• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Blame the metropolitan division.

Leafs, Habs and Tampa are the only Eastern team with a positive record against the West. All Atlantic. lol.

Meanwhile literally NO western team has a negative record against the East. lol.

Samyy

Lets be fair guys, the Leafs have played Edmonton, Colorado and the Preds. Colorado is the only of the the three that you can argue as being a reasonably good team.

We'll see how the Leafs do against the Wild, Hawks and Ducks over the next week.

We had stilts in elementary school. We started pretending they were guns. Then they took away our stilts. It was a sad day.

This quote actually made me burst out laughing for some reason.

My first fad was pogs. The Pokemon fad was my second, a few years later. Everyone played the actual game, but the card game picked up at school. It got banned because the teachers likened it to gambling. I'm not sure how they reasoned that out.

Is there any place to get a cheap NHL hoodie? I don't want to spend fifty to sixty dollars on one just cuz of a team's logo is slapped on there.

I generally just lurk around slickdeals and other places to find coupon codes for rebates. It takes some waiting, but it's how I've picked up all my jerseys and hoodies.

That changes tomorrow when the Flyers beat the Nucks.

Hah! More laughter than Smiley quote.

The Flyers are the Starks--horrible things will happen to us, but remember our words, "Ekblad is coming."

Acid08

Banned
61boWyCqAoL._SY600_.jpg

Oh ya so sick

Silexx

So when I left for my cottage this weekend, we were all worried about Bobby Ryan not being able to score. Now I get back and it turns out he's the only fucking player in Ottawa who CAN score.

I blame Cake Boss.

Marvie_3

Banned
So does NHL 14 gets shittier with every tuner update or what? The shittiest plays you score goals on and nicest plays the goalie is superman and will save everything.

This game really fucking blows, and not mention the stupid ass menus.
wait....they actually made it worse? that shit was unplayable already before they started putting tuners out.

pringles

Bergeron intercepting a pass from Datsyuk, leading to Datsyuk backchecking and stealing the puck from Bergeron. The Selke battle has begun.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't know if I'd want Yakupov on the Leafs. If he's not working out with Eakins, he sure as hell won't work out with Carlyle.

Yakupov can generate points, but he's not really a gamebreaker despite all the hype surrounding him. I get the feeling the organization may consider him too selfish and he needs to grow up. He's just a kid though, but I wonder if this keeps up he won't bolt to the KHL instead.

I'd rather have one of Galchenyuk, Rielly, Forsberg, or Hertl right now.

dem

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 1 ч
"My goal is to play in the NHL. I have not had any conversations (with Neftekhimik). I love it here" - Nail Yakupov #Oilers

"I was shocked to hear (the KHL rumors). First thought was, "Is dad trying to do something?". But no, he'd never go behind my back"- Yakupov

"This is the first time in my life I am benched. But if the coach has decided so, it must be necessary." - Nail Yakupov #Oilers

"Sometimes I feel I need to do something extraordinary. Always liked to do something like this. Dumping/chasing isn't my game" - Yak #Oilers

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 52 мин
Yakupov's dad Rail (yes, Rail) Yakupov to Sport-Express: "We never thought about Nail's coming back. Don't believe internet rumors" #Oilers

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 11 мин
"I never like to talk about who I'd want to play with. Besides, I haven't done all that much for the team yet" - Yakupov #Oilers

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't the Oilers just sign Bryz? He's in some random league right now, and he's way better than Dubnyk.

Not sure if it'd be much of an upgrade.

With Eakins there, maybe he'd want Reimer instead, but there's nothing we could take in return...

Unless it was something like Liles and Reimer for a pick and a prospect?

Darnell Nurse! D:

CRAZED, YOU GUYS BETTER BEAT THESE FUCKIN BEARS!

Acid08

Banned
"My goal is to play in the NHL. I have not had any conversations (with Neftekhimik). I love it here" - Nail Yakupov #Oilers

"I was shocked to hear (the KHL rumors). First thought was, "Is dad trying to do something?". But no, he'd never go behind my back"- Yakupov

"This is the first time in my life I am benched. But if the coach has decided so, it must be necessary." - Nail Yakupov #Oilers

"Sometimes I feel I need to do something extraordinary. Always liked to do something like this. Dumping/chasing isn't my game" - Yak #Oilers

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 52 мин
Yakupov's dad Rail (yes, Rail) Yakupov to Sport-Express: "We never thought about Nail's coming back. Don't believe internet rumors" #Oilers

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 11 мин
"I never like to talk about who I'd want to play with. Besides, I haven't done all that much for the team yet" - Yakupov #Oilers
Like all great players, he refuses to play the way the coaches want him to.

Heretic

I honestly don't know if I'd want Yakupov on the Leafs. If he's not working out with Eakins, he sure as hell won't work out with Carlyle.

Carlyle would put him in his place. Outside guy looking in but it seems like the coaches are afraid of the players in Edmonton. Or the reception the coaches might get from the fans if they treat the players wrong. Just my perspective on this. I could be 100% wrong.

Top Bottom