• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's because the Oilers are a bunch of fucktards

Hmm....

liDax4F.jpg_zpswon3crjn.gif

Yup. I've crunched the numbers, and the math checks out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just now watching these AGDQ Mario Maker levels

God Damn, gotta fire the game back up and play some of these. I'm not sure what the community has been like the past couple months, but there's a lot of ideas in these levels alone that I never thought of, or had seen up to this point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm here at work doing my best not to get up and dance.

Someone gonna rip the audio cause I know sure as hell Kendrick ain't putting out any single for this, greedy ass great rapper.

LET US EAT! GIMME ALL THOSE UNTITLED SONGS!
I just used a YouTube to mp3 site to rip it since he probably won't delete it. I still listen to the YouTube rip of Untitled 1.

I feel like the Panthers are last year's Flames. Playing way above their pay grade right now. It won't last though.

Right now yes, they are peaking with planets aligned for an 11 game win streak. I don't think they are a division leading team, yet. Difference with the Flames/ Avs of previous years is that we are one of the best defenses in the league. The problem is that we play low event hockey, so there are limited chances, but always seem to be high % chances. I forgot who linked earlier ( think the new Kings fan) but the stats on expected save percentage based on high % chances has Luongo right at the median.

I disagree. Analysts have been calling for them to break out for years cause they have a young skilled team that was missing a steady presence. Getting Luongo back and Jagr, I think really helped the rest of them out. Plus Tallon is a good GM...ok except for Bolland anyways...

Team was at 91 points last year and the most improved in the league all the while shooting at like ~4%. That while being middle of the road in shot based stats. The key is the 1 goal games. Don't have the stats right now but 13-14 we lost overwhelmingly in regulation, 14-15 lost most in OT, 15-16 winning in regulation.

Analysts have been saying the same thing about the Oilers for how long now? Doesn't mean much.

Drafting has been so much better with Tallon. Barkov has him looking like a genius in hindsight. We have a 3rd rounder t-2nd in team goals, 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounders currently in the lineup as regulars. Org has an actual development pipeline and has vets to support the kids.

Drafting has been so much better with Tallon. Barkov has him looking like a genius in hindsight. We have a 3rd rounder t-2nd in team goals, 2nd, 4th, and 5th rounders currently in the lineup as regulars. Org has an actual development pipeline and has vets to support the kids.

Ekblad is pretty decent

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Carlson was not on the ice for Caps practice this morning and seems to have been ruled out for tomorrow.

Kreider is back at practice today, but he's skating with Dylan McIlrath as an extra.

More interestingly, though...

Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Nash-Stepan-Megna
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
(Kreider-McIrath)

There's a name missing from this practice lineup: Etem.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That same Montreal reporter who said the Habs were aggressively pursuing Drouin, also said the interest was mutual on both sides, first time I've heard that anyways.

tumblr_nod2k0KUQ91uuq0cno1_400.gif

LET IT RIP!
:lol

Congrats on being the first person to use a Beyblade reference in 15 years

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Something's going down with Etem today. Guessing it's going to be some kind of trade, since he already would have appeared on the waiver wire if he was being sent to Hartford.

That same Montreal reporter who said the Habs were aggressively pursuing Drouin, also said the interest was mutual on both sides, first time I've heard that anyways.

:lol

Congrats on being the first person to use a Beyblade reference in 15 years

I try to get a Beyblade reference in at least once a year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember so many comparisons between him and Zucker after that draft and the next few years after that. So many people saying Etem was better in every way. But now they just look silly

There have been times where you can see the kid has the talent and potential. The glimpses are just far too fleeting, and the fact is that he hasn't really had much of an opportunity to settle in with the Rangers, nor has he really played with players who can compliment his talents save for maybe 2 or 3 of the game's he appeared in. I think it's not out of the question that he could have success somewhere else. It just hasn't worked out here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Conditioning stint to avoid losing him in the waiver wire?

Maaaaybe, but I kind of doubt it. The team could use some breathing room anyway, so I'm sure they'd be happy to ship him off somewhere for a pick just to open up a little space. Plus the Wolf Pack play tonight, so if they were going to make that move, I feel like they would have pulled the trigger on the transaction yesterday while the team had off.

Razorskin

----- ------
There have been times where you can see the kid has the talent and potential. The glimpses are just far too fleeting, and the fact is that he hasn't really had much of an opportunity to settle in with the Rangers, nor has he really played with players who can compliment his talents save for maybe 2 or 3 of the game's he appeared in. I think it's not out of the question that he could have success somewhere else. It just hasn't worked out here.

Would be neat to acquire him but he's definitely the type of player Therrien hates.

Top Bottom