• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Razorskin

----- ------
EY YOU KIDS OUT THERE DON'T BE DOIN WHAT TOMAS HURT-A-WHIRL DID VERSUS THE RANGERS ON TUESDAY, I TELL YOU WHAT.

YOU DON'T PUT THE STICK BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND SCORE YOUR FOURTH GOAL. YOU SIT DOWN AND STOP PRODUCIN' AFTER YOUR FIRST GOAL.

OHHH BOY. YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW THIS KID IS BAD NEWS? HE'S WEARIN' A VISOR. WHAT? THE NHL GRANDFATHERED VISORS? IS THIS LEAGUE RUN BY A EUROPEAN NOW? OHHH BOY THIS IS BAD NEWS.

YOU KIDS OUT THERE. VISORS MAKE YOU EUROPEAN AND SIP TEA LIKE A SISSY. YOU TAKE YOUR EYE INJURIES LIKE A MAN, I TELL YOU WHAT.

YOU DON'T SEE BOBBY ORR WEAR A VISOR, GOD LOVE HIM.

:lol always loved your cherry posts

Shinkaruk has 4pts in his first 2 games in the WHL. -cries-

Horvat has 6pts in his first 3 games. -cries some more-

Instead we get Weber playing forward, and a revolving door on our first, second and third line. -sigh-

Torts won't give them top six minutes, so it'll waste a year of their ELC.

We just need Kesler to play like his old self since he can carry a line by himself, and getting Kassian, Burrows, and Schroeder back will help.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No one should claim BS more than the Devils. 22 back to back games. damn yo.
It's the Devils, no one cares about them.

24CH airs in English tomorrow. Looking forward to watching it.
I watched the French version already, it's better then last season and you can tell how much Bergevein and Therrien care for the players with the Parros footage.

Tomas Plekanec is going to top his countryman Tomas Hertl's production with 5 goals tonight.
Did you take TUSRs recommendation and butter chug some absinthe?

Heretic

Hiller's new mask. HYPE RISING!

hiller20thmask01_zpsd7470f7c.jpg

hiller20thmask02_zpsdd6efea8.jpg

hiller20thmask03_zps6697ff86.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Torts won't give them top six minutes, so it'll waste a year of their ELC.

We just need Kesler to play like his old self since he can carry a line by himself, and getting Kassian, Burrows, and Schroeder back will help.

Who cares if it burns a year of their ELC when they're heaps better than who we have, especially with how injury-prone everyone is? I rather ice a winning team than hope to get by with scrubs.

Plus, Torta didn't even TRY giving them top minutes. It could work, see Hertl with Thronton and Burns.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Who cares if it burns a year of their ELC when they're heaps better than who we have, especially with how injury-prone everyone is? I rather ice a winning team than hope to get by with scrubs.

Plus, Torta didn't even TRY giving them top minutes. It could work, see Hertl with Thronton and Burns.

Err... Canucks have won three of their four games this season, with a lot of scoring coming from secondary sources (only four players on the team are pointless, one being Alex Burrows, who's injured.)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Scout night in Calgary? 17 NHL scouts registered for tonights tilt between the Canadiens and Flames. #NHLonTSN

So you're saying there's a chance Desharnais is traded?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Err... Canucks have won three of their four games this season, with a lot of scoring coming from secondary sources (only four players on the team are pointless, one being Alex Burrows, who's injured.)

And we beat such high-quality opponents like the Flames, Oilers and Devils, truly cup contenders.

The team would be better with Shinkaruk/Horvat on it, and honestly I'd rather waste a year of their ELC than a year of aging Sedins because our team wasn't good enough to win the cup.

He could have at least given them a 9 game tryout. Maybe a game woth the Sedins. There was no harm in that. Instead he sent them down and promptly, "surprisingly" our players get injured and we're stuck with Sestito and Weber on wings.

God I wish we had a coach that actually gave our youth a chance sometime. AV didn't (unless their name was Chris Tanev and you were a defensive stalwart) and Torts looks no different.

Top Bottom