• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Cake Boss

Banned
Who does St. Louis have in terms of defensive prospects? The Lightning have been scouting the Blues hard as of late.

They might sell high on Parayko.

Or they can trade away Shattenkirk now that Parayko has stepped up. Whether that's for Drouin or a bigger package who knows.

Some Blues fans might have better insight on this tho.

Quick

Banned
People getting scared with all these Leafs win.

And by people I mean Leafs fans.

dj-khaleds-suffering-from-success.jpeg

zroid

Banned
That's okay. This team is good at dropping off a cliff by the time early March comes if these last few seasons are indicative

I'm still worried...

at least in previous years we had their league worst possession numbers to fall back on. this year they're quite average. average could be good enough to get in the playoffs (or finish 9th) if their goaltending keeps being solid.

Like I said, #FreeRayEmery

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually legit interested in seeing Johansen gell with the Perds.

Any lineup projections for them yet?

I posted the practice lines a few posts above yours. He's practicing on the first line with Neal and Colin Wilson, Forsberg and Ribeiro got bumped to 2nd.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm still worried...

at least in previous years we had their league worst possession numbers to fall back on. this year they're quite average. average could be good enough to get in the playoffs (or finish 9th) if their goaltending keeps being solid.

Basically that.

Their fancystats are much improved. And besides once Bernier falters again (it will happen) will be just when Reimer returns from injury and gets hot again...only to get injured again.

I'm still worried...

Ray Emery will fight. I want to see him fight. So I am all for this

zroid

Banned
Oh and even worse? The Leafs' special teams (both PP and PK) have been considered elite by the fancystats for most of the season. Average 5v5 with elite special teams... that's a recipe for first round exit or drive for 9th!

Damn you Babcock

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fitting that Tokarski gets to play at the pond with all the swimming he does in net.

Cake Boss

Banned
I hope the leafs get in the playoffs in the expense of the SNES. That way the only way we can ensure change in this mediocre franchise.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm still worried...

Babs is gonna have to play Roman Polak more....

I posted the practice lines a few posts above yours. He's practicing on the first line with Neal and Colin Wilson, Forsberg and Ribeiro got bumped to 2nd.
If you trade us your 1st again I'm sure Lou can work out a deal you can't refuse around Reimer or Bernier.

#BIGTRADEBERGEVIN STRIKES AGAIN
There is your top six winger, mtl. Now stop complaining habs fans (lol)

yyzjohn

Banned
People getting scared with all these Leafs win.

And by people I mean Leafs fans.

Nah, I've given up on the Mathews dream. As long as they stick to the Shanaplan and draft well, hopefully they can build a solid team in a few seasons. Babcock's coaching will help, just need to be patient. Look at how far they've come with a makeshift team already.

Samyy

Not sure Parayko is worth a Drouin though.

Yea for sure, maybe part of a package

and here are St. Louis' top 10 prospects as per Pronman:

Top 10 Blues Prospects
Note: Number in parentheses is overall prospect rank

1 Robby Fabbri, C (15)
2 Ivan Barbashev, C (28)
3 Ty Rattie, RW (93)
4 Petteri Lindbohm, D
5 Jordan Schmaltz, D
6 Joel Edmunson, D
7 Vince Dunn, D
8 Ville Husso, G (15G)
9 Jake Walman, D
10 Colton Parayko, D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I've given up on the Mathews dream. As long as they stick to the Shanaplan and draft well, hopefully they can build a solid team in a few seasons. Babcock's coaching will help, just need to be patient. Look at how far they've come with a makeshift team already.
The tank is off...!
until we shit the Bernier or someone else shits the bed again...!

Top Bottom