• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Looooooool mach 9 scores.

Wingels and Sheppard are killin it.

frabz-THATS-NOT-TRUE-THATS-IMPOSSIBLE-0ad751.jpg

EDIT:

Cake Boss, don't have an aneurysm here.
28. Bryan Murray had some calls about Jared Cowen, who's had a rough season. He didn't bite. "I believe this guy is going to be a really good player for a long time," Murray said. "He's lost his confidence. We're going to send him home in the summer and start fresh next year with a new outlook. That's all it is."

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Budaj starting. Hopefully this will be Vaneks coming out party for the Habs. Therrien is an idiot though so probably not.

calder

I'm spending the day coming to terms with the fact the Jets will play a bottomed out Canucks squad that will almost certainly play a great bounceback game tonight. Prediction: 3-1 Canucks, and I pretend I'm more happy about the draft positioning.

I'm spending the day coming to terms with the fact the Jets will play a bottomed out Canucks squad that will almost certainly play a great bounceback game tonight. Prediction: 3-1 Canucks, and I pretend I'm more happy about the draft positioning.

Leave our high draft position alone!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I will break my anger/not caring about hockey to post this for ya'll. Saw this on gaming side, pretty good deal and it works for whatever else you put in your cart. Seems to be 20% off of whatever you want:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783363

Also, can google ads stop putting up Wings ads up please, I really don't want to know this team exists right now, thanks. Back to hibernation.

US only.

Also cue outrage from existing owners...

I couldn't care less myself.

Getting two points was probably the best we could hope for given the circumstances. If the Leafs could actually beat both the Ducks and Sharks, despite a back to back, road trip, and late start games then they would have had to shut down the Western Conference for being an embarrassment.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, the Canadian media gave Torts shit just for saying he wanted Sweden to beat Canada at the Olympics?

How embarrassing...

Curufinwe

It would be nice to just skip to the end of March. I can't see the Flyers winning more than three of these next 9 games.

Pit twice
Chi
Dal
StL
LA
NYR
Tor
Bos

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like AV is testing out some new defense pairings at practice today. John Moore is skating with Raphael Diaz, Justin Falk with Kevin Klein.

Moore and Diaz are working on the second PP unit as well.

fallout

Everyone knows that the best draft picks are around 10th overall.

Booted up Diablo 3 for the first time in years and it seems a lot better. The loot is good and all the difficulty modes are already unlocked. I may actually bother getting my character to level 60 (currently 37).

zroid

Banned
Booted up Diablo 3 for the first time in years and it seems a lot better. The loot is good and all the difficulty modes are already unlocked. I may actually bother getting my character to level 60 (currently 37).

I should try to get back into it. I quit halfway through Nightmare before. I didn't hate the game like many others, probably 'cause it was my first Diablo game and I wasn't really expecting anything more than what I got. But by the same token I didn't see why I should keep playing this thing over and over either. Had fun during the time I put in.

I will break my anger/not caring about hockey to post this for ya'll. Saw this on gaming side, pretty good deal and it works for whatever else you put in your cart. Seems to be 20% off of whatever you want:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783363

Also, can google ads stop putting up Wings ads up please, I really don't want to know this team exists right now, thanks. Back to hibernation.

That is a great deal. The XB1 is such an amazing console. Hopefully a bunch of people are able to get in on it.

Acid08

Banned
Getting two points was probably the best we could hope for given the circumstances. If the Leafs could actually beat both the Ducks and Sharks, despite a back to back, road trip, and late start games then they would have had to shut down the Western Conference for being an embarrassment.
Whew, I was worried that no Leafs fans had tried to make excuses for them yet. Thank god you're here.

Socreges

Banned
I know, other than money out of the owner's pockets. I still don't understand what they were thinking though, I'm certain Tortorella would have signed for three.
I'm not so sure he would have. It's also a show of confidence and a mandate..... not that I think it was a good idea.

I assume the Canucks' owners viewed Tortorella as a short-term solution. The 5 year term was probably just to get him to sign.

What did you guys think about Vancouver's apology letter from Gillis?

I really, really hate those things.
I just hate that he used the word "retool". Our core is way too old for a retool. Rebuild that shit.

Ugh, the Canadian media gave Torts shit just for saying he wanted Sweden to beat Canada at the Olympics?

How embarrassing...
He apologised, too. 2013/14 Torts is fucking boring.

Sanjuro

That is a great deal. The XB1 is such an amazing console. Hopefully a bunch of people are able to get in on it.

It's trash. The guy at Best Buy told me he was getting Tttanfall on PC because it was only 720p! I mean, he works at Best Buy. How could I not listen to that slander??

Paul Carey and Brad Malone are playing against the Hawks tonight.. Wilson and Sarich are scratched. Giguere talking retirement after this year. I sure hope Allaire can groom Berra.

Wilson.. man, what happened to you. :(

I should try to get back into it. I quit halfway through Nightmare before. I didn't hate the game like many others, probably 'cause it was my first Diablo game and I wasn't really expecting anything more than what I got. But by the same token I didn't see why I should keep playing this thing over and over either. Had fun during the time I put in.

One of the few games I regret buying Day 1. Co-op was fun but after beating the game once we had no desire to play through it again just to get to 60. I know that's the appeal of Diablo but it just wasn't my thing.

Diablo is a much, much better game after the big patch. I spent 60+ hours on my Monk during original release, found maybe 2 Legendary items in that time and I couldn't use either of them. New loot system fixes that.

calder

Fellow monk!

I really enjoyed playing D3 again for a few hours. Great stuff, but I want to hold off on the expansion and get it for PS4. I'll probably buckle and pick it up on PC.

calder

One of the 6 teams Kesler would accept a trade to was Colorado, I guess he doesn't know about our center situation.

Not sure why, but I'm surprised he said no to the Rangers and especially the Flyers. I generally assume that the Flyers make most players short list of destinations... unless it's one of those "Florida or *maybe* California only" guys who seem to have taxes/weather as their only criteria. Is the team good? Don't give a shit no tax beaches wooooo.

According to who?

Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts.

Elliotte Friedman said:
3. It is believed the six teams to which Kesler would accept a deal at the deadline were Anaheim, Chicago, Colorado, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Only two -- the Ducks and Penguins -- were really in it, though.

Not sure why, but I'm surprised he said no to the Rangers and especially the Flyers. I generally assume that the Flyers make most players short list of destinations... unless it's one of those "Florida or *maybe* California only" guys who seem to have taxes/weather as their only criteria. Is the team good? Don't give a shit no tax beaches wooooo.

No to the Rangers was pretty obvious with AV being there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He probably declined the Rangers because of AV and the Flyers because they're not exactly cup contenders.

Socreges

Banned
Colorado is the one that seems bizarre to me.

Maybe I'm too skeptical of these sorts of qualified reports ("it is believed..."), but so often they're mostly fluff and seem just like educated guesswork.

Colorado is the one that seems bizarre to me.

Maybe I'm too skeptical of these sorts of qualified reports ("it is believed..."), but so often they're mostly fluff and seem just like educated guesswork.

Friedman always seems really good though, he was right about the Avs bringing in Sakic for hockey operations before it happened and our organization is notoriously tight lipped.

Smiley90

Colorado's core is young, they'll be legit cup contenders for the next few years, if not this year. Same with Tampa.

Also I'm happy Boston wasn't on that list :lol

Socreges

Banned
Friedman always seems really good though, he was right about the Avs bringing in Sakic for hockey operations before it happened and our organization is notoriously tight lipped.
People forget just how many reports/rumours/tidbits these guys float out there. We only remember the stuff that sticks.

Colorado's core is young, they'll be legit cup contenders for the next few years, if not this year. Same with Tampa.

Also I'm happy Boston wasn't on that list :lol
Colorado has Duchene, O'Reilly, Mac, and Stastny at centre with some already forced to the wing..

Smiley90

People forget just how many reports/rumours/tidbits these guys float out there. We only remember the stuff that sticks.

Colorado has Duchene, O'Reilly, Mac, and Stastny at centre with some already forced to the wing..

Ah I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about the organization.

Yeah that's a bit odd indeed. Given that the Pens have Crosby&Malkin, I'm just assuming that he's totally okay with playing RW.

Curufinwe

He probably declined the Rangers because of AV and the Flyers because they're not exactly cup contenders.

Flyers are a playoff bubble team, and getting Kesler wouldn't have changed that unless Vancouver gave him away. Same with Detroit. Pittsburgh always made much more sense.

zroid

Banned
Holy shit!!!
OJ7VS5R.jpg

Post from 3 months ago.

My daughter has taken to a pretty cool way to eat cupcakes, especially ones with lots of frosting. She cuts it down the middle, flips the top half over, and sandwiches the frosting into the two halves. Then eats it like a frosting sandwich.

Prevents the frosting from getting everywhere, and distributes into every bite, not just the top half.

Knew it'd be the only way I'd eat cupcakes from then on. Except I haven't actually had a cupcake since...

Top Bottom