• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

imBask

Banned
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/macquarie-loonie-forecast-1.3401644

9T1kgIr.gif

Guenin and Hodgeson on waivers, Kevin Connauton claimed by Arizona.

Also, Minnesota has joined the race for Drouin, Might Trade Dumba

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/report-wild-in-on-drouin-lightning-want-dumba/

Wild have apparently been in on it since it was announced he wanted to be traded. They were also apparenrly in on Johanson and almost had him until Nashville upped the offer with Seth Jones.

If it is Dumba straight up for Drouin, I'd say do it. Dumba is great but the Wild defense is set for years now with Suter, Scandella, Spurgeon, and the defense stalwart but offensive black hole that is Jonas Brodin. While the Wild would lose offense from the blue line, and someone who is not easily replaceable, and someone who is completely unique in the Wild organization, I think Drouin is worth it.

He could be a top level player.

Plus, some were labelling Nino Niederreiter as a bust until the Wild got him. Now he is a middle six forward who has the capability of scoring 20 goals a season playing on either wing. Charlie Coyle was traded after his draft, did well in the NCAA, then left to play juniors in the Q. Now he is a C/RW who can play in any situation and is good for 40-50 points a season.

Wild can't develop their own forwards worth a shit (Granlund, Sheppard, Pouliot, etc.) but when they trade for them when they are young they have done well enough. Don't see why Drouin can't be added to that list.

imBask

Banned
Legalize weed already you god damn bum of a prime minister, I know more people who smoke weed than people who don't, WE'LL BE RICH AGAIN, RIIIIIICH

Wild have apparently been in on it since it was announced he wanted to be traded. They were also apparenrly in on Johanson and almost had him until Nashville upped the offer with Seth Jones.

If it is Dumba straight up for Drouin, I'd say do it. Dumba is great but the Wild defense is set for years now with Suter, Scandella, Spurgeon, and the defense dive stalwart but offensive black hole that is Jonas Brodin. While the Wild would lose offense from the blue line, and someone who is not easily replaceable, and someone who is completely unique in the Wild organization, I think Drouin is worth it.

He could be a top level player.

Plus, some were labelling Nino Niederreiter as a bust until the Wild got him. Now he is a middle six forward who has the capability of scoring 20 goals a season playing on either wing. Charlie Coyle was traded after his draft, did well in the NCAA, then left to play juniors in the Q. Now he is a C/RW who can play in any situation and is good for 40-50 points a season.

Wild can't develop their own forwards worth a shit (Granlund, Sheppard, Pouliot, etc.) but when they trade for them when they are young they have done well enough. Don't see why Drouin can't be added to that list.

In terms of teams getting Drouin I think Anaheim and Minnesota have a good shot at him.

Matt Dumba for Drouin is a deal I would do.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 33m33 minutes ago

Kevin Connauton (ARI) is second defenseman #CBJ have lost on waivers in 2016. Andrew Bodnarchuk was claimed by #Avs January 5.
What exactly are you up to 'Lumbus?

Cake Boss

Banned
Lmaoo hockey is weird as shit.

A player had to apologize for his crazy ass girlfriend beating the shit out of him. It was a distraction to the team lol.

Next up a player will have to appologize for getting into a car accident. A distraction and all.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Canucks' twitter account said:
Sedin's-Dorsett
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Burr-Vey-Etem
Prust-Cracknell-Virt
Hansen/McCann

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Weber
Bartkowski-Biega
Sbisa

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Lmaoo hockey is weird as shit.

A player had to apologize for his crazy ass girlfriend beating the shit out of him. It was a distraction to the team lol.

Next up a player will have to appologize for getting into a car accident. A distraction and all.

NHL players should just learn to be celibate, like me.

Line_HTX

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Hmmm

Throwing Jake out to die with Prust and Crackers is disheartening as well.

Also Sbisa

Fuck off Sbisa

This line up doesn't make any sense. How can an NHL coach honestly look at that and think it's the best way for the Canucks to beat the best team in the league?

And, sadly, Sbisa is better than at least two of the defensemen we're going to ice next game. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm looking forward to him returning so Weber or Bartkowski can take a seat in the press box. (Unfortunately, it'll probably be Biega who sits.)

imBask

Banned
Who's going to be willing to overpay the fuck out of him though?

It would be faster to name the ones that wouldn't pay for Stamkos

-Murray because he's just that dumb
-Rutherford probably doesn't know who Stamkos is

who else?

The guy is a top 3 sniper in the world, any GM would give him 12M X 7

Top Bottom