• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

It would be faster to name the ones that wouldn't pay for Stamkos

-Murray because he's just that dumb
-Rutherford probably doesn't know who Stamkos is

who else?

Honestly I hope we don't and I don't think Hexy does. We will have $18 million this offseason but Stamkos won't solve our problems. I mean if we somehow do get him then I will be excited but I really doubt Hextall throws money at him

we are just getting out of cap hell. It doesn't make sense for us to give most of it to one player

imBask

Banned
Honestly I hope we don't and I don't think Hexy does. We will have $18 million this offseason but Stamkos won't solve our problems. I mean if we somehow do get him then I will be excited but I really doubt Hextall throws money at him

we are just getting out of cap hell. It doesn't make sense for us to give most of it to one player

but you guys are going nowhere, I would rather trade a bunch of losers and rebuild around Stamkos than build around Vorafraud or Girwho

but I get your point

who else?

The guy is a top 3 sniper in the world, any GM would give him 12M X 7

Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif

Pikma

Banned

who else?

The guy is a top 3 sniper in the world, any GM would give him 12M X 7
What? No, why would a non-desperate GM ever do that? it's fucking suicide

imBask

Banned
No player in today's cap market is worth that much.

I hope it happens though.

Still think he stays in Tampa.

GMs keep signing these dumb frauds like Beleskey to ridiculous contracts, I really don't see Stamkos signing under 12M/y, I would bet on it.

I agree with you, but I still know for a fact that this is what he's getting

Kopitar is 28. $10M per isn't unreasonable, but that term takes him to 36, well past his prime. I would've shortened the term and increased the cap hit. $44M for 4 years or something. Doughty is 26, Quick 29, Carter 31. Their core's window only has about 4-5 years left.

With Stamkos being younger, he's going to get $10.5M per.

imBask

Banned
Kopitar is 28. $10M per isn't unreasonable, but that term takes him to 36, well past his prime. I would've shortened the term and increased the cap hit. $44M for 4 years or something. Doughty is 26, Quick 29, Carter 31. Their core's window only has about 4-5 years left.

With Stamkos being younger, he's going to get $10.5M per.

Kopitar got 10M to stay with his team, what if he had tested the market? Just by getting a bunch of desperate team in a bidding war, he'll get 12. It only takes 1 dumb GM, JUST ONE

Chris R

Avs sent down Guenin. Yessssssssssssssss. No one will claim him, but for the time being his shit defense is gone.

It's a promising move, hope the defensive changes mix shit up and help us keep the goal deficit to one or two a game, something that we should be able to fight back from... Just ignoring last night's shitshow.

fallout

Yep. He's worth 10M now, but my prediction is that by the time he's 33-34, the Kings will be looking to buyout his contract (or offload him and retain some salary or something).

RC

Banned
36 Chambers is the greatest hip-hop album of all time and I will fight to anyone who disagrees.

Slight bruises to people who claim it's Illmatic instead.

Quick

Banned
I love 90s hip hop, but I strongly preferred west coast hip hop. G-funk is sublime.

Early-2000s had a lot of trash though, but the gems were outstanding.

I love 90s hip hop, but I strongly preferred west coast hip hop. G-funk is sublime.

Early-2000s had a lot of trash though, but the gems were outstanding.

I'm a big fan of Del the Funky Homosapien

36 Chambers is the greatest hip-hop album of all time and I will fight to anyone who disagrees.

I got your back

imBask

Banned

36 Chambers is up there, no doubt about it. Illmatic is fine but I just don't care for it, just not my thing

The Flyers can screw themselves over just fine on their own.

In the past I would agree but with Hextall I can say the incompetence is over.

Getting Holmgren out of the GM position was an amazing decision already paying dividends. Apparently Hexy was named VP quietly over Christmas as well

Razorskin

----- ------
I tried to play Dragon's Dogma on PS3 and it was the only game I ever stopped playing due to how poorly it performed. Tempted to give it another go on PC.

I tried to play Dragon's Dogma on PS3 and it was the only game I ever stopped playing due to how poorly it performed. Tempted to give it another go on PC.

Do it. It is an awesome game. Not too much in way of story but great gameplay, cool world, and awesome magic.

Really recommend it.

Stasis

Pretty much agree.

I'm also getting more and more cranky in my old age and I get so bored so fast with the "fucking so many bitches" trope when you hear it in newer music. I'd love Mac Miller but every damn song has something irritating about how he's balls deep and I find it tired. Be doing something slightly more interesting with your time after your first album, people!

LTTP but I had to quote and agree with this. There are a select few tracks that will get a pass for a great beat but mostly lyrics like this will turn me off so quick.

Just like it will irl. I get so bored hearing stories about people going out or going on trips to Cuba/DR (popular destinations for Quebecers) with the sole aim of drinking/fucking random people. The older I get the less I tolerate the superficial. Sometimes I do, in fact, yell at clouds.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Denis Potvin issued an apology through the Panther's official website:

Statement From Florida Panthers Television Analyst Denis Potvin:

"My choice of words at the conclusion of the Vancouver game on Monday should have been more appropriate. In the passion of the moment and under the circumstances of how the game ended, they came out wrong. For that I'm going to extend my sincere apologies to Daniel Sedin, Trevor Linden and the Canucks organization."

Line_HTX

I'm happy they finally brought it over to PC. A game of that magnitude with all the stuff that you do is highly recommended.

I just saw that brawl on Yahoo. It just looked like the Panthers were pissed that they lost to a Sedin OT goal. Man, calling him lowlife and accusing him of being too friendly with his brother... Like, what the fuck???

Samyy

For anyone here who has actually gone to a Leafs game/NHL game before, how early should you be there to catch warm ups and stuff?

I did this with Red Dead because the aliasing was soooooooo fucking bad. Never got that PC version. :|

One of the strangest things to never come to PC, I'd love a remaster for this generation of consoles along with a PC version, but that doesn't seem to be in Rockstar's playbook.

Samyy

Rielly paired up with Marincin tonight, Hunwick with Polak.
Interesting! Looking forward to hearing how baffled Leafs Lunch is with Marincin's supposed promotion!

Top Bottom