• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Wazzy

Banned
Until the offseason, but if they miss the playoffs there will be a lot of talk about rebuilding in the offseason and he is one of the pieces they have that could fetch a good return.
I was thinking if he doesn't get traded then maybe they've got plans for him but who knows. He still hasn't waived his NTC, right? It's the biggest reason I'm seeing a chance of him staying but maybe he's waiting for the right team.

I bet you Kesler gets traded today. This is just a last-minute ploy to get the prices up.

Maybe. I hope not. :(

Cake Boss

Banned
Bh-Yv_PCQAAqi6k.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think we are stuck with MT unless we have a catastrophic season again finishing near the bottom. As long as we are fighting for a playoff spot he is staying.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There was talk yesterday that the BJs were trying to ship Gaby off to the Kings, so I guess that's happening.

Looks like Lundqvist starts tonight against the Leafs.

EDIT: Let's get this done quick so we can have MSL in the lineup tonight!

Ryan Callahan + "significant" draft picks for St Louis, according to McKenzie.

Wowza.

1st round pick included. Tampa apparently would not want to sign Callahan beyond a "short-term" deal. So he's a rental.

Wow.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
TSN 1200 here in Ottawa were ripping on Paul Maclean this morning. Can't say it's not well deserved, it's about time the coach gets his fair share of criticism for dumbass coaching decisions.

Cake Boss

Banned
TSN 1200 here in Ottawa were ripping on Paul Maclean this morning. Can't say it's not well deserved, it's about time the coach gets his fair share of criticism for dumbass coaching decisions.

Yeah Lloyd was going all in on that, hes one of the few I can stand in that station.

Silexx

MacLean is not beyond reproach and certainly there were glaring issues last night, but JR's hissy-fit over Conacher serving the penalty was one of the dumbest things I ever heard.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's a pretty hefty price for 1+ year of MSL.

Hopefully it's just a scare tactic to get Cally to drop another 100k or so and close that deal.

MacLean is not beyond reproach and certainly there were glaring issues last night, but JR's hissy-fit over Conacher serving the penalty was one of the dumbest things I ever heard.

He's fucking lost it. That Jack Adams went to his head, even though the goalies won it for him.

ZeroGravity

That's a pretty hefty price for 1+ year of MSL.

Hopefully it's just a scare tactic to get Cally to drop another 100k or so and close that deal.
To be fair St. Louis will probably re-sign. He'll likely be a very effective player into his 40's if he wants to keep playing.

Cake Boss

Banned

Lol since when did you and Kernal switch jobs of the team's current associate ball washing rep?

What's even worse about it:
Assuming St. Louis deal is finalized, I believe Tampa is looking at Callahan as a rental. No appetite for 6 years or $6M per. #Tradecentre
Can't believe Tampa is going for that. Wow.

Hockey Central ‏@SNHockeyCentral 32s
Buffalo picked up Conacher off waivers.

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Of course. I can't believe Ottawa didn't even try to trade him. Probably could have gotten a 4th or 5th round pick at least.

EDIT: Oh, it might be fake?
Elliotte Friedman
Uh, aren't waivers not announced until noon?

Emmerton recalled because Helm is now injured and apparently Detroit has no deals pending right now....

Just tank, follow the Canuck's lead and just tank.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What's even worse about it:

Can't believe Tampa is going for that. Wow.

Of course. I can't believe Ottawa didn't even try to trade him. Probably could have gotten a 4th or 5th round pick at least.

EDIT: Oh, it might be fake?

Buffalo has no1 waiver priority so if they put a claim in, he's theirs

ZeroGravity

iOlFrk7apfHm7.gif

Fuck St. Louis

Fuck Yzerman

Fuck the Olympics

Fuck Mike Babcock

Fuck this winter it's been so fucking cold

Fuck this season

Fuck that goalpost in Boston

Fuck everything

Cake Boss

Banned
So you think putting Conacher in the box cost the Sens the game?

No but not putting players in the best position to succeed did, like having your 2 top scorers in Ryan and Zibby not playing in the final minute, something this coach has been doing all season long.

Top Bottom