• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Giggzy

Well that was disappointing. I'm going to go walk to hooters now and eat hot wings to mask my tears.

I'm excited for Fridays game though.

BiBXujcCcAAro_w.jpg

These pictures. :lol

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Entertaining trade deadline day!

Weirdest/worst trade has to belong to the Avs for trading their 2nd round pick to the Flames for Reto Berra (who's horrible and a UFA this summer).

I just don't get it. Is Reto Berra better than Ben Scrivens, Brygalov, Halak, or any of the UFA goalies that were traded for less? How many games will he even play down the stretch? Maybe half a dozen? Plus the Avs are comfortably in the playoffs anyway.

It's really strange.

Weirdest/worst trade has to belong to the Avs for trading their 2nd round pick to the Flames for Reto Berra (who's horrible and a UFA this summer).

I just don't get it. Is Reto Berra better than Ben Scrivens, Brygalov, Halak, or any of the UFA goalies that were traded for less? How many games will he even play down the stretch? Maybe half a dozen? Plus the Avs are comfortably in the playoffs anyway.

It's really strange.

He's the GOAT goalie when he plays the Hawks

Maybe they think they'll play us in the playoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

You must have missed the robbery Bergevin committed today

7arafxD.gif

Socreges

Banned
Why don't more teams trade with Garth Snow? Not even mibupe was this fucking generous.

TeethMummy seems like a real nice guy. He doesn't deserve this. As bad as the Canucks org is right now, the Islanders have been worse, and for years.

Red_Man

Friedman said today that a lot of the other GM's tried to drag Snow through the dirt all day about Vanek, and Bergevin was straight up with him from the beginning and said to come back to him if he couldn't find a suitor, so he thinks that's a part of why he got him for so cheap.

What's your opinion on Lack, Eriksson and Markstrom all on the same team, with Lack and Eriksson both having been backups for Markstrom for Brynas? :p
Hehe yeah it is a funny situation. The amount of goalie that left for nhl the last years is absurd. Svedberg, Lindbäck and Modig has also been there. Markström is the one i hold most dear, since he came in when the club was at their lowest and saved them from regelation.

Socreges

Banned
Friedman said today that a lot of the other GM's tried to drag Snow through the dirt all day about Vanek, and Bergevin was straight up with him from the beginning and said to come back to him if he couldn't find a suitor, so he thinks that's a part of why he got him for so cheap.
What does this even mean, though? That Bergevin fucked him but asked for his consent first?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What does this even mean, though? That Bergevin fucked him but asked for his consent first?

"I tell you what Snow, if all these other team's offer sound too good to be true, they probably are. Just come back to me and I'll give you a deal. It'll be crap, but at least you'll know what you get."

Bergevin is the dude from Pawn Stars.

Red_Man

I guess so, he's a gentleman. Friedman explained it this way specifically:

- Bergevin asked Snow what he wants for Vanek

- Snow gives high demand, Bergevin says no thanks, and tells him I'm willing to do a 2nd & prospect, if you can't get your price somewhere else come back to me

- Snow spends the rest of the day with GM's trying to get him to take a bunch of Vanek's salaries, and I'm assuming low ball him ever further since he settled on Bergevin's offer

- Snow doesn't get what he originally wants, but goes back to Bergevin to spite the rest of the GM's who have been messing with him

At least that's how Friedman explained it, and he said he knows a other GM's who will go make trades with other guys to spite other GM's who try and mess around with them. Not really all that surprising.

Bergevin is the dude from Pawn Stars.

T1gS7dN.jpg

Socreges

Banned
I guess so, he's a gentleman. Friedman explained it this way specifically:

- Bergevin asked Snow what he wants for Vanek

- Snow gives high demand, Bergevin says no thanks, and tells him I'm willing to do a 2nd & prospect, if you can't get your price somewhere else come back to me

- Snow spends the rest of the day with GM's trying to get him to take a bunch of Vanek's salaries, and I'm assuming low ball him ever further since he settled on Bergevin's offer

- Snow doesn't get what he originally wants, but goes back to Bergevin to spite the rest of the GM's who have been messing with him

At least that's how Friedman explained it, and he said he knows a other GM's who will go make trades with other guys to spite other GM's who try and mess around with them. Not really all that surprising.

T1gS7dN.jpg
I tried to find the source of this (generic search) and Google led me back to your posts!

Sounds like Snow did what all GMs do and took the best offer. The horrible part is that he put himself in this situation in the first place. The Islanders pick could potentially be first overall... and they don't have it... and the reason they don't have it is already gone. Unbelievable.

Red_Man

I tried to find the source of this (generic search) and Google led me back to your posts!

Sounds like Snow did what all GMs do and took the best offer. The horrible part is that he put himself in this situation in the first place. The Islanders pick could potentially be first overall... and they don't have it... and the reason they don't have it is already gone. Unbelievable.
You think I made it all up? You caught me Detective Socreges!

He said this on the air today with a Montreal radio host here:

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=17

His bit is on the second page I believe. Says other GM's were playing hard ball with Snow, and were waiting for him to fold at the end. This is all Friedman's theory, also mentions that Vanek was out late the night before an Olympic game and was called out for it, and believes that may have hurt his value. The part I mentioned about other teams wanting Snow to take on some of Vanek's salary is just something I've read a few times on twitter today, not from Friedman.

Red_Man

Sounds like a good way to start my own rumour blog. Most of the stuff I post from Friedman / LeBrun comes from the radio segments they do in Montreal. They tend to get into details more specifically, and have pretty good relationships with the people there.

Who do you think won this trade?

Montreal - 94.3%

NY Islanders - 5.7%
I feel bad for those 5.7%

So apparently the reason Kesler stayed a Canuck was because Shero offered trash for him. Sutter and two picks was the offer.

Anaheim's deal was also pretty rubbish with Etem, 1st and 2nd.

So apparently the reason Kesler stayed a Canuck was because Shero offered trash for him. Sutter and two picks was the offer.

Considering Holland traded a top prospect for Legwand, I'm surprised we didn't get Kesler. Holland probably offered Nyquist+Tatar+Smith+Jurco+2014 1st+2015 1st.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, that was the offer that he probably made for Hudler or something.....

And by the way, it looks like Jarnkrok denied the rumors of going back to Sweden and such... I really wish this season didn't exist. I may catch a few minutes tonight to celebrate Old #5 and watch Legwand get injured or something then turn the game off and forget the Wings exist.

Considering Holland traded a top prospect for Legwand, I'm surprised we didn't get Kesler. Holland probably offered Nyquist+Tatar+Smith+Jurco+2014 1st+2015 1st.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, that was the offer that he probably made for Hudler or something.....

And by the way, it looks like Jarnkrok denied the rumors of going back to Sweden and such... I really wish this season didn't exist. I may catch a few minutes tonight to celebrate Old #5 and watch Legwand get injured or something then turn the game off and forget the Wings exist.

We're taking you're wild card spot!

And then we're going to get fucking smoked by the Penguins!

YAY!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I woke up this morning thinking I'd have reconciled everything in my mind but I'm even more furious the guy gave up so quickly on Jarnkrok. Plus, even worse, he implied that Joakim Andersson was a better talent. They need to take off the rose-colored glasses and realize that Zetterberg and Datsyuk are getting old. Both have injury problems (I have a feeling Zetterberg's is going to cut his career short) and won't be around much longer.

Holland pls.

Curufinwe

I'm guessing the BSchenn + 1st offer that was reported was never actually made.

Can I join?

As long as you guys stay below us in the standings, then yes.

Can I join :(

You guys won last night and are ahead of us, so no.

I woke up this morning thinking I'd have reconciled everything in my mind but I'm even more furious the guy gave up so quickly on Jarnkrok. Plus, even worse, he implied that Joakim Andersson was a better talent. They need to take off the rose-colored glasses and realize that Zetterberg and Datsyuk are getting old. Both have injury problems (I have a feeling Zetterberg's is going to cut his career short) and won't be around much longer.

Holland pls.

Yup, while we still have a ton of great forward prospects, Jarnkrok was easily our top center prospect and he has a ton of potential. Also him and Pulky were both developing chemistry in the AHL.

Solo

I'm thinking about lines......MT is a dummy, so he won't see that AGally-Pleks-Vanek is a can't miss.

So assuming I'm right and he fucks that up......how about reuniting the EGG line? Something like:

Patches-DD-Gio
Vanek-Pleks-Briere
AGally-Eller-BGally
Prust-White-Moen/Bourque

Of course I'd prefer:

Patches-DD-BGally
Vanek-Pleks-AGally
Briere-Eller-Gio
Prust/White/Moen (Bourque on a bus to Siberia)

I'm thinking about lines......MT is a dummy, so he won't see that AGally-Pleks-Vanek is a can't miss.

So assuming I'm right and he fucks that up......how about reuniting the EGG line? Something like:

Patches-DD-Gio
Vanek-Pleks-Briere
AGally-Eller-BGally
Prust-White-Moen/Bourque

Of course I'd prefer:

Patches-DD-BGally
Vanek-Pleks-AGally
Briere-Eller-Gio
Prust/White/Moen (Bourque on a bus to Siberia)

The minute Vanek comes in:

Therrien: "We're a grinding team. Respek"

Cake Boss

Banned
Traittersson was the one that was keeping him from playing Greening, Smith and Neil as our top line and playing Michalek for 21min.

hahahahahahahaha

You think you have it bad?

I'll be AT the game tonight...

I'm seriously considering not even staying for the game (who am I kidding, I'll stay and watch them get beatdown). I'm only going to see #5 go up and to watch the Sheahan/Jurco/Tartar line. What a mess this team is.

Edit: I hope to god Hakan Anderson can find a couple of top six center prospects late in this years draft otherwise we have to look forward to a Joakim Anderson centered top line in a few years

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty St. Louis led all Rangers forwards in ice time last night at 20:11. So much for easing him into the lineup.

Diaz will be joining up with the team in Carolina.

Spl1nter

Poor Walrus, from coaching genius to bum in a calendar year.

Pension Plan Muppets ‏@mlse 1h
Maybe Maclean was lucky last year? RT @SensNation: Insanity…
BiC9J-GCAAA2GEl.jpg

The thing that sucks about Clarkson is we didnt resign MacArthur because of him.

yyzjohn

Banned
Marty St. Louis led all Rangers forwards in ice time last night at 20:11. So much for easing him into the lineup.

For a supposed "Leafs killer", his teams have lost the last 3 games against the Leafs.

Edit: 3 games against the Leafs this year, St. Louis has 1 assist and is a -4.

Top Bottom