• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Socreges

Banned
I am not fond of Dastardly's turn against all things Canuck, but I am still fond of the man. All the best, Dastardly

appropriateduckscenario.gif

No no it's perfectly fine, all three California teams are in stock to keep you all warm from that bitter California winter.

edit: Oh sorry, 2 of 3 teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN-vMMpja30

You haven't seen winter get until you've had a California winter where the high may not even reach 70.

Today will be sunny and 74 though. But waking up it was under 50! Brrrr
fritzsweater.jpg

Foggy

Best of luck Dastardly man.

Johansen is questionable and Datsyuk is questionable tonight. Fair trade-off I suppose.

It's really a wonder how the schedule arenas that share NBA/NHL/concerts/other events across the board. It has to be complicated as fuck. Now imagine doing this without a computer organizing things too?

The sweaters are not screen printed... everything is smooth to the touch, if that is what you mean by knit...

Sanjuro

Both the NHL and NBA have very backwards schedules. It's been like this for a while now.

Lockout Hockey was still my favorite regular season in some time.

Quick

Banned
It's really a wonder how the schedule arenas that share NBA/NHL/concerts/other events across the board. It has to be complicated as fuck. Now imagine doing this without a computer organizing things too?

And it's even worse for cities with teams that share an arena during the playoffs.

I'd imagine Staples Center is hell. I'm pretty sure there was a year or two with the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all being in there.

I remember when they had an afternoon Lakers game, and they had to reconfigure the arena for the Kings game within a few hours.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV sounds really pissed off today. He never got like this at any point last season. Can't blame him. Our last 5 games have been:

vs. Edmonton - disaster
vs. Pittsburgh - blowout shutout win
vs. Colorado - disappointing shootout loss that could have been a win
vs. Pittsburgh - excellent game with crazy ass ending
vs. Tampa Bay - disaster

Just all over the fucking place.

Sanjuro

And it's even worse for cities with teams that share an arena during the playoffs.

I'd imagine Staples Center is hell. I'm pretty sure there was a year or two with the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all being in there.

I remember when they had an afternoon Lakers game, and they had to reconfigure the arena for the Kings game within a few hours.

It doesn't take them very long. There is a time lapsed YouTube video somewhere of getting a Celtics game ready after the Bruins.

It doesn't take them very long. There is a time lapsed YouTube video somewhere of getting a Celtics game ready after the Bruins.

Can't imagine the ice being stellar hours after a basketball game. Although its the case for a ton of games/arena around the league

edit: flipped the two sports in my timeline. Was it last years playoffs that people were saying how terrible the UC (?) ice was due to a Rolling Stones concert the night before?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We played the Oilers like 3 or 4 times already, I agree

Remember an hour ago when I was joking that we already played the Oilers 3 or 4 times this season?

GUESS WHO WE'RE PLAYING TOMORROW

THAT'S RIGHT, THE OILERS

goddamnit NHL scheduling

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So it sounds like the dry scrape before overtime is officially done. Beginning Saturday, it's quick shovel crews before OT.

Also beginning immediately, the NHL will be able to stop play with a buzzer if Toronto sees the puck enter the net and the refs let play continue.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fucking finally.

thank god

Not sure I'm on board for this. I guess it depends how it's implemented and what the refs are actively taking away/looking for in the replay videos.

thank god you're back, NHL-GAF isn't the same with you AND Remington banned

So it sounds like the dry scrape before overtime is officially done. Beginning Saturday, it's quick shovel crews before OT.

I'm all for seeing more ice girls, so I'm down

Top Bottom