• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As of right now, I'd take Jones over Johansen, but I've always been a massive Jones fan.

zroid

Banned
Jones probably has a slightly higher ceiling than Johansen, but RyJo is already a proven stud C in this league and only 24. Even in this "down year" he's been pretty good, and he's been playing on a pretty bad team. With the D support he'll get in Nashville, I bet he bounces back fast. Plus if him being "lazy" was really an issue, usually getting traded to a contending team is a good motivator.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jones probably has a slightly higher ceiling than Johansen, but RyJo is already a proven stud C in this league and only 24. Even in this "down year" he's been pretty good, and he's been playing on a pretty bad team. With the D support he'll get in Nashville, I bet he bounces back fast. Plus if him being "lazy" was really an issue, usually getting traded to a contending team is a good motivator.
I prefer Jones, but Nashville does get exactly what they need and have the guys to replace Jones. About as good and even of a hockey trade as we'll ever see in today's NHL.

Jones and Murray could be something quite good.

Also, Columbus seems dead set on getting Matthews (see the Torts hire), so all is not lost, Foggy!

Socreges

Banned
gGYfmlo.png

Wow. Two surprising trades.

I didn't expect Seth Jones to be moved, nor did I expect Philly to just dump Luke Schenn.

Del Zotto has had a good year. Ghost Bear is now permanently up. Gudas probably earned a new contract with us so far. Streit is staying. We got something for a D man we weren't going to resign anyway.

We have great young Dmen coming. Provorov is not staying down next year.

iLLmAtlc

Don't think I like this trade for Columbus. Jones hasnt shown enough offence to justify giving up a potential franchise centre for.

One plus side there seemed to be a lot of turf burned between torts and the contract. Getting a player like Jones in that context isn't so bad.

Top Bottom