• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

itYGv1ybkIeJ7.gif

The more injuries we have the better we get lol.

3 guys that should be in the AHL, one guy that played 17 games last season with a 36 year old and a guy turning 39 next month on the top pair.

They're playing well, seems they don't belong in the AHL. As they've gotten to used to playing in the NHL they've gotten better and better.

We've got the best coaching staff in the business AINEC.

Acid08

Banned
Too much "Gaborik for Dan Boyle" buzz for it to just be smoke. Can't say I really like it. Boyle would fit in well, but I don't think we can ditch Gaborik without getting offense in return, and Boyle's probably not going to be around for all that much longer.

I wonder if Kreider was called up as a test to see if he can supplement the offense enough to let them feel good about getting rid of Gaby.

Ugh not for Gaby. We don't need another glass man.

Of course, but there is not a team that would give us a 1st for Bozak. He's not THAT valuable, or else we'd be keeping him.

Bozak for more than 2m is waste, for the aforementioned reasons. There are a lot of players that could be as, or more, effective centring a line with Kessel/Lupul/JVR.

The problem is we've yet to sign one of those players.

Higgiins left practice early. Gordon already called up to replace Pinizzotto.

Lines could be like this if Higgins can't go:
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Gordon-Lapierre-Weise
Sestito-Ebbett-?

I guess Barker or Alberts could play forward.

No mention of the goalies Kernal.

Lehner looks like the real deal, we'll have to see how he can play over the course of a full season but it's awful hard to find a legitimate complaint right now. Almost as good numbers as Anderson.

As for Bishop, he's OK I guess. I wonder if he'll have an advantage if they shrink goalie equipment down the road.

We're 3-0 since we got Kassian, maybe all we needed is our own goon lol.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Lehner looks like the real deal, we'll have to see how he can play over the course of a full season but it's awful hard to find a legitimate complaint right now. Almost as good numbers as Anderson.

As for Bishop, he's OK I guess. I wonder if he'll have an advantage if they shrink goalie equipment down the road.

We're 3-0 since we got Kassian, maybe all we needed is our own goon lol.

Kassassin™

The Northeast is getting pretty tight, so hopefully you guys can win in regulation. Montreal needs to not shit the bed against the Islanders again.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
is it just me, or is there a new thread in the OT every day about transgender issues, rape, and feminism debates? Jeesh, I just wanna read about Justified.

Habs/Isles III tonight. Hoping Tavares has Solo frantically reaching for his rape whistle by night's end.

TUSR

Banned
is it just me, or is there a new thread in the OT every day about transgender issues, rape, and feminism debates? Jeesh, I just wanna read about Justified.

Habs/Isles III tonight. Hoping Tavares has Solo frantically reaching for his rape whistle by night's end.

you forgot gun issues too

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Haha was perusing HFboards and went into the Game Day thread for the Leafs.

There are Sabres fans in there giving pointers on how to beat them tonight.

TUSR

Banned
and all that Men's Rights nonsense. OT is just too intense and hostile for me these days. Everyone's mad about something.

All I'm mad about is the last 6 years of Islanders hockey.

The two go hand in hand. Without those guys, we'd be nothing.

"Higgins left morning skate early with a sore back and is not expected to play. Pinizzotto woke up yesterday not feeling well. We will likely have to play one of our defensemen as a winger tonight."

BALLARD the forward?!

A lot of topics in OT are ban bait. I dislike how politically correct you have to be too. Although, coming into a thread late and seeing a whole bunch of bans is pretty entertaining.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Poulin will be in between the pipes tonight. Nabakov gets some much needed rest. Its ridiculous that we sent DiPietro to the minors and the kid we brought up has only played 4 periods since. Nabby is 39, we shouldn't be riding him this hard.

Yeah I stopped bothering reading threads that are like 10 pages of arguing. It's one of the biggest wastes of time I can imagine

In my 3/4 years here, I have noticed Gaming/OT threads follow this pattern:

Post) Declare view.
Reply) Declare view is wrong/hateful/evil/onthewrongsideofhistory.
Post Reply) Declare anecdote proves view.
Reply Reply) Declare another anecdote proves view is wrong/hateful/evil/onthewrongsideofhistory.

And then someone gets banned.

I guess 2 games for Lupul is fair.

In my 3/4 years here, I have noticed Gaming/OT threads follow this pattern:

Post) Declare view.
Reply) Declare view is wrong/hateful/evil/onthewrongsideofhistory.
Post Reply) Declare anecdote proves view.
Reply Reply) Declare another anecdote proves view is wrong/hateful/evil/onthewrongsideofhistory.

And then someone gets banned.

I guess 2 games for Lupul is fair.

Hey do you think Nintendo will go third-party?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Miller
Pyatt-Halpern-Powe

Really curious to see how the third line plays now that the two rookies are both on it.

Top Bottom