• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Socreges

Banned
I had no idea the Sharks were doing so well and were almost at the top of the West
Amazes me that some of you can follow hockey so closely and yet have little idea what's going on in the West. That said, travelling to the East coast has helped me understand the psychology. Games not finishing until after midnight is fucked and naturally encourages people, and to some extent the media, to not give a shit.

Solo

Amazes me that some of you can follow hockey so closely and yet have little idea what's going on in the West. That said, travelling to the East coast has helped me understand the psychology. Games not finishing until after midnight is fucked and naturally encourages people, and to some extent the media, to not give a shit.

I don't watch a single second of any game where the Habs are in LA or Vancouver or anywheres else in the Pacific time zone. That shit is 11pm here in Atlantic time. Puck drop. So easily 1:30 before the game ends. I get up at 5:30 to start my day. No thanks. Red and imbask at least have an hour advantage over me and Creeper by being on Eastern time.

I hated living in Alberta, BUT, the one thing I did love was catching the Habs games at 5pm right after work.

imBask

Banned
I was way better about the west back when I had cable TV and would watch sports show before going to bed

I don't really think about seeking that out now eventhough it's available everywhere, it's not part of my routine anymore

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has more to do with how busy I've been this year, I've had to watch the majority of Habs games on delay.

yyzjohn

Banned

That's the one cool thing when I was visiting BC a few years back I was able to catch Leafs games in the afternoon.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Alberta has regional blackouts for Hab games?

Sportsnet is the worst. Why even give people the other channels like Sportsnet East if you are just going to black it out. What is even the purpose??

Edit: couldn't afford GameCentre this year. I guess that's the purpose, make me buy a subscription.

Sportsnet is the worst. Why even give people the other channels like Sportsnet East if you are just going to black it out. What is even the purpose??

Edit: couldn't afford GameCentre this year. I guess that's the purpose, make me buy a subscription.

I can't watch Sportsnet West,Pacific or Ontario when the Leafs,Flames, Oilers or Canucks play. Same thing for TSN3 and 4 for Leafs and Jets Games.

I only have TSN5 for SNES, and Sportsnet East for Habs and the Rest of the TSN channels for the Raptors.

I can't watch any other Canadian teams play. It's really annoying.

Socreges

Banned
Man Dallas is such a tire fire. I feel bad for Hamhuis. I bet he thought signing with the top team in the West last season was a no-brainer.
Given that he probably chose Dallas since it's some Christian paradise*, and not just because it was such a competitive team, I find it kind of ironic.

*Not necessarily the city but the surrounding area

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

West Coast stuff is too late to follow the details, for the most part. I know generally who is a dumpster fire and who isn't, but a lot of the minutiae goes out the window the farther west you go. I have no idea what's happening in Anaheim whatsoever, for example, other than that they seem to be doing alright, I guess.

And I think Vancouver is playing a team of junior varsity high school students, I believe.

Socreges

Banned
And I think Vancouver is playing a team of junior varsity high school students, I believe.
And yet we're still ahead of teams that are trying to succeed.

Which reminds me: VANCOUVER VS DALLAS, TOMORROW NIGHT

pad_screenshot.png

Solo

Why do I get the feeling the stars are aligning for yet another mammoth Caps playoff collapse? Like, I can see Tampa beating them in Round 1.

Unrelated, but looking at the standings/Montreal's inevitable date with the Rangers....do the Rags just not go to OT/shootout often, or do they just not lose in OT/shootout often? Only 2 loser points in 70 games. Compared to 14 loser points for the Laffs.

Why do I get the feeling the stars are aligning for yet another mammoth Caps playoff collapse? Like, I can see Tampa beating them in Round 1.

Unrelated, but looking at the standings/Montreal's inevitable date with the Rangers....do the Rags just not go to OT/shootout often, or do they just not lose in OT/shootout often? Only 2 loser points in 70 games. Compared to 14 loser points for the Laffs.

Um excuse me? They're called Leafs points. Show some respect.

To answer your question the Rangers are 5-0 in OT and 3-2 in the shootout.

Reckheim

I'm a proud BC resident and TV hockey starts around 4pm and ends for me between 7 and 730pm, October through April.

I would absolutely love this, I record games anyways (fuck commercials) so i'd come home around 5:30 and watch the game with out the commercials and then play some video games after.

yyzjohn

Banned

It's more likely Habs will face Bruins or Tampa. Unless you think Ottawa won't overtake the Habs for first.

Solo

I would absolutely love this, I record games anyways (fuck commercials) so i'd come home around 5:30 and watch the game with out the commercials and then play some video games after.

I feel like with social media, sports stations with a running ticker, etc., you pretty much can't record games anymore and see them without already having the final score spoiled.

Shit, last weekend the GF and I were in Quebec picking up our new pup. Habs played the Rags that Saturday night, and I was bound and determined to PVR it and see it without being spoiled. I didn't go on Facebook, didn't look at TSN, etc. We get home at 2 in the morning on Sunday, and just before we crash out I text my father to say "we made it home, dog is great, etc." What possessed me to text my dad at that time, I'm not sure. He's out cold by like 11pm tops. Strangely, I get response 5 minutes later: "Goodnight. Habs won". Why in the hell he was up at that time, and why in the hell he mentioned hockey, I'll never know. Thanks, dad.

Solo

It's more likely Habs will face Bruins or Tampa. Unless you think Ottawa won't overtake the Habs for first.

Well it comes down to those 3 Sens/Habs games left, 2 of which are this weekend. But to answer your question yes, I believe the Habs will hold off the Sens to retain the #2 seed in the east and face the Rangers.

Solo

I know Calgary is the hottest team in the league right now, but I feel like they are peaking like 3 weeks too early and will get killed by the Ducks in the playoffs if that matchup holds.

That's... that's totally fine with me, I rather exorcise the Tampa Bay playoff crap or face Boston again.

I think a Sens and Rangers Match up would be really fun. Both have great goaltending duos in Anderson/ Condon and Lundqvist/ Raanta. Both teams have good depth scoring too.

I know Calgary is the hottest team in the league right now, but I feel like they are peaking like 3 weeks too early and will get killed by the Ducks in the playoffs if that matchup holds.

A Ducks-Flames series would come down to goaltending, I think. Elliott has respectable playoff stats while Gibson is unproven. Ducks have the upper hand in experience, though.

Tampa and Boston I feel like could pull off upsets. They've got loads of playoffs experience.

Cake Boss

Banned
That's... that's totally fine with me, I rather exorcise the Tampa Bay playoff crap or face Boston again.

I think a Sens and Rangers Match up would be really fun. Both have great goaltending duos in Anderson/ Condon and Lundqvist/ Raanta. Both teams have good depth scoring too.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.jpg

Top Bottom