• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

CCF23

Oh well. Will probably still grab a couple things that get up to 65% off, and maybe a couple that are around 50% off too. Still pretty good deals.

They patched it at 2am :lol

From "no pants club" to "pants club"

I'm glad I didn't spend money on either of those games (Aliens: CM and RE).

Wasn't it dstrdly that had the collectors edition of Aliens pre ordered?

Haha, YES. I had THAT much hope in the game being decent. It's still back in Brisbane, unopened, and untouched.

Not for dstrdl. Any man that can afford briefcases full of jelly beans can afford to pay back a bank loan.

Well the exchange rate can fluctuate depending on the sugar cane season y'know.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Habs with only 2 more regulation losses than Chicago and Anaheim. Me likey.
How's Lamestrong working out for you guys?

Really not as fun hurling insults after Gomez left... :'(

I don't even think we really have anybody to really buyout with the way Burke structured the salaries on our team.

MacAttack

Somebody get me a barf bag, Boston sports radio is talking about trading Lucic for Iginla.

Ok, now I'm hearing Horton for Bobby Ryan. I like that much better.

These are obviously wild speculation.

W8iElWe.png

E-DuB

Anyone have a copy of that Toews "I won the Stanley cup once," pic? Need to show a friend at school.

EDIT: FOUND THEM!!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Too much "Gaborik for Dan Boyle" buzz for it to just be smoke. Can't say I really like it. Boyle would fit in well, but I don't think we can ditch Gaborik without getting offense in return, and Boyle's probably not going to be around for all that much longer.

I wonder if Kreider was called up as a test to see if he can supplement the offense enough to let them feel good about getting rid of Gaby.

Too much "Gaborik for Dan Boyle" buzz for it to just be smoke. Can't say I really like it. Boyle would fit in well, but I don't think we can ditch Gaborik without getting offense in return, and Boyle's probably not going to be around for all that much longer.

I wonder if Kreider was called up as a test to see if he can supplement the offense enough to let them feel good about getting rid of Gaby.

Torts is just collecting players from his 04 Cup win.

Queue the Lecavalier to NYR rumors :)

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

thats the Rangeriest move ever. I hope they do it so the epic Ranger tank comes to full fruition.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My best guess for Gaborik-less Ranger lines would be:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Miller-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Pyatt
Asham-Halpern-Powe

IF Kreider is much improved, this actually isn't too bad, especially if we could snap up an extra third liner on the cheap somewhere.

In other news, I'm surprised that it sounds like Lundqvist is actually starting tonight.

Babcock is not the problem. Whats with this right now? Is every coach on the chopping block or something?

Is laviolette as good as gone? Will the flyers buy out/move bryzgolav to get bobrovski back and throw in giroux? Smh

He has made some questionable coaching decisions this year (ie: Cleary and Abby with Datsyuk, pairing Quincey and Smith together early in the year, etc...). A lot of fans aren't too pleased with some things he has done, personally he has done some questionable stuff this year but the team as a whole has some serious problems as well that they can't seem to overcome.

Spl1nter

Of course Lupul is going to get suspended as we go to Buffalo.

He has such a hate for that place.

Hahahaha, would be amazing if we had another one of his classic tweets.

So funny how the hype on Kadri has risen so fast. Media is all over him when a year ago there was so much doubt of him being an NHLer.

Curufinwe

Look at the lines ahead of him though... Briere has been our 3C for a while...

He's there for the playoffs and to run our prodigy daycare.

Unfortunately, he's been played as second line winger for the past few weeks and has been terrible. Gagne playing with Schenn and Simmonds should do much better. And it sounds like Read is replacing Hartnell on the top line for now, which is also deserved based on performance.

LevelNth

Banned
Hahahaha, would be amazing if we had another one of his classic tweets.

So funny how the hype on Kadri has risen so fast. Media is all over him when a year ago there was so much doubt of him being an NHLer.
With Komi, Mac and Connolly off the books next year, it's looking likely that we'll be resigning Flow, Kads, Franson and Fraser at the very least.

I'm hoping we get Bozak for equivalent to what we paid Mac, and Franson and Fraser for combined less than Komi. That allows us to do a 2 or 3 yr to Kadri for around 3-4m per.

We'd still have around 10m in cap too, AND with Grabo's albatross still on the books.

Unfortunately, he's been played as second line winger for the past few weeks and has been terrible. Gagne playing with Schenn and Simmonds should do much better. And it sounds like Read is replacing Hartnell on the top line for now, which is also deserved based on performance.

That is a great move. Reed has been really good when healthy this year.

Not disagreeing with any of that, but I think if you were writing out a depth chart Briere would have fallen under 3C for a while. I know he's bounced around a bit lately and been terrible, but with our forward lines I really do think there is a good deal of interchangeability based on who is doing well at any given time.

But yeah Briere is bad lately.

No Methot for Ottawa tonight so Lundin plays his first game since Zolnierczyk hit him.

These injuries are beyond ridiculous now and yet we're still in a playoff spot. We'd be destroying the East if we had our normal lineup.

Spl1nter

With Komi, Mac and Connolly off the books next year, it's looking likely that we'll be resigning Flow, Kads, Franson and Fraser at the very least.

I'm hoping we get Bozak for equivalent to what we paid Mac, and Franson and Fraser for combined less than Komi. That allows us to do a 2 or 3 yr to Kadri for around 3-4m per.

We'd still have around 10m in cap too, AND with Grabo's albatross still on the books.

I wonder if Bozak would take a discount. I cant see any other place being better for him. He gets more minutes with top players here, a Canadian market, possible endorsements, and the friends he has made. I wouldnt pay him more than 3 million. I think the Leafs also save up cap space for the 2014 UFA market. Use compliance buyout on Grabo next summer as well to free up more cap space. Could also see a trade this summer for Statsny. Then we got an USA olympic team line lol.

LevelNth

Banned
I wonder if Bozak would take a discount. I cant see any other place being better for him. He gets more minutes with top players here, a Canadian market, possible endorsements, and the friends he has made. I wouldnt pay him more than 3 million. I think the Leafs also save up cap space for the 2014 UFA market. Use compliance buyout on Grabo next summer as well to free up more cap space. Could also see a trade this summer for Statsny. Then we got an USA olympic team line lol.
I'm honestly fine with a 3yr/12m to Bozak. We can easily afford it when you look at the dead weight and overpays we're losing in the next two years (Mac, Kule, Komi, Lombardi, etc.).

Saving up for some UFA dream is ok, but one guy max. There can be no overhaul, it just doesn't happen anymore. Pay Dion 5m per and Kessel 7.5-8m per in extensions, and they balance out with the Tucker/Armstrong buys falling off.

You reupp the aforementioned guys and compliance out of Grabo's contract and you've got over 15m to reupp Reims and Scrivs, rebuild the third line and get one splash UFA.

Leafs need to stay the course or this insanely long 8 year rebuild can easily be shanked.

Spl1nter

Bozak isnt worth 4 million. He only produces over 40 pts because he is with Kessel, Lupul, JVR. You dont pay 3rd line players 4 million.

The leafs could quite easily go with Kadri/Grabo/Colborne next year. If Colborne continue his current ppg pace in the AHL and playoffs, he should be in the NHL next year. As well, the third line wont be rebuilt. The leafs have great prospects for 3rd line roles in Biggs, Ashton, Ross. Leafs are in very good cap position that is for sure.

Edit: Trading Bozak will always be a positive since he was acquired for nothing. But as long as leafs are in a playoff run cant see it happening unless a very good return.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hate to say it but I'd be fine with not bringing back Bozak next year.

Even if possible if we can trade him this year I'd do it.

LevelNth

Banned
Bozak isnt worth 4 million. He only produces over 40 pts because he is with Kessel, Lupul, JVR. You dont pay 3rd line players 4 million.

The leafs could quite easily go with Kadri/Grabo/Colborne next year. If Colborne continue his current ppg pace in the AHL and playoffs, he should be in the NHL next year. As well, the third line wont be rebuilt. The leafs have great prospects for 3rd line roles in Biggs, Ashton, Ross. Leafs are in very good cap position that is for sure.
Don't get me wrong if Colborne can replace Bozak I'd be all over that, and we'd save a ton. Maybe go after Horton to replace MacArthur in the summer instead?

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Horton
Kulemin-Colborne-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-McLaren

???

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Doubtful.

Yeah, this team just can't find it's identity, we play a few great games, then suck a few games, then play good a few games, then suck a few games, been going on all season. They're as streaky as Franzen which is crazy.

I lay that at the feet of the coaching staff.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Chicago please.

For real I think he'd do well with you guys. He can be a really solid third line center...just unfortunate for us that he has to play the first line.

If you can get a 1st for Bozak or equivalent prospect I would make the trade no matter the playoff situation.

Of course, but there is not a team that would give us a 1st for Bozak. He's not THAT valuable, or else we'd be keeping him.

Top Bottom