• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Del Zotto with one of his classic "fire the puck even though a guy is right in front of me and going to block this out into the neutral zone" specials.

Alucard

Banned
Steady as she goes. Pens win their third in a row. Good way to start the season, and now a rest until Friday against Florida, and Saturday against Tampa.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, I think we've given up at least one odd man rush and/or breakaway on EVERY power play between tonight and last night. I've never seen anything quite like it.

EDIT: Really really lucky to only be down 2-1. Pretty thoroughly dominant period for the Sharks, penalties aside.

Acid08

Banned
Good period.

This team is just so much more fun to watch than they've been in a while. It started at the deadline last year and seems to have been amplified even more at the start of this season.

Stasis

I wish I had your will power, friend.

Well, the one positive is that you can never know how awesome it feels to quit unless you actually start, so you've got that going for you!

But srsly, and I know it's strange: Allen Carr's "Easy Way" combined with a hangover. That started it off for me.

Well, the one positive is that you can never know how awesome it feels to quit unless you actually start, so you've got that going for you!

But srsly, and I know it's strange: Allen Carr's "Easy Way" combined with a hangover. That started it off for me.

I'll definitely look into it. I need to end this habit.

Acid08

Banned
I bought an e-cig to help ween myself off of cigarettes. Almost a year smoke free now.

I relapsed once and bought a pack a few months in :( but none since.

Quick

Banned
I bought an e-cig to help ween myself off of cigarettes. Almost a year smoke free now.

You're doomed forever in a cloud of smoke.

Good luck. Well done in staying off the cigs for the most part.

I've had so many people vouch for e cigs to me lately, it seems like a good way to make this quitting thing happen.

Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stasis

I've had so many people vouch for e cigs to me lately, it seems like a good way to make this quitting thing happen.

Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I used one sporadically for about a month after I quit, mostly when stuck in traffic or when my regular crew at work would all go out for a smoke and I wanted to join.

But it can become a permanent crutch where you just replace one addiction with another if it's the nicotine you're really after. It's not as bad (as far as we know!) but it's not ideal. Some people end up smoking both... cigs outside, e-cigs indoors.

edit: Fuck, Nash is injured? Awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys. This is the first time in franchise history that the Avalanche are 3-0 to start a season.

Wat.

kingslunk

Got my Seguin jersey signed tonight

1377213_637197729633714_1156910733_n.jpg

yeah!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Aside from Richards' early goal, not a single thing has gone the Rangers' way in this one. Just bad break after bad break, combined with really tired legs and minds.

One of those days. Glad it's happening in October.

Acid08

Banned
Aside from Richards' early goal, not a single thing has gone the Rangers' way in this one. Just bad break after bad break, combined with really tired legs and minds.

One of those days. Glad it's happening in October.
This is new for us. Team has never looked this fast, it's creating tons of opportunities we usually don't get.

Smiley90

08:16 SJS M. Nieto (1)
09:19 SJS T. Hertl (3)
09:39 SJS L. Couture (2)
12:32 SJS T. Hertl (4)

I... uh... Rangers?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I... uh... Rangers?

One was a crazy bounce off the glass that went right to Couture in the crease. One was a breakaway caused by a puck hitting a broken stick on the ice. Etc. Just a confluence of events combined with a really really fast and fresh Sharks team and a really tired and sloppy (and now shorthanded) Rangers team.

Richards has really been the only one who has looked good out there, though Cally is still putting in the effort out there.

Can't believe we still have a whole period of this still to go.

Stasis

I... uh... Rangers?

I left for a while, but I fucking called it. We scored our lone goal. They've been running a train on us ever since. LA was a fluke. We played well but we scored one actual goal. The other two were luck and LA was mediocre.

It's like last year's team where we can't score or make nice plays consistently, but now we're not in a super defensive system meant to protect hank and it shows. So instead of losing a lot of games 2-1 we'll lose them like tonight. Like in Phoenix. Like almost the entire pre-season. It's OK. We'll adapt, and become decent, but we're far from a cup contender and we won't be any time soon!

Smiley90

We're now 15/15 on the PK to start the season.

After how last year ended, that's a surprising and welcome change.

Top Bottom