• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Barkov for Vanek
I'll cut you.

I read that the other day. The Devils don't have a first round pick and their prospects aren't great. Doubt they could afford it. Panthers, but why? Tomas Vanek is a missing piece and they are a team trying to grow. He's not gonna re-sign there. Phoenix, new owners trying to make a splash? I doubt it.
Tallon could pull a similar deal like the Booth trade two seasons ago. Team is still short on offense and I think the new owners want a competitive team.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
nCEpQl7.gif
Yeah it looks worse than it is. Fran looks like he is going for a sucker punch but RNH is seemingly off balance and when Fran whiffs, it's more a forearm to the name on the back of RNH's jersey.

I can't argue the logic it isn't a penalty in OT but I do feel we got away with it.

That JVR penalty in the first was total BS though

I'll cut you.

Tallon could pull a similar deal like the Booth trade two seasons ago. Team is still short on offense and I think the new owners want a competitive team.

I'm not saying the Panthers COULDN'T do it, I'm saying why would they? Short on offense or not, Vanek is a move you make when you are ready to contend for the cup. Don't think the Panthers are there yet at all. You expend the assets and then Vanek doesn't resign, Panthers have taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

zedge

So we're going to a turkey buffet dinner and a hitmen game today at the saddledome. $25 a ticket, couldnt pass it up. Happy Thanksgiving Canada NHL GAF.

Erdrick

Going to the Jets/Devils game tonight. First game of the season for me. I don't expect too much other than I want the Jets to win, of course. Looking forward to seeing Brunner play. Really liked him on Detroit. (And I wish the Jets would have made a try to sign him offseason) Schneider is no stranger to this building, as he played here on our old AHL team, the Moose.

It HAS to be better than the last game against Dallas.

Going to the Jets/Devils game tonight. First game of the season for me. I don't expect too much other than I want the Jets to win, of course. Looking forward to seeing Brunner play. Really liked him on Detroit. (And I wish the Jets would have made a try to sign him offseason) Schneider is no stranger to this building, as he played here on our old AHL team, the Moose.

It HAS to be better than the last game against Dallas.

I can't imagine many free agents would pick Winnipeg over the other markets who have interest in them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That must be depressing as hell as a Panthers player and having more groupies in the crowd then actual fans.

Same thing happened with RNH in the Montreal game that led to the 2 on 1 Gally goal, he's way too weak on his skates trying to protect the puck.

Erdrick

I can't imagine many free agents would pick Winnipeg over the other markets who have interest in them.

That's the reality for us. Still, I'm glad we have the players that we do. Just have to work around that obstacle.

I'm kind of excited for this game now, since I finally convinced my Grandfather to come with me to the game. I've not been to a game with him since... 1993, so this will be a fun time I think. He gets into the games a LOT. Now I really hope they get a win.

Really filled in here...

KCgm8xS.jpg

That... is incredibly depressing.

Red_Man

Was the biggest issue I had back when the Avs could've possibly drafted him. I really don't think he's built for this league.
He just needs to put on some weight and get stronger but he's not physically built for the moves he tries to make.

Red_Man

Those are just for tonight right? Will be watching the game, can't wait to see them in action.

Lars Eller on pace for a Gretzky-esque 82 goals
Eller and Patches had some great flashes of amazing play last night, if they can really get some chemistry going they'll tear things up. Therrien actually making some really great moves with the lineup.

Wonder what jersey they'll be wearing for the outdoor game...

Edit: Excited! Not expecting much out of today's game though. IF BOBBY SCORES ITS OVER

One of the PR staff at a season ticket event said they'll be using either a Mighty Ducks color scheme WITH the webbed D logo OR a Mighty Ducks logo with the black/orange color scheme.

Top Bottom