• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

calder

PRONMAN
Johansen was the 13th ranked player in my top 25 U25 in September. Jones was 14th. Write ups on talent here

Damn straight up trades are so damn rare now, I don't even know how to process this.

eyeless

oly shit
GlassTepidAngwantibo.gif

I don't get why Flyer fans are excited about getting rid of the contracts. One was UFA and the other said he would retire. The real assets gained were a forward and a 3rd rounder for just holding onto some salary while the team sucks the rest of the year out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn

Makes sense for both sides, I love Jones. Interesting to see how Johansen responds the rest of this season.

Drouin needs to come home now that the Preds have their guy.

I don't get why Flyer fans are excited about getting rid of the contracts. One was UFA and the other said he would retire. The real assets gained were a forward and a 3rd rounder for just holding onto some salary while the team sucks the rest of the year out.

Because we have had so many horrid contracts from the Holmgren era and no good youth for the most part. Now we have great youth, seemingly solid goalies now, and cap space.

We haven't had any money to do much in the past now we can if we want. It makes us flexible finally.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sitting here waiting for Hateful Eight 70mm to start and see the Johansen-Jones trade. What the hell is going on today?!

Quick

Banned
Jesus fuck this day.

BJs and Perds straight up swapping players to fill their needs, not something you see too often.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any Habs fans complaining about not getting a guy like Johansen, who would we give up for him? Besides Subban who's non tradeable, we don't have a defensive asset like Jones. Sometimes the deals just aren't there.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Because of the cap space and there was no indication that Vinny was going to retire until the trade happened.

I believe that if he wasn't traded and retired the Flyers would be stuck with their retention. Since he's traded, that's no longer the case.

Because we have had so many horrid contracts from the Holmgren era and no good youth for the most part. Now we have great youth, seemingly solid goalies now, and cap space.

We haven't had any money to do much in the past now we can if we want. It makes us flexible finally.

I'm talking about the contracts themselves. That's what I see most fans focusing on - the fact those those contracts are gone when Vinny already said he was retiring.

Gaining a forward and third rounder for free* is the benefit of the move.

imBask

Banned
Any Habs fans complaining about not getting a guy like Johansen, who would we give up for him? Besides Subban who's non tradeable, we don't have a defensive asset like Jones. Sometimes the deals just aren't there.

check your avatar ;)

no but seriously, I just hate dumb PR, don't tell me that trades don't happen, they do

I'm talking about the contracts themselves. That's what I see most fans focusing on - the fact those those contracts are gone when Vinny already said he was retiring.

Gaining a forward and third rounder for free* is the benefit of the move.

Well Hextall loves his picks and I am interested to see how this Weal kid does for us. Hope he gets a shot.

Top Bottom