• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Cake Boss

Banned
CakeBoss's alt

6ea.png

Good god, I ordered a 3DS XL from amazon and it went through but today they're telling me they're out of stock and I'll have to wait unless I want to order a different model. The only models that are in stock right now are the Pokemon LE's that are $50 more. :|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thread already locked, good. That wasn't gonna lead to any discussion anyway...

Erdrick

Had a great time at the Jets/Devils game last night and got to see Jacob Trouba's on-ice skills in person. He looks so much more composed than I'd expect some 19 year old rookie kid to be. We gave a nice little ovation for Corey Schneider though in between commercials. He was a very good goalie for us with our old AHL Manitoba Moose team. Of course, we then proceeded to heckle him after, but he's very well liked here still.

-Jagr still has the great hockey sense, even if his body is not as quick as it was in the past.

-Bogosian has played pretty awful this year so far. I'm not sure what is up with him, but he has been making a lot of mistakes, which is unlike him since he has been here with the rest of the team.

-Al Montoya was fantastic last night. I really like his attitude and he was very much on his game last night. The little plays he did to play the puck helped as well. I hope he starts the next game as well. He certainly earned the right after tonight.

That was the first NHL game I had been to with my Grandfather in just over 20 years, and while he's not quite as young as he was last time, he still had a great time, and it really helped that the Jets played a much more decent game this time around to get the shutout.

I'm going to the game tomorrow against the Habs as well, so I'll be able to see some of these players first-hand that Solo, Red Man et al. seem to be so high on. I'll be going with 2 Habs fans though, so things may get intense depending on how the game goes.

Samyy

I got a Honedge in a wonder trade, yay!!
I haven't reached the 2nd gym but I think I've put in almost 9 hours, dat training and catching so good this game.

Razorskin

----- ------
Had a great time at the Jets/Devils game last night and got to see Jacob Trouba's on-ice skills in person. He looks so much more composed than I'd expect some 19 year old rookie kid to be. We gave a nice little ovation for Corey Schneider though in between commercials. He was a very good goalie for us with our old AHL Manitoba Moose team. Of course, we then proceeded to heckle him after, but he's very well liked here still.

-Jagr still has the great hockey sense, even if his body is not as quick as it was in the past.

-Bogosian has played pretty awful this year so far. I'm not sure what is up with him, but he has been making a lot of mistakes, which is unlike him since he has been here with the rest of the team.

-Al Montoya was fantastic last night. I really like his attitude and he was very much on his game last night. The little plays he did to play the puck helped as well. I hope he starts the next game as well. He certainly earned the right after tonight.

That was the first NHL game I had been to with my Grandfather in just over 20 years, and while he's not quite as young as he was last time, he still had a great time, and it really helped that the Jets played a much more decent game this time around to get the shutout.

I'm going to the game tomorrow against the Habs as well, so I'll be able to see some of these players first-hand that Solo, Red Man et al. seem to be so high on. I'll be going with 2 Habs fans though, so things may get intense depending on how the game goes.
I look forward to seeing Trouba play, as long as the Jets don't win.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A.Gally won gold with Trouba at the WJs this past year, it'll be nice to see him play, one of the best defensive prospects out there right now. How'd Schiefle look? Seems like his development has been all over the place, but I haven't really paid a lot of attention to him either.

Erdrick

I look forward to seeing Trouba play, as long as the Jets don't win.

He's been a real gem of a find for us. With the way the Jets have been so far this year, and basing on past years... Who freaking knows what team will show up tomorrow? I just hope it's an exciting and entertaining game. (I, of course, want the Jets to win as well, but we'll see.) I don't think honestly that the Jets were that good last night, it was more that NJ was just struggling still as of late so far this season. Sure, they played better than Friday *Shudder* but that's not much of a bar to compare to.

In any event, I'm stoked to see the Habs. Never seen them in person before.

A.Gally won gold with Trouba at the WJs this past year, it'll be nice to see him play, one of the best defensive prospects out there right now. How'd Schiefle look? Seems like his development has been all over the place, but I haven't really paid a lot of attention to him either.

Scheifele has certainly improved over his first few years since being drafted, plus he spent most of the past 2 years with Dale Hawerchuck down in Barrie in the OHL progressing. I don't want him rushed to the league, unless he can handle it (Like how Trouba seems to be doing thus far.) He's STILL way too easy to be knocked off the puck or up on his ass, but he's still very young and learning. I like him, and he is hopefully going to be a centre for us that can help us out. He's been, up until last night, on the 2nd line with Kane and Setoguchi, in between. Last night though, he was on the 4th with... Wright and... Tangradi? I forget, as Noel messed with the lines last night. He's been kind of invisible in some games, and decent in others. I would not object to him being sent down to the AHL in St. Johns for another year of development. It's just that, we need good centres.

The kid's coming along nicely in any event. Certainly an important part of our team's future and I, and all other Jets fans will likely enjoy watching him improve and learn in each game. Keep an eye on him tomorrow night.

Also,
please tell me Lars Eller is scratched tomorrow night. After what he did to us in the past, I have an irrational fear of him when it comes to playing us. Irrational, yet justified, given how he owned us.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
LOL MIKE GREEN!

(he went for a big hit on Oiler Jesse Joensuu, missed, and went head-over-heels into his own bench)

Top Bottom