• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Socreges

Banned
I don't want to say anything about True Detective that would spoil anyone in the slightest....

I'll just say this: give them all the fucking Emmys. All of them. Outstanding Comedy, too. It's somehow still funnier than half the shows nominated every year.

And I'm hoping the DVD/BR release has a Collector's Edition. I'd be all over that.

Heretic

I don't want to say anything about True Detective that would spoil anyone in the slightest....

I'll just say this: give them all the fucking Emmys. All of them. Outstanding Comedy, too. It's somehow still funnier than half the shows nominated every year.

And I'm hoping the DVD/BR release has a Collector's Edition. I'd be all over that.

Overrated!!!

Socreges

Banned
SOMEONE WITH A CONFLICTING OPINION AGAINST THE POPULAR OPINION? TIME TO MAKE A SEPARATE FUCKING THREAD ABOUT IT.
Seems like the guy wants to hate on something that's popular and he thought using a TV critic's thoughts would give him more validity.

Joke's on him. TV critics are fucking idiots.

Delryk

So i just heard on the radio here in montreal that Prices' injury is not his groin.... he's got water on the knee (knee effusion). And its not the same knee as before (think he had this like 2 years ago). Much worse than a groin problem...

Take it as you will though... rumour on montreal radio stations...

Curufinwe

That can be a tough issue to resolve.

MB_MILTON_BRADLEY_OPERATION_SKILL_GAME_4545_WHITE_PLASTIC_FUNATOMY_WATER_ON_THE_KNEE_BUCKET.JPG

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So i just heard on the radio here in montreal that Prices' injury is not his groin.... he's got water on the knee (knee effusion). And its not the same knee as before (think he had this like 2 years ago). Much worse than a groin problem...

Take it as you will though... rumour on montreal radio stations...

ioggc0zzp1N9z.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently Marc Staal wants to stay a Ranger long term and wants to get his contract taken care of over the summer so he doesn't have to go through what Girardi and Callahan just did. A little surprising since a lot of the talk was that Marc would want to go join his brothers in Carolina in free agency. Guess Slats trading away his captain might have put the fear of god into the other impending free agents.

And apparently if the Bolts don't re-sign Callahan, the Sabres and Panthers are both prepared to throw money at him.

LevelNth

Banned
You know how console fanboys beat you over the head with rhetoric as to why you're such an asshole when you don't agree with them? It's basically that, but in threads about relationships/sex.

I ain't goin full Soc in here.
Oh Devo as in Devolution the poster, I know that girl. I've seen her posts here and there over the years, usually just in Off Topic, pretty insufferable at times.

What's most ironic is how evident it is that she is constantly trying to convince herself of most of her posts. I'm sure she's gone through some stuff in the past, it's just too bad most of the time it seems her contributions to discussions are nothing more than underhanded insults.

Oh Devo as in Devolution the poster, I know that girl. I've seen her posts here and there over the years, usually just in Off Topic, pretty insufferable at times.

What's most ironic is how evident it is that she is constantly trying to convince herself of most of her posts. I'm sure she's gone through some stuff in the past, it's just too bad most of the time it seems her contributions to discussions are nothing more than underhanded insults.

It's called adulthood.

ANYWAY

SUCK IT JETS

LevelNth

Banned
It's called adulthood.
I skimmed the thread quick so I may be incorrectly paraphrasing but my favorite was when she seemed to almost boast that 'attractive people who are friends and around each other often usually screw and still hang out'.

THIS IS WHAT WE DO BRO CAN YOU DEAL?!

I am on episode 2 of True Detective. Interesting show, I can't tell if I like it because McConaughey can actually act and who fucking knew? Or because the writing is good. I'm waiting for dat twist or something.

zroid

Banned
Rogers just confirmed the Stroumboulopoulos rumour (with other details)

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/03/10/george-stroumboulopoulos-added-to-hockey-night-in-canada/

Talk-show host George Stroumboulopoulos is joining the Hockey Night in Canada lineup, Rogers Communications confirmed Monday.

Stroumboulopoulos, Don Cherry, Ron MacLean, Daren Millard and Jeff Marek will be the “cornerstones” of the broadcaster’s NHL coverage, Rogers said in a statement.

Coach’s Corner will remain virtually unchanged with Cherry alongside MacLean.

“George is one of the smartest and most versatile broadcasters in the business,” Scott Moore, president of Sportsnet & NHL Properties for Rogers, said in a statement.

“Ron and Don are icons in the hockey world. Along with Daren and Jeff, our new broadcast team brings a tremendous amount of talent, expertise and personality – and most importantly, they all possess a supreme passion for hockey.”

MacLean is the show’s current host.

Stroumboulopoulos will host not only the marquee Saturday night show but also other broadcasts on City, Sportsnet and other platforms, Rogers announced.

The NHL and Rogers signed a $5.2-billion broadcast rights deal last fall. Under the contract, Hockey Night in Canada will remain on the CBC for at least the next four years.

George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight, Stroumboulopoulos’s current program on the CBC, will end after this season, the broadcaster announced Monday.

The program has run for 10 years.

“Hockey is one of my deep-seated passions and I’m thrilled to be going full circle, returning to my roots in sports broadcasting,” Stroumboulopoulos said in a statement.

“It’s a dream for me to work with Ron MacLean and Don Cherry, as well as my old friend Jeff Marek who I started my career with. I’m also looking forward to working with Daren Millard and the entire team at Rogers.”

zroid

Banned
Any word on PJ Stock and Glen Healy?

It kind of sounds like CBC is not going to be doing in-house coverage anymore, but rather their future HNIC broadcasts will be the same format as Sportsnet's, just on a different network. But I don't really know...

Bad news: Detroit sucks and will probably lose tomorrow putting them in a deeper whole and more and more likely to miss the playoffs....

Good news: Titanfall comes out tomorrow which means I can play that instead of watch the Wings lose. Yay!

ShaneB

Stroumboulopoulos, Don Cherry, Ron MacLean, Daren Millard and Jeff Marek will be the “cornerstones” of the broadcaster’s NHL coverage, Rogers said in a statement.

Besides Cherry's ramblings, I like all those cornerstones. Sounds good to me.

Edit: lol yeah at it coming full circle for Marek.

Top Bottom