• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Foggy

I read something about Preds-Jackets trade rumors the other day but dismissed it because the site apparently isn't reliable. (I'm still new, I don't know where to look for that kinda stuff lol)

They claimed that the deal is top Preds D-Man+forward (Colin Wilson?) for Johansen+someone else.

Probably Atkinson or Hartnell. I'm going to drink a lot if they give up on Johansen.

Foggy

If you get Jones, I'd keep the stopper in that bottle. Of course Torts would misuse him anyway, so nevermind.

Even if Jones becomes a bona fide top D, I'd rather have a bona fide #1C, not all the "#1C" that the Cock Boss clutches to. Some very good defense in the pipeline but not center-wise. Besides, everyone knows Edmonton is getting Matthews.

I don't see Shea Going to Columbus. It's more likely Josi or Jones

I would never give up Josi or Jones. Josi is 25, Jones 21. They are the future (Weber is 30) of their blueline, and a stud defenceman is harder to come by than a scoring forward.

Johansen is 23 with a 33 goal season under his belt already, but is struggling this year with only 6 goals. He reminds me a bit of a healthier Evander Kane.

Even if Jones becomes a bona fide top D, I'd rather have a bona fide #1C, not all the "#1C" that the Cock Boss clutches to. Some very good defense in the pipeline but not center-wise. Besides, everyone knows Edmonton is getting Matthews.

It's a tough trade. I think Jones' shot at being a number one D is better than RyJo being unquestionable number one C. D men typically have more graceful aging curves too. He is RFA next year, so you could buy all of his prime years with an 8 year contract and he could peak in the mid to later years of the contract.

A Kings fan talking about bandwagon fans

WOW

Is sarcasm new to you?

zroid

Banned
CYEOFgTWMAARdEK.jpg:orig

Leafs players hogging the spotlight as usual

Samyy

This all makes sense to me.

Red = bad
Blue = good

The more red you have the worse you are, and the more blue you have the better!
So the Leafs have both the worst performing goalie based on that particular metric and the best hence zroids comment about Leafs players hogging the spotlight!

Oh and zroid is that looking at an average and the distribution from the average for each goalie?

Yawnier

Banned
The BJs and Torts need a defenseman that will block shots

Europeans like Josi and Ekholm won't do that. The BJs need a good ontario kid like Ryan Ellis to do it.

ZeroGravity

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Sounds as if LA and PHI have something done. Hearing Luke Schenn L.A. bound. Possibly Lecavalier too? Stay tuned.
Amazing if Philly somehow gets out of that contract.

EDIT: THEY DID

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Lecavalier and L Schenn to L.A. Further details to come.

Quick

Banned
I feel a kindred spirit with the Habs right now, in that we briefly shared the same number of losses, now they have more.

Bless this mess.

On another note: Firefox on my work computer isn't displaying Twitter images embedded on GAF. How do I fix this?

I wish I was at my computer so I could overload this with Flyers win gifs....

IN HEXTALL I TRUST

PRAISE BE!!

OUR HEXTALL, WHO ART IN LUXURY SUITES.

HALLOWED BE THY NAME

THY FLYERS COME, THY TRADES BE DONE

ON ICE AS IT IS DONE IN THE FRONT OFFICE

FORGIVE OUR DRUNKENNESS AND FORGIVE THOSE WHO ARE NOT DRUNKEN WITH US

LEAD US NOT INTO LOSING SEASONS BUT DELIVER US FROM THE PENGUINS

AMEN

fuck the rangers

Top Bottom