• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Tabris

And from a housing perspective, your comparison works to determine the type of housing you can buy. Not from a lifestyle though. While it's more expensive in Vancouver, the ratio cost of things like restaurants, shopping, groceries, utilities, etc isn't the same ratio as the housing to income. There's a lot of factors that go into cost of living.

I think he's trying to say that to compare your income to the income of Americans, you need to convert it. Which is true. Because 150k in CAD income isn't the same as 150k in USD income, regardless of the fact that expenses are in CAD/USD. Because expenses in the US are also in USD, so either all americans convert all their expenses to CAD to get an idea, or they convert the income to USD, which is much easier to compare.

If they were to do the comparison based on currency, they would need to convert both income and expenses. Ratio stays the same though, so converting income for comparison makes no sense really.

To put it an easier way, I was not richer (based on base salary) when our currency was at parity, and I'm not poorer with our currency rate. When the Canadian dollar was worth more, you wouldn't have compared my income as "$93k US base salary".

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So after the Bruins accused Lundqvist of diving....

‏@PLeonardNYDN
FULL QUOTE: Vigneault blasts #Bruins: 'Who would you rather have as a son, Henrik Lundqvist or Brad Marchand?'

HOT DAMN

ryan299

"the crosscheck was not overly violent or forceful" - Player safety. He broke his stick over Crosby back after cross checking him in the neck. Holy shit.

Quick

Banned
So after the Bruins accused Lundqvist of diving....

‏@PLeonardNYDN
FULL QUOTE: Vigneault blasts #Bruins: 'Who would you rather have as a son, Henrik Lundqvist or Brad Marchand?'

HOT DAMN

giphy.gif

Tabris

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (you said it wrong) is one of my favourite new comedy shows of the last 5 years btw.

So if that ruins it for you, I'm OK with that :)

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I want someone to go bonkers. I wish Kunitz would leave the end of his stick untaped and come in for a check and shove the end right through Dubinsky's eye socket about 3 inches deep. Give him a few games. no big deal. Just a player making it difficult on another player. playoff hockey.

This league is so inept. Lemieux called them out a few years ago and everyone said "Well you got Matt Cooke". Where's Cooke now? Glass? Asham? Godard? Rupp? Bortuzzo? Oops the Penguins toughest player now is Hornqvist and the toughest thing he does is back his rear into the crease. If Lemieux said "What now?" the league would pull a 180 and say that you need tough borderline players. The NHL is nothing but a Bush league run by fools with no rational thought.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I want someone to go bonkers. I wish Kunitz would leave the end of his stick untaped and come in for a check and shove the end right through Dubinsky's eye socket about 3 inches deep. Give him a few games. no big deal. Just a player making it difficult on another player. playoff hockey.

Boy, that escalated quickly.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I like Brooklyn Nine Nine a lot, but I have found this season to be weaker than the other two so far.

speaking of shows I've finally almost watched all of Mad Men, love it. Probably in my top ten shows. Been watching Ash vs. Evil Dead, pretty fun and gory show!

Foggy

This league is so inept. Lemieux called them out a few years ago and everyone said "Well you got Matt Cooke". Where's Cooke now? Glass? Asham? Godard? Rupp? Bortuzzo? Oops the Penguins toughest player now is Hornqvist and the toughest thing he does is back his rear into the crease. If Lemieux said "What now?" the league would pull a 180 and say that you need tough borderline players. The NHL is nothing but a Bush league run by fools with no rational thought.

lol-wut-o.gif

Top Bottom