• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

zroid

Banned
They have nicknamed one of their players Johnny Hockey who has accomplished zero in this league. That says it all.

wait, was it actually Calgary that coined the nickname?

...well anyway it's spun off a guy who's similarly accomplished nothing as a pro so it's not exactly inaccurate

Razorskin

----- ------
M7TQS2h.png

fuck

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Games over, maybe they'll take the Hawks seriously. Maybe Therrien will pull his head out of his ass and finally take Moen out. Probably not.

Been here longer than both you Velcro logo wearing dbags.

iKV3Bss3XCD1l.gif

You are one bitter person, being a Flames fan will do that to you I guess.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
wait, was it actually Calgary that coined the nickname?

...well anyway it's spun off a guy who's similarly accomplished nothing as a pro so it's not exactly inaccurate

I'm not sure actually. He looks promising, but he has to last the year at least.

Games over, maybe they'll take the Hawks seriously. Maybe Therrien will pull his head out of his ass and finally take Moen out. Probably not.

iKV3Bss3XCD1l.gif

You are one bitter person, being a Flames fan will do that to you I guess.

Oh man a flames fan joke! Good one bro haven't heard that one 5 posts ago!

I ain't bitter, got called a douche just for calling out embellishment. Habs fans much more salty than this guy. For good reason

Good thing no one gives a fuck or knows who you are.

Just like anyone on the Calgary roster.

Except we're both better and more consistent posters than you... sooo... Take a hike, Phillips.

This shit is embarrassing, this thread is unbelievably clique-y, you should be ashamed for saying shit like this. I've seen community threads purged for this kind of activity in the past. This thread actively discourages new posters anymore.

This shit is embarrassing, this thread is unbelievably clique-y, you should be ashamed for saying shit like this. I've seen community threads purged for this kind of activity in the past. This thread actively discourages new posters anymore.

But he's not a new poster according to him, he's been here longer than any of us dbags. Or some shit like that.

You're only pissy because he's a fellow flames fan getting what he's giving.

zroid

Banned
It pains you guys so much that the Flames are actually a decent team.

And I love it.

Stay salty bros.

Actually most of us here are hockey fans so we appreciate league parity and want the Flames to get better.

You're just being a douche so people are responding in kind.

But he's not a new poster according to him, he's been here longer than any of us dbags. Or some shit like that.

You're only pissy because he's a fellow flames fan getting what he's giving.

Not entirely, yodas been a pretty abrasive dude for as long as I've lurked this thread. I certainly feel that this thread has devolved into like 10 guys inside jokes and less actual hockey talk than I would expect from an NHL OT.

Yet it's acceptable for Yoda to play the "I've been here longer than you" card in the first place? And plus, c'mon, it's fucking yoda we're talking about here.

And have you seriously not noticed when any new person comes in, they get included, welcomed, encouraged etc?

zedge

Yea it is. It's why I have stayed away recently. It's getting rediculous lately. Having some fun banter back and forth is fine but it's gets way out of line here. Not fun anymore.

Red_Man

New posters have always been welcomed here, if you're going to act like a douche then expect to be called out on it. Pretty simple.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yea it is. It's why I have stayed away recently. It's getting rediculous lately. Having some fun banter back and forth is fine but it's gets way out of line here. Not fun anymore.

I dunno, seemed to be going pretty well until Emelin, who took a head shot last game, got elbowed in the face(?), and you guys called him a diver.

Yet it's acceptable for Yoda to play the "I've been here longer than you" card in the first place? And plus, c'mon, it's fucking yoda we're talking about here.

And have you seriously not noticed when any new person comes in, they get included, welcomed, encouraged etc?

I would call it acceptable as much as I'd call it expected :p

Nah I haven't noticed it too much, I just come in an post when the games on just to potentially discuss the play by play action with fans of my team and the teams we are playing against. Or if there's some league wide news I check this place out to see what y'all think about it.

Not entirely, yodas been a pretty abrasive dude for as long as I've lurked this thread. I certainly feel that this thread has devolved into like 10 guys inside jokes and less actual hockey talk than I would expect from an NHL OT.
I can agree with the inside jokes thing but I don't really see that as a problem. Sometimes things go too far, but as far as being some cesspool that doesn't welcome new posters I'm fairly certain we've had ~4-6 new posters this season who've fit right in.
I just don't get this. Honestly zedge you only ever bring this up when Calgary is getting trash talked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Calgary, Carolina and Buffalo are winning today that means the Canucks are gonna win too, right?

New posters have always been welcomed here, if you're going to act like a douche then expect to be called out on it. Pretty simple.

I apologize that calling out Emelin for diving was douchey. Even though he was faking an injury to draw a penalty. And was back within minutes.

Inexcusable from me and my sincerest apologize for rustling the hive.

Red_Man

I apologize that calling out Emelin for diving was douchey. Even though he was faking an injury to draw a penalty. And was back within minutes.

Inexcusable from me and my sincerest apologize for rustling the hive.
Calling out a guy who just got elbowed in the face after getting a blindsided in the face with a shoulder 3 days ago for embellishment is kind of douchey. You guys are winning, I don't understand why you're so upset, no one was even trashing the Flames.

Calling out a guy who just got elbowed in the face after getting a blindsided in the face with a shoulder 3 days ago for embellishment is kind of douchey. You guys are winning, I don't understand why you're so upset, no one was even trashing the Flames.

I'm not mad. But I also think your line of reasoning is terrible.

Top Bottom