• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is the first game that will be on NBC rivalry night that is actually a legit rivalry.

I'd be somewhat confident in Budaj if he didn't have a .895 sv % in his last 5 games....

I hate frosting...

I hate frosting too. Fucking bullshit.

You're both terrible people.

This is the first game that will be on NBC rivalry night that is actually a legit rivalry.

I'd be somewhat confident in Budaj if he didn't have a .895 sv % in his last 5 games....

Going to have to switch between the Hawks game and this one.

Is the rivalry still as nasty as it was in past years, or is it a bit more tame now?

Maybe Kesler wants to be the number 1 centre in Colorado?

I still think the Canucks will stand pat until the offseason, then fire Gillis/Torts and spend a ton on a UFA winger or two (sadly the pool is kind of weak this year).

Still have too many forwards (I didn't even include Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, etc.) so they might trade a couple for picks.

Winger-Kesler-Higgins
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Hansen-Matthias-Burrows
Jensen-Richardson-Santorelli
Sestito

On defense, trade Edler:

Hamhuis-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa
Garrison-Corrado
Weber

Get a veteran backup for Lack:

Lack
Vet
Markstrom

RFA's: Kassian, Tanev, Schroeder, Archibald, Dalpe, Weber
UFA's: Santorelli, Alberts

They'll have $15.6M in cap space for next year after buying out Booth. Tanev and Santorelli will get raises (say, $3M and 2M). That's $10.6M for a winger and a backup vet.

Core still looks the same though. =\

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tanev is an RFA this summer? Sheeeeit. I thought he'd signed a 2-yr deal

Yeah didn't we just go through this whole ordeal with his father or something last year? damnit I hope we sign him long-term this year.

Yeah didn't we just go through this whole ordeal with his father or something last year? damnit I hope we sign him long-term this year.

I guess they got him cheap this year ($1.5M one year) with the belief that he'd get a big raise with his next contract.

Markstrom is on a 1 way next season, this waiver eligible. I doubt he would clear waivers.

Well that sucks. Looks like next year is a bust as well. McDavid here we come!

Acid08

Banned
Just read the news about Peverly being out for the rest of the season, that really sucks for the Stars. But hopefully after this is all done he'll be in much better shape than before.

Stars-Gaf, how do you think him being out is going to impact your playoff chances?

Red_Man

Are people expecting him to come back? Ever? I don't know why he would risk it, at the end of the day it's just a sport, I'm sure he'd be able to find a job in the NHL through hockey operations.

Acid08

Banned
Are people expecting him to come back? Ever? I don't know why he would risk it, at the end of the day it's just a sport, I'm sure he'd be able to find a job in the NHL through hockey operations.
All depends on what the doctors tell him, probably. If he's cleared to play again I can definitely see him coming back.

Steve Konawalchuk had to retire because of a heart condition. Hope that's not the case for Peverley, but health comes first.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Peverly is most likely done. But not without trying I'm sure.

Let's not forget Jiri Fischer about 8 years ago. He actually spoke about his experience on TSN radio a few days ago.

He did say if possible he would like to talk to Peverly.

Red_Man

Making fun of kids now? That's pretty low Calder, come on man.

A Winnipeg Sun story about an 11-year-old hockey fan who was taunted at a Jets game last week has struck a chord with NHL star John Tavares of the New York Islanders.
Jake Lotocki is an Islanders fan who attended last Tuesday’s Winnipeg-Islanders game wearing his Tavares jersey. But the experience turned ugly when he was jeered by several fans after the game, one getting in his face and yelling, ‘You suck! Go home, loser!”......After reading how Lotocki had to leave the arena with his jersey crumpled up so people wouldn’t see it, Tavares suggested sending the boy a new one, autographed by his favourite player.

More

Smiley90

Fischer retired after his heart episode too and got a job at Hockey Operations.

I hope Peverley gets good medical advice on whether he should at all continue. I can see him WANTING to come back, but I don't want him to risk it, rather have him get a job somewhere in hockey.

Smiley90

I'd rather watch Colorado smash us again tonight than the NBA.

why the fuck would anyone watch the NBA? Aren't basically all NBA games decided either a) by how much money teams have to spend or b) the last 5 minutes?

"Fire everyone.

Fire the coach.

Fire his assistants.

Fire the GM."

Good start to any Canucks-related article these days

calder

Making fun of kids now? That's pretty low Calder, come on man.

More

TWIST: that's my nephew, I just heckled him harshly out of concern he's not getting good morals, and also I wanted him to get some free shit from the team. But mainly like a small but noticeable percentage of sports fans I seemingly can't moderate my public drinking or behavior apparently.

Good on JT though, nice for that kid.

ATF487

Got my hockeystreams account set up, pretty awesome so far. Love that you can watch entire archived games.

I complain about the site sometimes but it really is fantastic, better than any of the official streaming solutions I've used for other sports.

Wonder if the Bruins will break their streak of misery against the Canadiens tonight

Top Bottom