• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

zroid

Banned
Well Schenn is a pending UFA so retaining on him doesn't mean much and they were ready to buy out Vinny anyway. Trade is still good for Philly. They get an asset (3rd) out of nothing basically.

Cake Boss

Banned
The way that the Flyers saw it was retain 100% of their contracts and are in your press box or retain 50% and actually get something back and clear roster space.

Good trade for Flyers. Shitty for the Kings, you barely have any cap space and you spend it on Schenn and Lecalvier? The fuck are you doing?

Quick

Banned
Flyers retaining 50% of both contracts.

From

Best-Fresh-Prince-Bel-Air-Dancing-GIFs.gif

To

giphy.gif

The way that the Flyers saw it was retain 100% of their contracts and are in your press box or retain 50% and actually get something back and clear roster space.

Good trade for Flyers. Shitty for the Kings, you barely have any cap space and you spend it on Schenn and Lecalvier? The fuck are you doing?

Maybe the Kings are gonna trade someone at the deadline

Socreges

Banned
Yeah they retain salary but no cap hit. I doubt they're concerned.

Congrats, Flyers-GAF

BTW, why the fuck did they sign him to that contract in the first place?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m 1 minute ago

Sources say pending NHL approval, Mike Richards is expected to join the Washington Capitals. Told Richards has to meet with Bettman.
I guess today is the Kings invasion of the Metro division.

Merguson

Banned
Yeah they retain salary but no cap hit. I doubt they're concerned.

Congrats, Flyers-GAF

BTW, why the fuck did they sign him to that contract in the first place?

I'm pretty sure cap hit has to be retained as well.

Edit: with this retirement news I guess that doesn't matter

Quick

Banned
This fucking hour. Wow.

Vinny retiring...god damn. Didn't think I'd ever witness this day, just because of how young I always assume he is, but dude is already 35.

Schenn to LA for a fresh start, maybe. Not a bad d-core to join. Might still end up being a decent 2nd pairing.

Richards to the Caps ain't bad either, provided he's clean.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How the fuck do teams keep getting out of their awful contracts, but we can't trade Emelin who is occasionally a competent player?

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/929695

what, why

why him

what about captain floater or little david? why Flash
N13NBuc.png
N13NBuc.png
N13NBuc.png

Meanwhile fucking Desharnais continues to get by while only having like 2 points in the last 15 games while getting top line and top PP unit time. Garbage.

Top Bottom