• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Quick

Banned
Ducks shopping Vatanen. Any takers?

We'll flip you Ranger.

Great veteran defenceman, great makeup artist.

459823679.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Chicago Blackhawks. One of the best defensive teams in the league. One of the best coached teams in the league"

......what the fuck team have you been watching, Pierre?

Hey, you want to hear stupid comments?

Last night in between periods, Darren Eliot said that "Brian Campbell would look good in a Red Wings jersey."

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey, you want to hear stupid comments?

Last night in between periods, Darren Eliot said that "Brian Campbell would look good in a Red Wings jersey."

Brian Campbell WOULD look awesome in a Wings jersey, especially if they had to trade somebody like Tatar or Nyquist to get him.

Solo

We should have moved Eller last year if we were gonna move him. You know, when people were actually calling about him? Now his return will be a pittance.

On the upside, Eller gone forces AGally to centre. HNNNNNGGG.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We should have moved Eller last year if we were gonna move him. You know, when people were actually calling about him? Now his return will be a pittance.

On the upside, Eller gone forces AGally to centre. hnnnnnnng.

I'd rather Desharnais going forces AGally to centre. That's the spot he should be occupying, Eller can continue playing in a shutdown role, DD can't.

I don't know why I'm even paying attention with hope for something to happen. I'm hopeful we can get a good D-man since we need one but I don't want to give up what it will take to get one. Though with all these injuries we probably will start slowly going downhill if we don't get some much needed help.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know why I'm even paying attention with hope for something to happen. I'm hopeful we can get a good D-man since we need one but I don't want to give up what it will take to get one. Though with all these injuries we probably will start slowly going downhill if we don't get some much needed help.

......like Brian Campbell?

Solo

I'd rather Desharnais going forces AGally to centre. That's the spot he should be occupying, Eller can continue playing in a shutdown role, DD can't.

I hate DD probably more than anyone lol, but........he's producing and Eller has regressed this season post-injury.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hate DD probably more than anyone lol, but........he's producing and Eller has regressed this season post-injury.

Yeah but I think you can easily replace DD with Galchenyuk on that line and he's at least as effective, while Eller can continue on the third line.

If we trade Eller, then you only have Plekanec left as a good defensive centre. Eller's been a black hole on offense this season, but he's still doing something when he's not scoring, unlike DD. Of course Desharnais is probably untradeable at this point still.

Solo

Yeah but I think you can easily replace DD with Galchenyuk on that line and he's at least as effective, while Eller can continue on the third line.

If we trade Eller, then you only have Plekanec left as a good defensive centre. Eller's been a black hole on offense this season, but he's still doing something when he's not scoring, unlike DD. Of course Desharnais is probably untradeable at this point still.

All true, but I've given up on the DD trade/line demotion dream at this point. If they flip Larry, our centre situation for the remainder of the season would probably be:

1: DD
2: Pleky
3: AGally
4: White

Then hopefully next season AGally steals DD's job.

If they do trade Eller, it had better be for a winger.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, just saw a Brooks report from earlier this morning that the Rangers have gotten several calls about Brian Boyle.

pringles

TSN guys saying 70-80% chance Wings miss the playoffs.

They're seriously overrating us. We have no centers. 90+% we miss the playoffs right now.

They're seriously overrating us. We have no centers. 90+% we miss the playoffs right now.

Oh great, now I feel even more depressed. Oh, and we'll have to listen to everyone say, "I told you this was the year!". Yet completely ignore the fact that half our team has been injured for the entire season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, just saw a Brooks report from earlier this morning that the Rangers have gotten several calls about Brian Boyle.

I bet Bergevin called.

All true, but I've given up on the DD trade/line demotion dream at this point. If they flip Larry, our centre situation for the remainder of the season would probably be:

1: DD
2: Pleky
3: AGally
4: White

Then hopefully next season AGally steals DD's job.

If they do trade Eller, it had better be for a winger.

I'm still worried about giving up on Eller too early. I know he's had a couple seasons under his belt now, but I think he's more like last season, than this.

Solo

I bet Bergevin called.

I'm still worried about giving up on Eller too early. I know he's had a couple seasons under his belt now, but I think he's more like last season, than this.

Oh I haven't given up on Eller. But as long as MT is our coach, he's never going to flourish.

yyzjohn

Banned
Oh I haven't given up on Eller. But as long as MT is our coach, he's never going to flourish.

Amazing how some players just don't fit into a coach's plans or system, Eller might be great someplace else, but like you said the Habs are selling low if they deal him.

What's the take on MT? Is he there for the long haul in Montreal or will he be on the hot seat if the team flounders down the stretch?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

When your slowest center is on your first line, that's a major problem.

Oh great, now I feel even more depressed. Oh, and we'll have to listen to everyone say, "I told you this was the year!". Yet completely ignore the fact that half our team has been injured for the entire season.

Told you so.

I kid, I kid. Seriously, though, the fact that Babcock/Holland took FOREVER to start benching the old guys and bring up the young guys is just as much to blame as the injuries.

Solo

What's the take on MT? Is he there for the long haul in Montreal or will he be on the hot seat if the team flounders down the stretch?

MT's likely going to get them into the playoffs again, so he'll be around next season. Him and Bergevin are friends (ugh), so it's a situation eerily similar to Burke/Wilson.

My gut tells me that, just like what happened in Toronto, Bergevin won't fire MT until his own job is on the line too.

Merguson

Banned
So basically the Leafs want hockey trades. No rentals, and no giving up players for picks.

I guess we'll just go with what we have. No problem with that. No need to start blowing your load on rentals.

When your slowest center is on your first line, that's a major problem.

Told you so.

I kid, I kid. Seriously, though, the fact that Babcock/Holland took FOREVER to start benching the old guys and bring up the young guys is just as much to blame as the injuries.

The injuries have been the real killer though, but yeah the old guys playing until halfway through they year hurt too.

yyzjohn

Banned
So basically the Leafs want hockey trades. No rentals, and no giving up players for picks.

I guess we'll just go with what we have. No problem with that. No need to start blowing your load on rentals.

What a novel concept, not selling your team out from under you.

Top Bottom