• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Wow, the Leafs are above .500. I guess it was inevitable given how they've been playing, but they've been better than projected which is both a blessing and a curse.

I love the impact Babcock has had, and it's a fun team to support, but I want that high draft pick and kind of hope they lose more than they win.

I hope that Kadri won't be suspended, though, more-so for future implications.

Solo

Habs ain't getting Drouin. They only have 6 NHL calibre assets (I'm excluding Plekanec due to age) that any team would be interested in (AGally, BGally, Subban, Price, Patches, Beaulieu), which just so happen to be the only 6 players they likely don't want to move. So you're either moving critical assets, or first round picks and prospects, and it's the same story there - the Habs have so few legit NHL calibre prospects that it's likely they don't want to deal them.

Throw in the division premium, and I can't see them getting Drouin without giving up way too much.

Don't misunderstand me. This here is a rescue mission. We'll be taking them to, oh, I don't know, maybe Seattle or something. Someplace safe.
if I win, id leave them in arizona, and just run the team better so I can make as many people as possible salty as fuck when arizona wins the cup

imBask

Banned
if I win, id leave them in arizona, and just run the team better so I can make as many people as possible salty as fuck when arizona wins the cup

Arizona Post, page 56 between the obituaries and some ads :

"the Arizona Wolfs won the Stan Lee Cup last night, congratulation!" and a 50px by 50px picture of a hockey stick

Hey guys can I get another win?

giphy.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Arizona Post, page 56 between the obituaries and some ads :

"the Arizona Wolfs won the Stan Lee Cup last night, congratulation!" and a 50px by 50px picture of a hockey stick

they'd probably have a timberwolves logo in there

How expensive are WJC tickets to games?

Some of us joked about meeting up at the WJC in 2018 in Buffalo, but I'm legitimately thinking of going and am trying to figure out how much $$$ I'd need to save up.

For the entire 11 day tournament, you're looking at roughly $1300-$1500 in hotel costs alone, and most of the places are still like blocks and blocks away from the Niagara Center.

Meaning add in ticket prices and a full tournament trip could be several thousand dollars.

zroid

Banned
At least we thought we could count on Bernier to rack up losses, but now even he's playing well. Time to call up the big guns.

Ray Emery...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
How expensive are WJC tickets to games?

Some of us joked about meeting up at the WJC in 2018 in Buffalo, but I'm legitimately thinking of going and am trying to figure out how much $$$ I'd need to save up.

For the entire 11 day tournament, you're looking at roughly $1300-$1500 in hotel costs alone, and most of the places are still like blocks and blocks away from the Niagara Center.

Meaning add in ticket prices and a full tournament trip could be several thousand dollars.

It would cheaper to go to European WJC

he forgot to add : "and move them and their fanbase somewhere else"

moving half a dozen people shouldn't be that hard right?

Sometimes words can hurt as hard as being hit with a fist.

Why are you hitting me with your fists.

That's like bullying.

Bullying triggers me.

imBask

Banned
Sometimes words can hurt as hard as being hit with a fist.

Why are you hitting me with your fists.

That's like bullying.

Bullying triggers me.

I was about to say "don't worry you'll love Quebec city"

but I just can't, I wouldn't wish that to my worst enemy, Quebec city is a shithole

imBask

Banned
Who doesn't like gift shops?

it goes deeper than that. They have the worst radio in the history of mankind, they're jealousy of Montreal is absurd, the city is ugly, the streets layout is terrible, the mayor is a dork, they always vote for the worst fucking people

Quebec city SUCKS

I'll be god damned if I stand by and watch as our great nation is invaded by French refugees

You're thinking about this the wrong way.

Listen, you and me and the rest of DucksGAF. We start a sunscreen company, see. A sunscreen company. And we put a maple leaf on the front of the tube and make it smell like back bacon and maple syrup.

Then we sell it to all the new Cananadanians when they get to AZ and start to turn purple and melt.

Then we take that money and be rich.

WE WIN.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently, the Preds are practicing with
Wilson-Johansen-Neal
Forsberg-Ribeiro-Jarnkrok
Salomaki-Fisher-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Watson
Bourque-Hodgson-Arvidsson

Interesting that they aren't running with Forsberg-Johansen-Neal. Salomaki will probably be sent to Milwaukee pretty soon to make way for Bourque's return.

Oh and Jackman got bumped down to 3rd pairing with Bitetto.

Top Bottom