• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
"If this isn't rock bottom, I don't know what is," Bieksa said late last week.

Well, Kev, there's your answer.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Going into the 3rd period up 3-0, then the Islanders score a franchise record 7 goals on us in one period. My reaction to this very skillfull tank move by the Canucks summed up:

5002395+_a7b39af0b66e95623cbc82200a063e6a.jpg

No way would Gillis get rid of him after less than a season.

Gillis will be gone too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I imagine Lu is sitting at home with the Canucks game on and the Budweiser goal lamp beside him along with a bottle of lotion.

No way would Gillis get rid of him after less than a season.
We're about to find out, I don't see how he can survive this.

iLLmAtlc

Is there any truth to the rumour that Tortorella was signed over Gillis' head?

I'm not sure how much this is worth but John Shorthouse (Nucks PBP) told a story one time about his conversation with Laurence Gilman (Assistant GM) after AV was fired. Shorthouse jokingly said "you're not gonna hire Tortorella are you?!" and Gilman started rattling off all of the good things Torts has done too.

So I kinda doubt it was just Aquilini who wanted Torts because it sounds like the assistant GM wanted him too. Most likely they all did.

calder

If anyone ever wondered what rock bottom looks like, here you go:
The reaction of the crowd was eerie silence. They didn't even boo, just stunned.

After being kept in for 6 goals for no earthly reason Lack needs to demand a trade Roy-style. We'll give the Canucks Pavelec, pls sign offer and fax back asap.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://i.minus.com/ibtOx7vT2ixUKa.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]Wow. Why couldn't you have been a Habs fan you bastard?!

[quote="calder, post: 103897038"]The reaction of the crowd was eerie silence. They didn't even boo, just stunned.

After being kept in for 6 goals for no earthly reason Lack needs to demand a trade Roy-style. We'll give the Canucks Pavelec, pls sign offer and fax back asap.[/QUOTE]Such an awful situation for Lack, he was thrown into the lion's pit and will get eaten alive.

calder

Eddie is so sad, I want to cry.

#prayforeddie

But really why the fuck did Torts do that? Is he trying to make sure he's fired the day after the season ends? I think the Canucks ownership has shown they are too cheap for that, Torts is going to have to quit

Top Bottom