• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Oh jeezus fuck.

The Ducks@Kings game tomorrow starts at 8am.

On a goddamn Sunday morning.

How the duck is that fair?

EDIT: and Canucks... Yeesh.

Is Vrbata still out?

Montresor

Missed the game live, but I watched up until the first Pens goal on PVR then fast-forwarded through the rest of the game. So I missed the Phaneuf hit even on PVR, lol.

I'm pleased with Phaneuf. Also I'm glad they played respectable hockey... After being embarrassed by Boston and Pittsburgh last month, the Leafs have played pretty well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tonight's game is going to be a tough one of the Leafs.

Yes they're playing Buffalo but we are historically bad playing in Buffalo.

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres
The #Sabres are 13-1-1 in their last 15 home games against the Maple Leafs. (@SabresPR) #TORvsBUF

I have a bottle of Booker's Bourbon just sitting on my shelf waiting to be open. Can't wait until for this semester to be over.

Today is going to be a good day. Kings game that I am going to because my group didn't reserve the green screen room on campus so we can't film. Afterwards coming home to watch Hockey all day while I do homework.

lol the Wild's AHL affiliate played in camouflage jerseys last night.

youtube highlights if you want to see them in motion
web11.14game.jpg

I can't really complain about what I saw of the Leafs' game last night. They played hard, and were beaten by a better team whose goalie was on fire. There easily could've been another goal or two scored Toronto's way if it weren't for Greiss being on.

Two other things:

1) It was great to see my favourite player, class act Mats Sundin, get such an ovation.

2) Seeing Pat Burns' widow there on his behalf was heart-wrenching. It's such a shame that they weren't nice enough to let him in when he was still alive to appreciate it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta assume tonight is gonna be a loss. I mean, we can't possibly win 5 straight against the Pens, right?

Same lineup tonight. Duclair still scratched, Lundqvist in goal.

I feel like they're going to need to make a decision about Duclair pretty soon. He's spent the whole week in the press box, and while that might be helpful to get some perspective, he's going to need to start playing again pretty soon. I know AV trusts Jesper Fast a lot more because he's defensively reliable and generally intelligent with the puck, but he's also not nearly as dynamic and exciting as Duclair on the ice. It's basically choosing between a "low risk, low reward" player and a "high risk, high reward" player.

They're reluctant to send him back to Quebec because that's a one way ticket for the rest of the season, but they're going to have to relatively soon if he's going to go much longer without playing at the NHL level.

I am, of course, simply ignoring AV's inexplicable hard on for Tanner Glass here. Not even going there.

Top Bottom