• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Pikma

Banned
we need to get a zroid chart in here asap
scribble+monster.jpg

I got zroid's back

I'd love to but I don't have the game :(

It's $20 on Steam right now. And isn't demanding on a computer much at all.

To everyone else, I'm trying to figure out how to make an online game right now. But I have to leave for work in like 10 minutes so I'm not sure if I'll figure it out before I leave.

EDIT: So I think, not sure but I think, that all we have to do is have someone make a Network game with all proper settings. EHM lists your IP address and server name, then people who want to join would just need to go to the main menu and click on "join network game", then put in the needed IP address.

I can mess with it more tomorrow night I think. If I don't get too drunk at the college hockey game (UND vs Team USA U-18).

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I am trying to set this up but I have no idea what I am doing. FUBAR hopefully you have more success. I have no idea how this IP address works.

If it does work, the sluts here who doesn't have the game need to jump on this shit so we can get another GM connected like league.

Definitely took me a while to get a hang of it. Like, several hours' worth. And then I realized I set up my game wrong and had to start over. Three times. Like 20 hours down the drain.

But I have no regrets. I love that game. 93 hours played according to Steam right now. And if I wasn't trying and failing to get a hang of CS:GO, that number would be higher.

Explain! I'm in. I just started up a WHL save (fired Dave Lowry after he lead the Royals to a 0-4 1st round loss to Kelowna), so I'm ready for more EHM.

And update the OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1018813

Or maybe we should make a new one, like the one for OOTPB?

pre-edit: Oh, there we go. Is everyone in the NHL-Gaf Steam group?

I only have a macbook so damn :(

Macs can't use Steam?

I don't know anything about computers but that seems silly.

EHM is such a good and addicting game. Far better and way more deeper than the GM mode in the EA NHL games.

Way more in depth, for sure.

My only issues with the game right now (haven't played in a month or so, so I'm not sure if they have been fixed), are:
  • Salary cap never rises. One of my games is in the 2020-2021 season and the salary cap is still the same. Huge issue.
  • Potential/player development is a system that really needs addressing. I feel like some players never progress at all, while others randomly do. Hell, from what I've noticed, drafted players don't improve at all after the draft. What you get is what you get.
  • The rating system is really confusing. I much prefer EA's 1-99 scale on everything. The 'form' stuff is needless. Seems like a holdover from the way they do their soccer games.

Cake Boss

Banned
Macs can't use Steam?

I don't know anything about computers but that seems silly.

Way more in depth, for sure.

My only issues with the game right now (haven't played in a month or so, so I'm not sure if they have been fixed), are:
  • Salary cap never rises. One of my games is in the 2020-2021 season and the salary cap is still the same. Huge issue.
  • Potential/player development is a system that really needs addressing. I feel like some players never progress at all, while others randomly do. Hell, from what I've noticed, drafted players don't improve at all after the draft. What you get is what you get.
  • The rating system is really confusing. I much prefer EA's 1-99 scale on everything. The 'form' stuff is needless. Seems like a holdover from the way they do their soccer games.

Isn't form the ratings of the player for the past 5 games?

This just happened seconds ago in my game lol

PSKjuIR.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
IP-based multiplayer games remind me of Hamachi which we all used to set up "fake" local networks cause that was the only way for a lot of multiplayer games back in the day :lol

My favourite EHM game is still the one where Marchand broke his pelvis.

Yeah I am trying to set this up but I have no idea what I am doing. FUBAR hopefully you have more success. I have no idea how this IP address works.

If it does work, the sluts here who doesn't have the game need to jump on this shit so we can get another GM connected like league.

Like I said, I'm heading to work and that will take until probably midnight tonight and by then I'll be so damn tired I'm going to bed. I might be able to check it out tomorrow morning though if you don't have it figured out.

And hell yeah we'll get everyone in here. I assume we'll sim a standard NHL league? I claim the Wild. Good luck to all the Leafs and Habs fans who want to argue over them :)

Explain! I'm in. I just started up a WHL save (fired Dave Lowry after he lead the Royals to a 0-4 1st round loss to Kelowna), so I'm ready for more EHM.

And update the OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1018813

Or maybe we should make a new one, like the one for OOTPB?

pre-edit: Oh, there we go. Is everyone in the NHL-Gaf Steam group?

Can't recall all of them, but I think one of my issues that I had to restart was that I had the settings wrong for the AHL, so I could not monitor anything or do anything with players sent down. I'd send 'em down and they'd sit on the bench forever. Restart to fix.

No the game is only for windows. :lol

I don't like running parallels or bootcamp.

Oh ok that makes more sense. That sucks.

Smiley90

Like I said, I'm heading to work and that will take until probably midnight tonight and by then I'll be so damn tired I'm going to bed. I might be able to check it out tomorrow morning though if you don't have it figured out.

And hell yeah we'll get everyone in here. I assume we'll sim a standard NHL league? I claim the Wild. Good luck to all the Leafs and Habs fans who want to argue over them :)

Can't recall all of them, but I think one of my issues that I had to restart was that I had the settings wrong for the AHL, so I could not monitor anything or do anything with players sent down. I'd send 'em down and they'd sit on the bench forever. Restart to fix.

Oh ok that makes more sense. That sucks.

Can you randomize rosters? We did that for the GM Connected league. Provides more parity and some people dont start with a huge disadvantage based on the team they want to pick.

Aw, that sucks they haven't fixed the cap. The 2 guys who 'made' EHM seemed realllly focused on European leagues - which is a bit weird? Surely the market in NA for a sim like this is bigger. They'd just need to add an event that pushes it up by something between 3-5% per year...

I read in the Steam forum that there is a bug that can cause players to develop slowly when their on your 'active' team. I feel like I saw this happen when I was running a Leafs save, but my recent Royals save hasn't at this problem.

I don't mind the 1-20 rating system - but then I have logged *many* hours with FM going back to 1997 lol.

Smiley90

Aw, that sucks they haven't fixed the cap. The 2 guys who 'made' EHM seemed realllly focused on European leagues - which is a bit weird? Surely the market in NA for a sim like this is bigger. They'd just need to add an event that pushes it up by something between 3-5% per year...

I read in the Steam forum that there is a bug that can cause players to develop slowly when their on your 'active' team. I feel like I saw this happen when I was running a Leafs save, but my recent Royals save hasn't at this problem.

I don't mind the 1-20 rating system - but then I have logged *many* hours with FM going back to 1997 lol.

Dude have you SEEN Germany's obsession with simulation/manager games?

Cake Boss

Banned
Can you randomize rosters? We did that for the GM Connected league. Provides more parity and some people dont start with a huge disadvantage based on the team they want to pick.

I am messing with it right now. I set it as fantasy draft to only players that are under contract (no prospects)

If someone wants to test if this works or not. Can you join IP Address 192.168.2.241. I am there right now.

If this works we can do a fantasy draft.

Dude have you SEEN Germany's obsession with simulation/manager games?

Dammit! You'd think I'd have remember that obsession with micro-management seeing as my mutter-in-law is German.

HEH

But still. There's some clumsy stuff going on in the NA leagues that really ought to be fixed. Stuff that should have been ironed out during the EA period.

Smiley90

I just tried joining twice. Says I'm unable to join.

I'll lead them to ruin glory.

Pretty sure anything 192.168.x.x is just cockboss's local IP, nobody can target that

Cockboss go to whatismyip.com and use your public IP

Smiley90

Wait, Reimer and Hellebuyck (who? Jets?) lead the league in save percentage with .937?

Wut

Clydefrog

I just started playing Ass Creed Unity. It's probably the worst Ass Creed I've played since the original game but damn does it look amazing. Love my 980 Ti.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow afternoon's game against the Rangers is Alex Ovechkin's 800th career NHL game.

He is currently precisely one hat trick away from 500 career goals.

Just in case you wanted to have something to bet on before Powerball.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Whoa. Very happy about the the Etem/Jensen trade. Etem fills the hole left by Kassian, and it'll be interesting to see him play alongside Shinkaruk next year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Told you guys the trade was still on. :D

I have no strong feelings one way or the other. Jensen can't really be any less useful than Etem was (even if he stays in Hartford), and Etem's contract coming off the books gives us $1.2m in cap space now, so the net result is, at worst, mildly positive for us.

Vancouver also strikes me as a place where Etem might actually do quite well.

Top Bottom