• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

zroid

Banned
The list of star forwards traded away by Columbus over the years is pretty amazing.

2016:
Ryan Johansen

2015:
Nathan Horton (special circumstances, obviously)

2014:
Marian Gaborik

2013:
Derick Brassard

2012:
Rick Nash
Jeff Carter

2011:
Jakub Voracek

Quick

Banned
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/01/08/fans-looking-forward-to-booing-kane

Drew Adam said he’s all for fans having fun and needling Kane, but thinks Jets fans are better than a track-suit gimmick.

“I wanted Kane out of Winnipeg the day the Jets came here,” Adam said. “That said, we’ve gotten rid of him, can we just not move on? We’ve got better players and you’re just feeding his ego at this point.”

nick-young-confused-face.png

Boy, Klan night is gonna be lit in Winnipeg.

Foggy

The list of star forwards traded away by Columbus over the years is pretty amazing.

2016:
Ryan Johansen

2015:
Nathan Horton (special circumstances, obviously)

2014:
Marian Gaborik

2013:
Derick Brassard

2012:
Rick Nash
Jeff Carter

2011:
Jakub Voracek

But now they have a great young player, they're set up for the future, great foundation, great core, so much potential. Shoot me. Garbage franchise. Great posters though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was the first time I've seen Kevin Hayes make a play like last season's Kevin Hayes possibly all season.

Boyle robbed by Holtby.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
lol what. how did that sneak in

man Holtbae is really good

That was more Chorney saving a goal. He got Zucc's stick and prevented him from making a move, just shoved the puck right into Holtby's pads.

And it's been hell trying to actually get pucks to Holtby in the first place.

But now they have a great young player, they're set up for the future, great foundation, great core, so much potential. Shoot me. Garbage franchise. Great posters though.

Davidson does seem to know how to build a club at least. Though when he was on Leafs Lunch he was very defensive about being associated with some of the moves done by the previous front office.

Holy shit this period is full of penalties.

Another penalty :lol

Isles PP lasted all of 3 seconds

another penalty. 7 this period with 6 minutes left :lol

Also McDavid out until after All Star Break

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Still a pretty even game, even in goal, despite what the score says.

Unfortunately, that's not really good enough to take any points away from this game, but it does continue this recent stretch where the Rangers' game seems like it's finally starting to come together. This is the 4th game in a row where they've played generally solidly in all three zones, after going a full month of playing brain dead hockey.

The only problem is that these last 3 games have been against the #2 team in the East, the #1 team in the West, and the #1 team in the NHL.

That hit on Foligno looked bad... Why isn't Malone getting suspended? Reminded me of the kind of shit Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres liked to pull.

Top Bottom