• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Solo

I don't think they bought Quick, Brown, Kopitar, and Doughboy. Their core was home grown.

Fair enough! More evidence that the 90's Rangers/2002 Red Wings model is dead. Has to be mentioned of course that a large reason for this is the salary cap.

Guys like Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty and Jonathan Quick were all drafted by the Kings. Core players of their Stanley Cup run.

Guys like Mike Richards were acquired using assets that the Kings drafted initially

Then every time through history has been homegrown. Teams draft guys, and then trade some of those guys, and sign a few free agents. No team is built through free agency more then just a few guys. It seems silly to me to count guys that are traded for as part of the homegrown core.

Solo

Then every time through history has been homegrown. Teams draft guys, and then trade some of those guys, and sign a few free agents. No team is built through free agency more then just a few guys. It seems silly to me to count guys that are traded for as part of the homegrown core.

There's a difference between having a core of drafted players and then adding a piece or two through trades/free agency and just buying a team like the Rangers used to do pre-cap era.

There's a difference between having a core of drafted players and then adding a piece or two through trades/free agency and just buying a team like the Rangers used to do pre-cap era.

How many free agents did those Red Wings/Rangers teams actually have?

Merguson

Banned

Yeah.. I just sort of threw that out there just to show how homegrown assets can be more than getting core players. But even without those type of guys, they still had Quick, Brown, Kopitar, and Doughty for their stanley cup run.

Solo

She's better. I can conversate with her and live my life.

A little less conversation...

alyonka-larionov.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck you Solo.

I'm watching Duke vs. Albany in the NCAA tournament.

Albany's team name is "The Great Danes". This game is now ruined to me.

Marvie_3

Banned
Didn't late-night NHL GAF get a warning from mods a while back? I'm surprised you guys brought it back so soon.

When did this happen?

Either way, it went in the wrong direction last night. It was nothing more than a post a hot girl gif(not that they weren't great) and very little of the usual weird shit that goes on.

Clydefrog

Basketball's so bad to watch on TV. Oh that team scored! (20 seconds later) oh, the other team scored!

It’s only good in the last 2 minutes. Even then it’s just a mess of fouls and taking free throws.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck you Solo.

I'm watching Duke vs. Albany in the NCAA tournament.

Albany's team name is "The Great Danes". This game is now ruined to me.

It's only fair, you've ruined crayons.

Basketball's so bad to watch on TV. Oh that team scored! (20 seconds later) oh, the other team scored!

It’s only good in the last 2 minutes. Even then it’s just a mess of fouls and taking free throws.

It's like watching teams go back and forth on the power play. Watch a team pass it around for 20 seconds while the other team stands around playing passive defence.

Quick

Banned
What bugs me about basketball is the intentional fouls committed by the losing team in the last minute of the game. I get the logic behind it (I think), but it's annoying to watch.

#STLBlues trade Matt D'Agostini to the #Devils for a 2015 conditional pick.

Someone had to go. It was either send Schwartz, Cole or Allen down to Peoria, have someone clear waivers to Peoria (Elliott, Porter, Dags) or a trade was incoming.

We're certainly not sending Allen down, we'd just call him back up again. Schwartz is really finding his place on the team, so bad decision there as well. Cole leaves us with 6 D. Porter wouldn't clear waivers again, Dags wouldn't have either. Elliott? Eh...so much unknown there, but I don't think we're likely to see him again this year with as few games as are left and without injury to Halak or Allen. We certainly can't carry 3 goalies forever, though.

Honestly, that's some pretty low return for Dags, but water under the bridge I guess. He's a good player, he just didn't fit our system at all.

Edler to get a phone hearing for his hit on Mike Smith.

Shaw got 3 playoff games last year for hitting Smith but Edler has no history (and he's more of a star than Shaw).

It looked like in slowmo on NHL tonight that he just hit the edge of the helmet and took it off. Not really his head.
Base of the forearm right to the base of the head, completely blindsided too. Looked like Nash made a terrible attempt to avoid the check but it still was dirty as fuck.

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 4m
Actually, it appears as if there will be no hearing on Nash...Boggles the mind.

Star status engage. Can't suspend the big stars right?

Top Bottom