• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ducks with 43 shots after 37mins.

I say daaaaamn.

With Lehner basically playing the entire game tonight again, what's the record in "number of saves made within 24h"? oO

He made a TON of saves yesterday already. And it's a busy night again today.

calder

Trouba tantalizing again. So damn young, yeah I wish he'd get a year in the AHL (he wouldn't have left college for that of course) but a couple of shifts tonight he's looked so damn impressive.

Quick

Banned
Hello NHL GAF.
Would anyone be able to tell me where I could find a Mighty Ducks jersey in Canada?

The only ones you'll find are the pre-Reebok Edge jerseys, I think.

You can probably find it or have it ordered from a local retailer.

FrsDvl

It beginsss :D

Oh I've been a ducks fan since I moved to Canada and got introduced to hockey! And watching tonights game, I realized I really need one of these!

I couldn't find it in the States. Fortunately this season they're selling them at the team store :D hope someone else can help you out though.

Good to know! Maybe they'll eventually put it up online..

The only ones you'll find are the pre-Reebok Edge jerseys, I think.

You can probably find it or have it ordered from a local retailer.

Will try that one of these days.

calder

Damn Buff just wrecked someone.

Real shame Kane wasn't able to finish the breakaway that resulted from Buff's public murder.

Quick

Banned
That sounded vague, but to be more specific, a mom and pop hockey store can probably order one for you if there's one nearby. A store like Sportchek might also be able to order it, but I haven't tried.

If you're in Toronto, check out Real Sports Apparel. They do orders, too, I think.

Smiley90

No NHL in the Netherlands. Never seen a single game till I moved to Canada!

Yes but... why did you become a fan of the DUCKS of all clubs if you moved to Canada, and not a Canadian team?

Also, have you heard of Dale "Dutch Wayne Gretzky" Weise?

No doubt that’s how they felt, especially considering what Weise accomplished in Trapper blue.
Weise leaves the Dutch League with 48 points in 19 games (22 G, 28 A). But beyond the individual success is the team success. During his time with the club, the Trappers went 16-0-1-2, outscoring their opponents 108 – 43.

Aaaaalso, Tabris needs to stop it with the stealth-brag threads, really.

Especially given his answer...

Hes been playing hurt his whole career.

We will never win a cup with him as our #1 C.

Hes just a fantasy league player that puts up points.

If we never win a Cup it's because Melnyk maxes out his lines of credit not because of Spezza.

Just chill and wait for this POS road trip to end, these trips out west always go bad, can't remember the last good one. Let them get back to Ottawa and play some games at home.

Walrus can work his magic and run a few bag skates if need be. Maybe they'll bring Z up as well.

FrsDvl

Yes but... why did you become a fan of the DUCKS of all clubs if you moved to Canada, and not a Canadian team?

Cause it was the only team I've ever heard of at the time (Thanks Disney).

And I don't want to cheer for the Oilers...

My buddy is a leafs fan, he tried to get me to like them, but it was more fun making fun of the leafs losing than rooting for them with him.

Smiley90

My buddy is a leafs fan, he tried to get me to like them, but it was more fun making fun of the leafs losing than rooting for them with him

You'll fit in very well here, welcome! :lol

Ducks with 52 shots on goal after 50 minutes. Come ooooooooon 60!

calder

Woo, Kane with the EN. If not for Schneider playing great (and Slater aiming for the crest :p) Kane would have like 4 pts tonight.

EDIT: LADDY! Nice solid win, Jets played so much better in most ways tonight

Jets win! Two late goals, Montoya with the richly deserved shut-out
taejaclapqyjit.gif

calder

Also, Trouba looked great with Bogo, Buff played fantastic and Kane was seriously impressive. Important game not only in the result at home but the notable improvement on special teams, 5 on 5, defense etc.

Now let's get Scheifele to become noticeable. ;)

calder

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
If my math is correct (and I am sure you will let me know if it isn't), Western Conference teams have won 27 of 36 games versus East.

Not going to lie, if you asked me if I wanted back in the East for one more season I'd look around to see if anyone was watching before I answered.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

My buddy is a leafs fan, he tried to get me to like them, but it was more fun making fun of the leafs losing than rooting for them with him.

Hmm...a Leaf hater, but also includes Oil hate...

I can live with it.

FUCK THE OIL!

Top Bottom