• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Nick Schultz is going to play in his 1000th career game tonight. Congrats to him.

Who wants to trade for him?

Damn and still no Weal. Really want to see him play. At this point it is just out of curiosity to see what he can do.

zroid

Banned
tumblr_mzb0ekqwUM1r41emlo4_250.gif

once this Kopitar contract is signed.

that is a lot of money for 5 players. Will make it worth it if they win another cup or two. If not they will be in our situation

Who knows what the cap will be then though, Canada's recent economic trend could turn around by then. Also it really doesn't matter as they will probably be re-building in that time frame anyway.

Yawnier

Banned
Meh the kings won 2 cups in a really short time span, so even if they don't win another with their current core that's still more than a lot of other teams can hope for in this cap era. Except for the blackhawks of course

Does anyone here actually do dump ins in NHL games?

I find it easy to carry the puck through the zone and set up than dumping it in the corner and fighting the AI on the boards and give up puck possession.

Quick

Banned
Does anyone here actually do dump ins in NHL games?

I find it easy to carry the puck through the zone and set up than dumping it in the corner and fighting the AI on the boards and give up puck possession.

When I'm in the offensive zone, I dump the puck from one wing to the opposite wing since the opposing AI D usually tries to pinch my winger when he enters the zone.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
once this Kopitar contract is signed.

that is a lot of money for 5 players. Will make it worth it if they win another cup or two. If not they will be in our situation

There's no way all of those players will still by on the team in 2021.

When I'm in the offensive zone, I dump the puck from one wing to the opposite wing since the opposing AI D usually tries to pinch my winger when he enters the zone.

See I just either protect the puck or pass it out of the zone and re-enter. I hate losing puck possession in the game, even though I find it kind of easy to regain possession by doing a hip check and they automatically lose the puck pretty much.

Who knows what the cap will be then though, Canada's recent economic trend could turn around by then. Also it really doesn't matter as they will probably be re-building in that time frame anyway.

I doubt the cap rises an extraordinary amount. Even if it raised to 90 million there would still be a third tied up in players in their mid to late thirties, other than Kopitar.

Those Brown and Quick contracts are already oogly. 5 years from now? oof

Yup. I didn't even realize that Gaborik is 34 already.

There's no way all of those players will still by on the team in 2021.

I agree. I think Gaborik will retire maybe Carter, but Kopitar, Quick and Brown probably will still be. Kopitar is a given I guess.

Brown and Gabby aren't making it to the end of their contracts.

At first I was going to ask why don't you think Brown will but then I just looked at his point totals wow are they low not only this year but the last two as well.

Never realized they were that low. Especially 14 points this year.

I need to pay more attention to the west more.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
At first I was going to ask why don't you think Brown will but then I just looked at his point totals wow are they low not only this year but the last two as well.

Never realized they were that low. Especially 14 points this year.

I need to pay more attention to the west more.

There's also not a chance that his body can withstand five more years playing that style of hockey. Kopitar, Quick, and (maybe) Carter are the only ones that will still be on the team in five years.

How would you Leafs fans feel if the league expands to a second Toronto team (which I doubt) and that new team wins a cup before your Leafs do?

Also NBCSN is airing their NHL Rivals thing and they just showed our comeback against the Bruins from 3-0 down.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How would you Leafs fans feel if the league expands to a second Toronto team (which I doubt) and that new team wins a cup before your Leafs do?

Also NBCSN is airing their NHL Rivals thing and they just showed our comeback against the Bruins from 3-0 down.

Powerball winner buys the Maple Leafs and moves them to Seattle. The new Seattle Metropolitans win the Stanley Cup in their first year.

zroid

Banned
But do you really think that people in Toronto will actually cross over that easily after having the Leafs ingrained for as long as they have been?

Honestly I don't know how people will react, but I kinda figure most fans will embrace it, at least at first. With how long the idea has been discussed here, there'd probably be a lot of excitement in the beginning about having twice as much hockey to watch. lol

Foggy

That line with Rychel and Anderson have been putting in serious work over the past couple days. Looks like Boone got that one.

Top Bottom