• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Acid08

Banned
Pokemon is the one series that I unreasonably refuse to play. I think it was the timing when the show and card game came out and when I was a teenager and it was embarrassing to admit you played or watched Pokemon. Of course that doesn't matter anymore now and I've gotten past the things I was too embarrassed to enjoy when I was young, but for some reason can't get motivated to play Pokemon.

Maybe the overwhelming positive comments will eventually sway me.

That's pretty much the same reason why I never got into Pokemon either.
Y'all old.

On another note, saw a black widow spider in my room just now. Turned around to grab something to smash it with and it was gone. Don't know what to do, everything feels too unsafe to be around.

TUSR

Banned
um, the instruction manual is the size of a normal 3DS
Y'all old.

On another note, saw a black widow spider in my room just now. Turned around to grab something to smash it with and it was gone. Don't know what to do, everything feels too unsafe to be around.
can i have ur stuff?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Y'all old.

Dibs on your PS4 pre-order.

Black Widow Spiders don't bite unprovoked, you're fine.

Jesus fuck.

I was 5 when the original games came out.

To be fair, you ARE young.

I played Pokemon Blue, Yellow and Gold back when I was in elementary school (I think I was... 9? looking up the release date of red/blue...). High School came, I stopped playing, got older, yadayada. Realized I don't have to give a fuck what other people think of me/I can do whatever the fuck I want to, bought a 3DS XL & White 2 this past Christmas and I've been re-discovering everything ever since. I regret missing out on Gens 3&4, but eeeeh. I'll buy the remakes once they inevitably come out. Either Pokemon Z or Remakes of Gen 3 should be next on the release list for gamefreak.

Hunter S.

Pokemon is the one series that I unreasonably refuse to play. I think it was the timing when the show and card game came out and when I was a teenager and it was embarrassing to admit you played or watched Pokemon. Of course that doesn't matter anymore now and I've gotten past the things I was too embarrassed to enjoy when I was young, but for some reason can't get motivated to play Pokemon.

Maybe the overwhelming positive comments will eventually sway me.

All the pokemon games are practically the exact same with the same formula, story, terrible graphics and gameplay. They are only fun if you have a lot of time to waste grinding. You play one you played them all.

Samyy

I was 5
WSOX WE THE SAME AGE!!!

Pokemon Blue was my first game and the Gameboy Pocket I played it on was my first console ^^, It was also my first year in Canada. Man Pokemon helped me make so many friends, forever grateful.

EDIT: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 REMIX AWWW YISSSSSSS

Smiley90

All the pokemon games are practically the exact same with the same formula, story, terrible graphics and gameplay. They are only fun if you have a lot of time to waste grinding. You play one you played them all.

l9zKYHF.gif

Smiley90

Eugh, I wish I didn't get on to thinking about this. Now the insignificance of our existential being and worth is magnified.

I can't really tell how much of your post is satire but this is my every day life.

And on that materialism tip I've got a 3DS XL en route. At least I haven't posted my pay stub. Yet.

edit: I'm a quarter of a century old.

Never played Pokemon. I think I just don't understand it. Also didn't have a Gameboy til the SP. I just played Tetris and Advance Wars on it.

QUACK QUACK QUACK everybody. I gotta get a jersey

Hey wsox, not sure if you've seen this already, but I figured you'll love it. It's hilarious. Gotta loooooove House Republicans/Boehner.

I don't know this Democrat, but I like him already.

AKA: Boehner: "Naw man, I just changed it from "anyone can" to "I can". Hoped you didn't notice. sucks to be you. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT."

EDIT: Wait, I guess this is Cantor's fault then? I get my american politician's too easily mixed up.

No. That guy is in place of Boehner for that. Not sure where he was.

Republicans in our House are shitheads. The representative here did a fantastic job of illustrating an example of why.

Smiley90

No. That guy is in place of Boehner for that. Not sure where he was.

Republicans in our House are shitheads. The representative here did a fantastic job of illustrating an example of why.

Oh I know that's not Boehner. But it's the house majority leader that implemented the rule. I now realize that Boehner is the speaker and Cantor is the leader, so essentially... Cantor's the man at fault here. (for this specific thing. Probably for everything, too.) I'm pretty sure a LOT of house republicans would love to vote democrat but just don't have the balls for it. fucking tea party/party pressure.

RC

Banned
I had pogs.

I don't remember anyone ever playing with them. It was always "hey check out my pogs" than put them away and do something else.

We weren't allowed to play them in elementary after they figured out it was essentially gambling. But by then the craze died out anyhow.

Smiley90

We weren't allowed to play them in elementary. After they figured out it was essentially gambling. But by then the craze died out anyhow.

We had stilts in elementary school. We started pretending they were guns. Then they took away our stilts. It was a sad day.

Hunter S.

Yeah, I played football, baseball, basketball, and rollar hockey in the streets. I never see kids doing that nowadays. Damn, lazy kids in America must of got hooked on Pokemon.

Smiley90

It's not too late, Quick.

I'm gonna catch them all in X. Then gonna catch the remaining in White 2. And what's left remaining after transferring I'll try trade. By the time the next game is out, I'll have "caught" them all.

Acid08

Banned
I'm gonna catch them all in X. Then gonna catch the remaining in White 2. And what's left remaining after transferring I'll try trade. By the time the next game is out, I'll have "caught" them all.
This is the first Pokemon since the originals where I'm actually catching every Pokemon. It was never really a priority before, just caught what I needed.

Tabris

Baseball and Hockey cards was the big thing when I was in elementary school.

My 2 favourite cards were my wayne gretzky rookie card (it was beat up, my older cousin used to put them in the spokes of his bike when he was a kid) and my signed gordie howe card (non-rookie).

I may be looking too far into this, but if I'm not, bravo at this troll. Taking my recent post history against me on my comment and being able to make fun of that series in context.

W-..wha? It was just a parody of the whole "the thing we were looking for was inside of us all along" trope.

I can't really tell how much of your post is satire but this is my every day life.

That post was all teal-ralk. When you have that realization of how utterly insignificant you, as a human are, in the grand scheme of things you constantly get caught up in existential contemplation and end up in a vicious loop of acknowledging these realizations until it leaves you gasping for acknowledgement and validation until you feel alive again.

So you break out of it as quick as you can before it swallows you whole. You focus on something to distract you.

Tonight, I will have chicken parmigiana and salad for dinner.

Smiley90

This is the first Pokemon since the originals where I'm actually catching every Pokemon. It was never really a priority before, just caught what I needed.

Same.

If Boehner would bring up a clean bill, it would pass with many Republicans supporting it as well, Smiley.

Problem is, Boehner is a cunt.

Thing is, before Oct 1st, ANY republican could have brought up the clean bill. But nobody had the balls to do so.

W-..wha? It was just a parody of the whole "the thing we were looking for was inside of us all along" trope.

That post was all teal-ralk. When you have that realization of how utterly insignificant you, as a human are, in the grand scheme of things you constantly get caught up in existential contemplation and end up in a vicious loop of acknowledging these realizations until it leaves you gasping for acknowledgement and validation until you feel alive again.

So you break out of it as quick as you can before it swallows you whole. You focus on something to distract you.

Tonight, I will have chicken parmigiana and salad for dinner.

I..I just read a lot of philosophy books.

Same.

Thing is, before Oct 1st, ANY republican could have brought up the clean bill. But nobody had the balls to do so.

They thought they would get away with the shutdown. They didn't and support for them has tanked. Things are different now. They have no leverage and see public opinion is against them.

Top Bottom