• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Pete is starting Marty again tonight. Sounds like Schneider is getting pissed.

Brunner is sitting out for Janssen too.

Jacques Lemaire's been hanging around the press box lately, hopefully that means there's a change coming soon.

Brunner for Cleary

So we play the Bruins today, at the Joe, without Datsyuk. That's a loss if I ever saw one.

With size like that, that's obviously Winnipeg defenseman Evander Kane.

Thomas's smile in your avatar makes this all the better.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Markov has been fantastic ever since he's been put with Subban, they're one of the top pairings in the league right now. He needs to be resigned, and Emelin- Gorges round off a great top 4. We have 3-4 guys in the minors that can play in the NHL right now, if Patches is moved for anything but a star 1st liner then that's fucked. He shouldn't even be moved, one of the best contracts in the league, and he can still get better and has come from within the organization which is exactly what Bergy wants to do with the team.

Edit: I'm glad Price is starting tonight too, Sabres always give us fits and you don't need to start Budaj and have the team thinking they can take it easy against Buffalo.

NEWS ALERT: #Sabres President of Hockey Operations Pat LaFontaine announces the team has claimed forward Matt D’Agostini off of waivers.

Who?

The Sabres have to make a roster move to accommodate him, and they are putting Corey Tropp on waivers with hopes of getting him back to Rochester.

What?

yyzjohn

Banned
Markov has been fantastic ever since he's been put with Subban, they're one of the top pairings in the league right now. He needs to be resigned, and Emelin- Gorges round off a great top 4. We have 3-4 guys in the minors that can play in the NHL right now, if Patches is moved for anything but a star 1st liner then that's fucked. He shouldn't even be moved, one of the best contracts in the league, and he can still get better and has come from within the organization which is exactly what Bergy wants to do with the team.

Edit: I'm glad Price is starting tonight too, Sabres always give us fits and you don't need to start Budaj and have the team thinking they can take it easy against Buffalo.

Tonight's the night Habs pass the Leafs in the standings. Check the obituaries tomorrow for a rash of Leafs fan deaths.

Solo

Markov is like 42 and Gorges is a plug. Diaz, Boullion, and Murray? LOL. Tinordi, Beaulieu, etc? Not ready yet.

Solo

Frankly the ONLY Hab who isn't expendable is David Desharnais. This future captain is the heart and soul of the organization, and that 2 assist night is something I'll be proud to tell my grandkids I watched half cut that one night in November of 2013.

Red_Man

Markov is like 42 and Gorges is a plug. Diaz, Boullion, and Murray? LOL. Tinordi, Beaulieu, etc? Not ready yet.
It sounds like you haven't watched many games this year. Gorges has been great on the 2nd pairing, and Markov has looked absolutely dominate in the last 6 weeks, and this is coming from a guy that wanted him traded last year and the beginning of this year. He's a huge reason for our top 5 PP which is one of the reasons we're even in a wild card spot right now. Diaz is fine on the bottom 6 playing the least amount of minutes, and Tinrodi, Beaulieu, and Pateryn are all ready to step in on the bottom 6. Anyone who is willing to give up a 1 line winger who scores 30 goals and is only paid $4.5 M for anything less then a star PPG F is out of their mind.

Red_Man

Canadiens have given Dudley more cash to stay with the Habs according to Dredger. Glad to hear this.

Solo

Anyone who is willing to give up a 1 line winger who scores 30 goals and is only paid $4.5 M for anything less then a star PPG F is out of their mind.

He only scored 30 once (when his linemates also had career years) and has never had a PPG season. And if it weren't for those 2 games last week, he'd be on pace for 10 goals this season instead of 34. I think you overvalue him to a certain degree.

Red_Man

He only scored 30 once (when his linemates also had career years) and has never had a PPG season. And if it weren't for those 2 games last week, he'd be on pace for 10 goals this season instead of 34. I think you overvalue him to a certain degree.
Over the last 2 seasons he is 4th in the league among forwards in goals / 60 mins and 7th in points / 60 mins, and yet he's just leeching off players with all his secondary assists?He's doing all of this playing with Desharnais, and he's always been a streaky player:

Over the last 3 seasons, #Habs Pacioretty streaks: 12-13: 0 in 10, then 8 in 8; 11-12: 0 in 10, then 14 in 20; 10-11: 3 in 17, then 11 in 19

So you're ready to predict his season totals off one of his slumps? Ridiculous. His possession numbers are also fantastic and some of the best on the team. He's getting paid $4.5 M, one of the best bargains in the league. You're undervaluing him way too much.

We're playing the blues, better keep him out. Never know what dirty shit they're gonna do.

Or what kind of stupid shit he'll do, like start a fight with Sobotka.

On that note better keep Tarasenko out, never know what kind of dirty shit an Avs goon will pull like last year.

Pete is starting Marty again tonight. Sounds like Schneider is getting pissed.

Brunner is sitting out for Janssen too.

Jacques Lemaire's been hanging around the press box lately, hopefully that means there's a change coming soon.

Well the Devils can't score for the life of them with Schneider in net.

Curufinwe

IAnyone who is willing to give up a 1 line winger who scores 30 goals and is only paid $4.5 M for anything less then a star PPG F is out of their mind.

I'm willing to give up Hartnell for less than that. A lot less.

Raffl is back in the lineup tonight and hopefully Rosehill will begin a long stretch of healthy scratches.

Osorio

Well the Devils can't score for the life of them with Schneider in net.

Aren't scoring in front of Marty either.

Schneider won us the game against LA on Thursday. He should get some ice time.

Either way, the problem isn't the goaltending. Somebody's gotta score.

Schneider has the 4th best GAA in the league and has a losing record

Red_Man

I'm willing to give up Hartnell for less than that. A lot less.

Raffl is back in the lineup tonight and hopefully Rosehill will begin a long stretch of healthy scratches.
Hartnell has also played like shit the last year and a half and is getting paid $6 M

Curufinwe

Only a $4.75 million cap hit, though.

I thought Hartnell was adored by Flyer's fans, what happened?

18 points in his last 51 games, a lot of dumb penalties, and generally sloppy play. Plus he's signed at $4.75m a year until 2019. I'd rather have him than Clowe, but his age/contract puts him in Clarkson territory.

yyzjohn

Banned
Only a $4.75 million cap hit, though.

18 points in his last 51 games, a lot of dumb penalties, and generally sloppy play. Plus he's signed at $4.75m a year until 2019. I'd rather have him than Clowe, but his age/contract puts him in Clarkson territory.

Why you gotta hurt us bro?

Or what kind of stupid shit he'll do, like start a fight with Sobotka.

On that note better keep Tarasenko out, never know what kind of dirty shit an Avs goon will pull like last year.

Why you so salty bro?

lol @ the notion that Olver is a dirty player. I realize as a blues fan you have to scrape pretty hard to come up with much comparable shit that your dirty ass team does but come on now. Maybe Hejduk can come out of retirement just for tonight, and Stewart can punch his face in and then cheer on the crowd? He was meant for you guys.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ray Emery destroys people as a forward, too

Darren-Archibald-is-the-destroyer-of-worlds.gif

Backflip after a shoulder-to-shoulder hit is pretty amazing :lol

Darren Archibald, Canucks prospect with Utica

Why you so salty bro?

lol @ the notion that Olver is a dirty player. I realize as a blues fan you have to scrape pretty hard to come up with much comparable shit that your dirty ass team does but come on now. Maybe Hejduk can come out of retirement just for tonight, and Stewart can punch his face in and then cheer on the crowd? He was meant for you guys.

Now Stewart is dirty? How about Oshie and Steen as well if we're just going to attribute being dirty with no evidence whatsoever? Let's ban checking and standing up for teammates while we're at it.

I guess you're forgetting the part where it was your team playing shitty hockey and starting fights over it last go around.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
About to arrive at BB&T Center. Really curious how this experience will compare to the Panthers-Kings game earlier this season.

Now Stewart is dirty? How about Oshie and Steen as well if we're just going to attribute being dirty with no evidence whatsoever? Let's ban checking and standing up for teammates while we're at it.

I guess you're forgetting the part where it was your team playing shitty hockey and starting fights over it last go around.

Who said anything about dirty in regards to Stewart? He's just a coward. Sweet strawman though.

... You did? Or at least implied it. That's my take, as someone who would prefer the Blues fan to be in the wrong.

Ok sure, let me rephrase.

The Blues are dirty as fuck, Stewart is a coward and I hope Bordeleau fucks him up tonight. Olver is 5'10" at a buck 70, with no real dirty plays under his belt. Total goon status.

Ok sure, let me rephrase.

The Blues are dirty as fuck, Stewart is a coward and I hope Bordeleau fucks him up tonight. Olver is 5'10" at a buck 70, with no real dirty plays under his belt. Total goon status.

You're confusing being physical with being dirty. It doesn't take someone who is 6'5'' and 230 to be dirty (see: Spurgeon knee on knee with Steen on Monday).

Top Bottom