• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

$500 for dat next gen hardware that fully competes with a decent PC and is cheaper too boot!

RIGHT GUYS?!

I almost put the money I saved cancelling my ps4 preorder towards another GTX 680 to SLi, but I think I'ma just get 3DS again.

Heretic

$500 for dat next gen hardware that fully competes with a decent PC and is cheaper too boot!

RIGHT GUYS?!

I almost put the money I saved cancelling my ps4 preorder towards another GTX 680 to SLi, but I think I'ma just get 3DS again.

do it. DO IT.

Not stealth, just a brag thread :p I mean that's the whole point of threads like that (or pick-up posts or show your setup threads). To brag and then be humbled as there's always someone with more / better. Well also to have a conversation about it.

Ah, a true lesson in humility. Hoping to one day have better shit than someone else.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not stealth, just a brag thread :p I mean that's the whole point of threads like that (or pick-up posts or show your setup threads). To brag and then be humbled as there's always someone with more / better. Well also to have a conversation about it.

That's the point of POSTING in them, yes. MAKING the threads JUST to post about your own achievements isn't just bragging... that's past the point of bragging and reaching "COME ON LET ME SHOW YOU HOW SUCCESSFUL I AM I NEED ATTENTION" levels.

Like people who post every single life update to Facebook or Twitter because they constantly need validation.

Ah, a true lesson in humility. Hoping to one day have better shit than someone else.

Right now the Dalai Lama is trying his best to not smile sarcastically as he reads this.

Tabris

That's the point of POSTING in them, yes. MAKING the threads JUST to post about your own achievements isn't just bragging... that's past the point of bragging and reaching "COME ON LET ME SHOW YOU HOW SUCCESSFUL I AM I NEED ATTENTION" levels.

Yeah it feels good! Someone has to make the threads. I've made a couple for sure and post in others like the pick up posts. I assume you think the same of Mark Man? Or this is just your Tabris hate coming out :)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I take solace in knowing no matter how much money Tabris has he will never seen the Canucks win a Stanely Cup. Sorry Canucks-Gaf.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So those Ducks jerseys are only available at their team store in Anaheim? Is there a limited run of them or something? Going to be in Anaheim early in November... may swing by to pick one up.

Rare pic of Tabris Jr. receiving a lifetime's worth of advice

j9fbFRayxWUoZ.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah it feels good! Someone has to make the threads. I've made a couple for sure and post in others like the pick up posts. I assume you think the same of Mark Man? Or this is just your Tabris hate coming out :)

I have no idea who Mark Man is, I just saw you made thread.

TUSR

Banned

yo tabris thats what im planning on getting too.

ps4, and if there is a refresh ill get a mac mini, TB display and a new iPad. not sure if im going to get the mini or the normal

I have no idea who Mark Man is, I just saw you made thread.

Mark Man is a guy who works for madcatz and makes/designs/whatevers the fight sticks they put out. The dude has a fuuuuuuck ton of the things all over his house. But you know what? It's cool because you can tell that's what the dude genuinely enjoys in life. He found his thing, he works in that realm every day of his life, I ain't even gonna hate.

"Yo dawgs, look at my paycheck stubs, I bought all these mac products with them" is an entirely different thing. Tabris be reachin'.

Tabris

"Yo dawgs, look at my paycheck stubs, I bought all these mac products with them" is an entirely different thing. Tabris be reachin'.

I was super happy as I got the biggest pay cheque I've ever had, so I wanted to post about it and what I was planning to pick up with it as it was essentially extra cash. I normally would just post when I got the stuff in the pick up thread, then wanted to see what other people have had in the past.

No point explaining here though. Just letting you know, not stealth, total brag but I love the brag threads, they are fun to see what other people have done / gotten. It's always humbling as mentioned before, always someone with more / better.

EDIT - Didn't want to derail but had to respond to Smiley's unprovoked hate on :p

EDIT 2 - Oh, I'm super passionate about gaming, apple products, and design (including interior). Same as Markman with his arcade sticks.

Pick-up artists are human trash embodied.

Naw, G. Media consumption and materialism are two different things entirely. Related though.

Can't have one without the other in most instances. But I wasn't really trying to comment on the differences, nor play it off like I'm better than that. I just try not to covet it, it gets gross real fast.

Can't have one without the other in most instances. But I wasn't really trying to comment on the differences, nor play it off like I'm better than that. I just try not to covet it, it gets gross real fast.

True, but a humanses can have just as much fun with gaming on an emulator on an old laptop as as much Johnny Pockets' Xbone + PS4 SLi setup.

Man, my Dad is the biggest tightass you've ever met. But if you ask him, he'll tell you happiness doesn't stem from money and that money is no object. It's kinda conflicting growing up with him as a role model and trying to pick and choose which part of his material instinct is worth adopting and which is worth disregarding.

Now that I think about it... Buying stuff is instant gratification, but god damn, the happiness achieved goes just as quick as you achieved it. It's hard buying things which give a prolonged sense of satisfaction. Even our technology isn't a *new* way of having fun/satisfaction, it's just updating to a new standard of achieving it.

Our cars are a status symbol. Our appliances are a means of convenience, and we're paying a lease on them until they eventually deteriorate. Our clothes are disposable, and will fade/rip and look more ridiculous with time passing (until they go full cycle and wearing them becomes ironic). Our consoles are just a means of playing games that require more resources. Our PCs, especially so. Our phones need faster hardware just because our phone software demands more.

Hell... In 5 years time, we'll be looking at the iPhone 5S in our drawers and going "Heh, that old junk".

Eugh, I wish I didn't get on to thinking about this. Now the insignificance of our existential being and worth is magnified.

What I'm saying is... Material items are disposable. But Mighty Ducks jerseys are forever.

Samyy

So should I buy a 3DS XL and Pokemon?

Its not much of a question.
3DS has had an amazing year imo and this Pokemon game is really good.

Edit: man that cheque thread made me sad, my first paycheque is probably gonna be for like...300 bucks? Im blowing that all on a jersey though. Need to decide between Kadri/Lupul/JvR or Kessel :(

Heretic

Now that I think about it... Buying stuff is instant gratification, but god damn, the happiness achieved goes just as quick as you achieved it. It's hard buying things which give a prolonged sense of satisfaction. Even our technology isn't a *new* way of having fun/satisfaction, it's just updating to a new standard of achieving it.

Our cars are a status symbol. Our appliances are a means of convenience, and we're paying a lease on them until they eventually deteriorate. Our clothes are disposable, and will fade/rip and look more ridiculous with time passing (until they go full cycle and wearing them becomes ironic). Our consoles are just a means of playing games that require more resources. Our PCs, especially so. Our phones need faster hardware just because our phone software demands more.

Hell... In 5 years time, we'll be looking at the iPhone 5S in our drawers and going "Heh, that old junk".

Eugh, I wish I didn't get on to thinking about this. Now the insignificance of our existential being and worth is magnified.

What I'm saying is... Material items are disposable. But Mighty Ducks jerseys are forever.
I love this guy.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

#truthfact

GDRR5 is the only thing that can justify my existence

TUSR

Banned

God this post is great.

They don't haven't any black 3DS XLs

Tabris

I don't own a car, but nice clothes last you a while (I wash on cold cycle or warm cycle with good detergent so my colours last a long time also, or I dry clean the nicer stuff) and the goal is to replace with new technology always. That's one of the reasons I'm a huge Apple fan as it takes a while for their hardware to depreciate. I replace my iPhone with each iteration and it only ends up costing me a little bit a year (buy for $850, sell for $500, buy for $200 (on contract), sell for $500).

RC

Banned
I bought some generic mouthwash the other day. It's almost as good as Listerine and is about $3 cheaper.

RC

Banned
Oh jeez... this post was pointless.

Well since I'm here, do we really need that many shoes?

I own three pairs and that's good enough for me.

Top Bottom