• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Seriously. Look at that roster. 8 CANUCKS REGULARS missing and even then it's a fringe NHL team

Funny I was just looking at their roster for this game and it seemed like for every other name I was saying ".... who?"

Granted I don't watch that many Canucks games but sill, definitely seems like a scraped together team.

i like these Nashville commentators, quoting Top Gun and shit. good stuff.

also Nashville is obviously going to win. i'm predicting 20 seconds into OT and Forsberg embarrasses Hellebuyck.

Socreges

Banned
Funny I was just looking at their roster for this game and it seemed like for every other name I was saying ".... who?"
Shore
Cramarossa
Chaput
Labate
Boucher
Megna

Such waiver fodder. And that's just forwards.

Rebuilds are tough. Next season won't be any better either. At least Utica may get a few new young guys.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
NEALLLLLLLLLLLL!

sPLCX65.gif

hsKjedt.gif

calder

Regulation loss would have been better but Chiarot and - l o l - mark Stuart on an OT PK is a guaranteed goal against so still good for the tank.

But damn I thought Laine had that five hole, would have been gorgeous

hmmh.. that was some really great hockey. cant be too mad, except at myself for missing the first 5 goals or so because i STILL cant apparently figure out timezones.

Laine looked great and still has a real chance to win the league in goals. which would be incredible.

Socreges

Banned
hmmh.. that was some really great hockey. cant be too mad, except at myself for missing the first 5 goals or so because i STILL cant apparently figure out timezones.

Laine looked great and still has a real chance to win the league in goals. which would be incredible.
Aren't farmers the main occupation in Finland?

Socreges

Banned
Bahaha

SN: "You said there were a few teams that contacted you. Why did you think Vancouver would be a good fit?"

Drew Shore: "Um, just I think the opportunity they're giving young guys."

Code for: they offered me playing time in the NHL because they're a fucking skeleton crew

Socreges

Banned
So with Granlund about to reach 20 goals and 40 points, and being solid defensively, is it worth revisiting the trade yet?

A possible trade

Shinaruk for granlund

RTed by a tsn reporter

Confirmed by dreger

Canucks fans suicide watch

Freidge confirmed. woah

The fuck Vancunter?

Benning's done it again!

What does Dreger mean size is a concern? Granlund isn't much bigger..

wtff

my heart

Lolol canucks

What the fuck 😔

Benning's expecting Mikael Granlund to step off the plane and he's going to be absolutely shocked.

Benning probably didn't realize which granlund he was trading for looooool

EVERYONE IS TRADING FOR TRASH

Why did they trade Shinkaruk? I though the Canucks we're rebuilding, why trade a young asset to a divisional rival???

Hahaha oh wow.

A Benning special!

What the fuck is Dim Jim Benning doing????

Sweet jesus.

What the fuck are you doing Jim?

what the fuck.

I need a Sir bat 🔥🔥 take

Granlund is 22
Shinkaruk is 21

Granlund has been a PPG player in the AHL but has struggled with the Flames. Shinkaruk just became a PPG player in the AHL and hasn't really been given much time in the NHL.

*shrug*
I'm not saying the Canucks won the trade. We've only seen one season of Granlund and Shinkaruk could still become a top 6 forward...? But holy christ at that reaction

So with Granlund about to reach 20 goals and 40 points, and being solid defensively, is it worth revisiting the trade yet?

I'm not saying the Canucks won the trade. We've only seen one season of Granlund and Shinkaruk could still become a top 6 forward...? But holy christ at that reaction

Jim Benning has been playing 4D chess against the entire league. The long con has been revealed.

damn, the Flames really are pretty damn good. held off Crosby and Malkin and Kessel and whoever in overtime playing shorthanded 3 vs 4.

just a few days ago i hated them but now i REALLY want to beat the Pens in the shootout, hockey is a funny game.. GO FLAMES GO!!!

edit: MWAHAHAHAHA that was really satisfying to see Crosby and Malkin and Kessel fail.

damn, the Flames really are pretty damn good. held off Crosby and Malkin and Kessel and whoever in overtime playing shorthanded 3 vs 4.

just a few days ago i hated them but now i REALLY want to beat the Pens in the shootout, hockey is a funny game.. GO FLAMES GO!!!

edit: MWAHAHAHAHA that was really satisfying to see Crosby and Malkin and Kessel fail.

We looked dead and slow for second half of the game. PP looked like crap the last 2-3 we had.

Aren't farmers the main occupation in Finland?

what, why? i dunno.. oh you mean because farmers have to keep track of time and seasons and stuff..? but i don't think thats true.. i don't know any farmers. the service industry's gotta be bigger. or marketing, IT... that's were most people are, i think. damnit now i'm all confused, maybe i've lived in a city dweller elitist bubble and in reality most of Finland really are rural farming folk yet i've never talked to them so that means i don't really connect with my own people and that's a bad thing plus if a lot of them watch hockey we have a lot in common without even realizing so things could get better and we could unite as a people and not go down America's path down self-destructive populism that will swallow us all into a pit of despair that we'll never get out of and humanity's golden days will really be behind us... shiit

TEN IN A ROW FUCKIN EH BAYBEEEEEE

congrats, you made NHL history. never before have 4 different teams had double digit winning streaks. pretty nice!
at least the Jets didn't lose to you for nothing lol :(

RC

Banned
If you're going to let that rat faced bastard score could you at least high stick him every once in a while?

Socreges

Banned
what, why? i dunno.. oh you mean because farmers have to keep track of time and seasons and stuff..? but i don't think thats true.. i don't know any farmers. the service industry's gotta be bigger. or marketing, IT... that's were most people are, i think. damnit now i'm all confused, maybe i've lived in a city dweller elitist bubble and in reality most of Finland really are rural farming folk yet i've never talked to them so that means i don't really connect with my own people and that's a bad thing plus if a lot of them watch hockey we have a lot in common without even realizing so things could get better and we could unite as a people and not go down America's path down self-destructive populism that will swallow us all into a pit of despair that we'll never get out of and humanity's golden days will really be behind us... shiit[/SPOILER]
...joo

what, why? i dunno.. oh you mean because farmers have to keep track of time and seasons and stuff..? but i don't think thats true.. i don't know any farmers. the service industry's gotta be bigger. or marketing, IT... that's were most people are, i think. damnit now i'm all confused, maybe i've lived in a city dweller elitist bubble and in reality most of Finland really are rural farming folk yet i've never talked to them so that means i don't really connect with my own people and that's a bad thing plus if a lot of them watch hockey we have a lot in common without even realizing so things could get better and we could unite as a people and not go down America's path down self-destructive populism that will swallow us all into a pit of despair that we'll never get out of and humanity's golden days will really be behind us... shiit

congrats, you made NHL history. never before have 4 different teams had double digit winning streaks. pretty nice!
at least the Jets didn't lose to you for nothing lol :(

r6694.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shore
Cramarossa
Chaput
Labate
Boucher
Megna

Such waiver fodder. And that's just forwards.

Rebuilds are tough. Next season won't be any better either. At least Utica may get a few new young guys.

Seriously though, Boucher on the second line?
Cramarossa and Shore on the 3rd? a 4th line of Labat-Chaput-Megna?

christ...

Top Bottom