schenn pair could happen. Hopefully that means they put Muzzin back on the top pair and put McNabb on the third pair with Ehrhoff or McBain.

Foggy

Straight up? I don't even know. Nashville probably wins this one, assuming Joey isn't the guy everyone fears he could be.

Top Bottom