• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Dude really gets the shit end of the stick, I hope he is traded for peanuts and tears it up on another team.

Oh he's a perfectly capable goaltender to do that with another team, but ever since the Leafs traded for Bernier his days were numbered and his leash was reduced to an inch.

Quick

Banned
Tonight's not our night!

Leafs retreat!

ilSjPfFBXzIlI.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does Clarkson get booed at home yet? I feel like if he was a Hab he would already be at that point in Montreal

Cudder

Someone tell me the reasoning why Bernier isn't playing. He was red hot last night. Does Carlyle not want to tire him out playing back to back games? Tired shouldn't be in a pro athletes vocabulary.

This happens every time Reimer is in net. At this point I think a tired Bernier is better than Reimer.

Someone tell me the reasoning why Bernier isn't playing. He was red hot last night. Does Carlyle not want to tire him out playing back to back games? Tired shouldn't be in a pro athletes vocabulary.

This happens every time Reimer is in net. At this point I think a tired Bernier is better than Reimer.

They've split back to back all season and Carlyle wants to put him in against LA on Thursday for obvious reasons.

calder

Whoa, let's all pray Kadri is ok after that devastating hit into the boards. Was that a piledriver then a leg drop or a powerbomb with people's elbow for the finisher? Either way, let's hope he has any vertebrae left after that viscous tap to the back.

EDIT: the Leafs PP precedes the team it seems, all the Sharks penalty killers are thinking 'sugar time! get me a shorty!' ;)

Merguson

Banned

Saving him for his old team later this week.

Samyy

Oh your one of those

Red_Man

With the amount of pucks the Leafs allow their goalies to see, I don't think it's physically safe to allow him to play in a B2B against the Ducks & Sharks. I'm not joking either.

zroid

Banned

They made the right call this time. Bernier had a really fucking intense game last night, and this was gonna be at least equally so.

Reimer hasn't been that bad anyway, the Leafs have just been completely torn to shreds here. He really really needs to sort out those rebounds though.

The goal that the Sharks score on this 5-on-3 is also Reimers fault
In fact I hear Reimer was instrumental in getting Clarkson signed so thats his fault too!

I wish I was joking but all of this is sadly true. You should see HFBoards. Team plays like shit? It's Reimer's fault.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dude really gets the shit end of the stick, I hope he is traded for peanuts and tears it up on another team.

He still hasn't improved his rebound control though, it's been a problem for him ever since he broke into the league. He doesn't necessarily have to swallow everything, but he could at least deflect them into the corners.

Red_Man

He still hasn't improved his rebound control though, it's been a problem for him ever since he broke into the league. He doesn't necessarily have to swallow everything, but he could at least deflect them into the corners.
That's true, but Leafs play like garbage in front of him, and with how many shots they're letting get put on Reimer, it doesn't really matter what his rebound control is like. Bernier has played out of this world this year, I don't see him sustaining that over the next few years, just like Anderson last season.

eyeless

can't disappoint a guy with no expectations

we scored a goal tho habs whassup, also that 5 on 3 ok these are our small victories

calder

You know what I just remembered, Tortorella was signed for 5 years :lol

I'm sure that's exactly what's been going through his head the last few days. He's not going to quit, and the team looks like they'll have to fire him but does he really care? He must look at the Canucks squad and realize he can't do shit with that - the team has missed its window and he's probably not the right guy to get the most out of it anyway. So Torts gets fired from a disastrous situation he can't fix, takes a buyout that pays him most of what he'd make (if not all?) for the next 4 years and kicks back and waits for a better fit to come around. I'd be pretty fucking chill too.

When Torts had his weirdly pleasant press conference after the game last night, this was all I could think about:
wqrmqy7yax.gif

Top Bottom