• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Weird week....the rare Habs/Blackhawks game tonight, then no games for the next 3 days, then back to back home and home with Ottawa on the weekend. Strange week, but a big one for determining the outcome of the Atlantic.

Montreal has a back to back Vs SNES this week

Fuck this schedule

Solo

Plekanec back tonight. Lines are

Patches Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Galchenyuk Radulov
Byron Plekanec Gallagher
Mitchell Ott King

calder

Wow, you guys are jerks and keep driving people away! Even worse, you're not driving any Leaf fans away, which is just poor from a tactical and strategic point of view.

Hopefully some of the old (non perm'ed) Flames GAF come back for a triumphant return during the playoffs. Maybe a lapsed Oilers fan or two will miraculously show up and trigger a Battle of Alberta resurgence.

Socreges

Banned
xUPGcLKuGsvaK43kSQ.gif

calder

I must be worn down by the Trump presidency already but I can't enjoy that gif because I can't stop thinking that Conway and Spicer are arguably worse/more evil than Trump or Carson. Spicer *knows* what he's saying are lies and he's making a living actively trying to hide shitty actions and protect some genuinely indefensible assholes by making people dumber through endless mendacity.

At least Trump is "just" a literal crazy old jackass who may be too stupid to understand what's going on.

Socreges

Banned
I must be worn down by the Trump presidency already but I can't enjoy that gif because I can't stop thinking that Conway and Spicer are arguably worse/more evil than Trump or Carson. Spicer *knows* what he's saying are lies and he's making a living actively trying to hide shitty actions and protect some genuinely indefensible assholes by making people dumber through endless mendacity.

At least Trump is "just" a literal crazy old jackass who may be too stupid to understand what's going on.
I highly, highly doubt that. I think he's just a compulsive liar that will say anything to get his way. He's at the centre and the job of Spicer/Conway is to continuously lie to make all the contradictions and bullshit barely cohesive.

My Habs fan uncle gave me a poster that at first glance looks like a cool Leafs poster with all the old players on it but the closer you look you realize they're all in a junkyard and the poster is celebrating their shittyness.

I appreciate the gift but I don't really know what to do with it.

Spicer is essentially a conduit for Trump. That's his job. Conway is someone making a lot of money whilst trying to organize and humanize Trump's ghoulish nonsense.

Both are going to sign $1m book deals after this fiasco is over and go on to wildly successful careers in TV punditry.

Yawnier

Banned
My Habs fan uncle gave me a poster that at first glance looks like a cool Leafs poster with all the old players on it but the closer you look you realize they're all in a junkyard and the poster is celebrating their shittyness.

I appreciate the gift but I don't really know what to do with it.

Is that the Pats Garage one with Pat Burns and a bunch of players on it? If so I have the same one framed lol.

calder

Huh, kinda cool I just got an email from Sony giving me a special platinum Horizon theme for platinuming the game. I'm sure it will wow guests. ;)

People thought and probably still think that GWB was a huge dumb ass but anyone who watched the man speak as a senator before he even ran for President saw a very intelligent, very well spoken individual. Trump doesn't have the ability to act though, he's just a fucking liar who is doing exactly what he did as a business man: lying, lying and more lying to make money. But the thing is, he ran on a platform of being a profiteer. In his mind I'm sure he'd never consider himself a liar because if you actually listen to what the fucking guy was saying and the picture he was painting of how he'd run the country, he's doing exactly the things he said he'd do if you also take into context his history with business and how he was constantly fucking people over to get what he wanted.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Huh, kinda cool I just got an email from Sony giving me a special platinum Horizon theme for platinuming the game. I'm sure it will wow guests. ;)

When did you platinum? I finished yesterday but no e-mail.... yet :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How hard is it to get platinum for horizons? Seems like lots of people are getting it.

Just started playing a few days ago after beating Nioh.

It's not so bad, the trophies are rather fair. It took me 50h, though really only maybe 5 of them i spent purposely finishing trophies, the rest was just enjoying the game.

calder

How hard is it to get platinum for horizons? Seems like lots of people are getting it.

Just started playing a few days ago after beating Nioh.

Took me about 55 hours. I think a lot of ppl are getting it because the game is fun as hell to finish and Guerilla made the trophies logical and fun. No scouring the entire map for every single collectible, no difficulty based trophies and nothing you can miss. I finished the game with all the side missions done and my character maxed out (the game is generous with experience and skill points) but it only took me an hour or two to go back and get the platinum.

Smelly I platinumed it a day before you. You should get an email congratulating you on finishing the game as well after a day or two.

Quick

Banned
Took me about 55 hours. I think a lot of ppl are getting it because the game is fun as hell to finish and Guerilla made the trophies logical and fun. No scouring the entire map for every single collectible, no difficulty based trophies and nothing you can miss. I finished the game with all the side missions done and my character maxed out (the game is generous with experience and skill points) but it only took me an hour or two to go back and get the platinum.

Smelly I platinumed it a day before you. You should get an email congratulating you on finishing the game as well after a day or two.

Is it Sony or Guerrilla that email you? Do you have to be opted in to receive emails from Sony?

imBask

Banned
Maybe Horizon could be my first platinum... I just have trouble with boring checkbox gaming, it kinda ruined Hitman's mastery for me

Solo

Pretty sure the only 2 games I ever got 100% on were Red Dead Redemption on 360 and I Platinumed Uncharted 2, and both were because I was so in love with the game, especially RDR. Cannot wait for RDR2. It's pretty much the reason I got back into gaming and got my PS4.

I platinum'd PlayStation All Stars

I'm not afraid to admit that: supposedly the Habs lines might be this tonight:

Amended #Habs lines:
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk – Radulov
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
King - Ott - Mitchell

I got this from TSN's John Lu

Defence is the same but Davidson is in for Beaulieu

I have 18 plats but three are Sound Shapes. Great game with separate trophy lists on PS3, PS4 and Vita with the ability to transfer saves. Good shit.

Solo

Am I the only person who doesn't give a shit about trophies?

I don't besides those isolated examples I gave. If the game is good enough, and it doesn't take an eternity to Platinum, I'll care. I'm having a great time with Bloodborne, but I have no desire to trophy hunt in it. It would take hours and hours and multiple playthroughs, and I don't have the time or patience for that.

Top Bottom